Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-30-2007, 09:57 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Amazing numbers after 4 games

The Cowboys have scored 151 points in their first four games, just a sick number.

I went back and looked at how long it took them to score 151 points in a season since 2000 and here's what I've got ...

2006 - sixth game
2005 - eighth game
2004 - ninth game
2003 - eighth game
2002 - 12th game (how bad was it that year?)
2001 - 10th game
2000 - seventh game

Posted by Todd Archer
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 10:37 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
The Cowboys have scored 151 points in their first four games, just a sick number.

I went back and looked at how long it took them to score 151 points in a season since 2000 and here's what I've got ...

2006 - sixth game
2005 - eighth game
2004 - ninth game
2003 - eighth game
2002 - 12th game (how bad was it that year?)
2001 - 10th game
2000 - seventh game

Posted by Todd Archer
Here is another 3-13.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 10:18 AM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Cowboys are #1 in offense after Week 4, and #8 in defense.

The Cowboys are also tied with Indianapolis for best turnover differential. We're currently at +7 for the season, thanks in part to our league-leading nine interceptions.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Before we get ahead of ourselves everyone needs to realize that the 1 competent offense that we played put up 35 on us.

Yes the defense is improving every week, but they have played the Phins, Bears, and Rams. combined 1 win between them and that 1 win came against the chiefs.

While it may be encouraging at this point, wait for NE to get an accurate read at where we are at right now. I would say given our Division we are a shoe in for the playoffs, and given our conference, we may even be talking about home field advantage come december. But until we get a real test, Im not ready to say we could handle the colts, the pats, or any explosive offense at this point.

We can hang in the NFC, I think that much is evident due to the lack of offensive dominance by any team other than us and the close games that the packers seem to be involved in every week.

We need to stop looking at stats and start looking at opponents. We haven't proven anything yet other than we can beat the teams that we SHOULD beat.

Go Boys.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 05:44 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I completely agree with Burns but I will add one caveat.

We have one divisional win and two road wins. Those cannot be discounted. Winning on the road in the NFL is the sign of a good team. Winning divisional games is also crucial to being a good team.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote