Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-29-2007, 12:06 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Wade Phillips Playoff Defense

OK, here is something to chew on ...

Wade Phillips as DC or Head Coach has been in 16 Playoff Games.

He is 5-11.

In the 11 losses his D has given up 27.9 PPG.

In the 5 wins his D has given up 19.4

Only 2 times has it given up less than 20 points.

Thoughts on his "scheme" in the playoffs versus elite teams / coaches?????
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 12:20 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
OK, here is something to chew on ...

Wade Phillips as DC or Head Coach has been in 16 Playoff Games.

He is 5-11.

In the 11 losses his D has given up 27.9 PPG.

In the 5 wins his D has given up 19.4

Only 2 times has it given up less than 20 points.

Thoughts on his "scheme" in the playoffs versus elite teams / coaches?????
FYI, Parcells 12-9 Playoff Record as DC or HC.

In 12 Wins 9.8 PPG for his D
In 9 Losses 25.2 PPG for his D

10 times his teams held other to under 20 points.
Old 09-29-2007, 03:01 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since we're talking about history...

Wade Phillips as HC in Dallas... UNDEFEATED 3-0.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 04:51 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

Wow, brilliant retort. I wish we could stop the season right now and declare ourselves SB Champs.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:35 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

4-0 HOLLA!!!!!
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 11:37 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
4-0 HOLLA!!!!!
3 - 13.

Put away the oil son.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:28 PM    (permalink
dc4life
Rookie

dc4life needs more cowbell.

Still too early for examining strength of schedules..
dc4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 05:53 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

If you want to examine strength of schedules, Robert, then take a look at the Patriots, whose opponents are a combined 3-9 (and should be 4-12) after tonight. I don't see that many people doubting them.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:09 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ888 View Post
If you want to examine strength of schedules, Robert, then take a look at the Patriots, whose opponents are a combined 3-9 (and should be 4-12) after tonight. I don't see that many people doubting them.
I did in an earlier thread. They can be beaten up at the POA. I have already said it. Stand by it.

Problem is they are getting big leads early and teams get one dimensional.

Patriots (and Cowboys less so) remind me of the 1999 Vikings when they broke all sort of scoring records.

You just gotta be tested to get a thumb up in my book.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:47 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not only is it erroneous to exclusively use opponents' won-loss records to determine strength of schedule, but you guys are also misrepresenting the won-loss records in the first place. The combined record of Dallas Cowboys opponents in games not involving the Cowboys themselves is 3-9. For the Pats, it's 4-8. But those numbers are for the most part meaningless anyway. They tell you just one thing, and that is the collective record of your opponents to date. Nothing more, nothing less.

You're required to look much deeper to determine the true strength of a given team's collective opponents. Teams don't put up the exact same amount of fight from week to week, and there are innumerable reasons for this. Many of which often cannot be quantified or explained. Therefore, it's illogical to give two teams the exact same amount of credit for beating a 4-12 team 2 months apart from each other.

I agree that most, if not all of the teams the Pats and Cowboys have beaten this year have for the most part looked bad in those losses. But we have no way of knowing just how much of that perceived feebleness should be attributed to them being bad, or the Pats and Cowboys being just that good. Obviously, it's a combination of the two to one degree or another. The bottom line is that you don't blow out teams with regularity unless you are a very good team yourself. Not in this league anyway.

Both of these teams have proven plenty so far this year. About as much as can be expected in just 4 games (or 3, in the case of the Pats.) And let's not forget, that's a full quarter of the season (for our Cowboys.) These games count just as much as the games in November.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:00 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH....actually make that 4-0 to shut up this non sense!
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys don't take it personally. He's been predicting doom and gloom around here for awhile now. This is the only way he can explain our success. Instead of admitting when your wrong (9-7,Romo,front office,ect..) He came up with this lame excuse. You can only play who's on your schedule and our says 4-0 TYVM.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:31 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Hey guys don't take it personally. He's been predicting doom and gloom around here for awhile now. This is the only way he can explain our success. Instead of admitting when your wrong (9-7,Romo,front office,ect..) He came up with this lame excuse. You can only play who's on your schedule and our says 4-0 TYVM.
I officially predicted 10-6. I averaged my two previous predictions of 11-5 and 9-7.

I also predicted Romo to the ProBowl and Pocketaces to the short yellow bus.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

LOL yeah I need on that bus after reading all your predictions. 11-5,10-6,9-7 Romo has mechanical issues, cant throw in cold weather, wait till he plays better Defenses, not going to the pro bowl, no wait he is going to the Pro Bowl even with all his issues. "Jerrah" cant build a team but were going to beat New England. You've been exposed enough so just dont respond and move on. Everybody knows what your about and all the predictions/breakdowns youve made about this team and players, so do yourself a favor, and own up to being wrong and admitting this team and front office is much better than you thought/said they would be. The first step is admitting your wrong then we can help you be the true Cowboy fan you know you want to be. BTW hows your Iggles franchise looking?
Old 10-02-2007, 10:27 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Robert this must have been written for you.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cf...9058D017FB87F6
Old 10-02-2007, 10:36 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Robert this must have been written for you.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cf...9058D017FB87F6
Spagnola as final word on an issue. Funny.

U 2 Funny.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:48 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
LOL yeah I need on that bus after reading all your predictions. 11-5,10-6,9-7
U do b/c u can't read like normal human beings.

Quote:
Romo has mechanical issues,
He does. INT and skipped pass last game are a sample but we played a lousy team.

Quote:
cant throw in cold weather,
Ball security was an issue in Cold and Wet weather. Just fact. Let us see if it improves.

Quote:
wait till he plays better Defenses,
You were the idiot crowing about the Bears Defense and they just gave up 34 point in 1 Quarter to the Lions.

We have not played anyone playing good D.

Quote:
not going to the pro bowl, no wait he is going to the Pro Bowl even with all his issues.
And, I still said Pro Bowl.

Quote:
"Jerrah" cant build a team
1994 to 2002

Quote:
but were going to beat New England.
I am being a fannie for just a second but analytically I think we match up AT HOME IN GOOD WEATHER.

Quote:
You've been exposed enough so just dont respond and move on.
Your pathetic resistance is funny.

Quote:
Everybody knows what your about and all the predictions/breakdowns youve made about this team and players,
Yes, I have written it all down and as yet I don't see anything that off.

Quote:
so do yourself a favor, and own up to being wrong and admitting this team and front office is much better than you thought/said they would be.
Well 4-0 is not what I expected but 3-1 was. Only Chicago's poor play is a surprised so far so .... one more win than I expected.

So I was wrong about Chicago which means 11-5, not 10-6. GOD, I am sooooo wrong.

Quote:
The first step is admitting your wrong
Actually only one thing I can 100% say I was wrong on.... I felt the O would take longer to implement. I did not think Garreet would do as good a job with this team.

Quote:
then we can help you be the true Cowboy fan you know you want to be.
I don't want to be an idiot homer. Yuck.

Quote:
BTW hows your Iggles franchise looking?
Look fine to me. 1-3 as a fannie is great.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm trying to figure out what the point of this thread was...?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 09:51 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
I'm trying to figure out what the point of this thread was...?
Why Wade Defenses, while good in the regular season, melt in the Playoffs.

Any thoughts?