Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 06-14-2007, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Knights

Default Who will lead the Pats in receptions?

Anyone want to discuss this situation we have now with a great crew of recievers?
Old 06-14-2007, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Knights

This was supposed to be a poll but I f'ed up. Here are your choices-

Ben Watson
Wes Welker
Randy Moss
Donte Stallworth
Other
Old 06-14-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I hope that it would be Randy Moss. It would nice for him to return to his form from the 2002-2003 seasons when he had over 100 receptions in each season.

With all of the good receivers the Pats have I think that most of the guys may put up numbers that are very close to each other.

Welker may emerge as the top guy if Moss performs like he did back in Oakland. He could end up with another 60+ catch season.

Ben Watson has also become a very valued target of Tom Brady, but with all the wideouts we have now I think there may be a slight drop in his overall catches to say around 35-40, but he is still a top red zone threat and is one of the best young tight ends in the league.

So I hope that Moss leads the team in receptions, but I will go with Welker.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 10:56 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully Moss. If he get's 80+ catches, that will probably mean a thousand yards and double digit touchdowns.
Watson's number may go down a bit, and I think thats for the best. Last year, while he had a great season, he wasn't as good as he should have been IMO.
Welker is a guy who can pile up some catches as well, since he'll probably be open underneath all the time with Moss and Stallworth stretching the field.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:58 AM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt Randy Moss leads in receptions. He never had a lot of catches other than in his prime. I expect him to lead in yards but not receptions. I want to say Welker is going to lead in receptions but they are going to go with a 3 wr set very often?
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernbabybern820 View Post
I doubt Randy Moss leads in receptions. He never had a lot of catches other than in his prime. I expect him to lead in yards but not receptions. I want to say Welker is going to lead in receptions but they are going to go with a 3 wr set very often?
We run a lot of spread, a lot of 3, 4, or even 5 WR sets.

I think it will be Moss, even though we have a lot of options I think he will catch around 75 balls. Welker could get a lot, but I think it will be Moss. I say Stallworth gets around 50-60 for decent yardage and a good amount of scores. Wtason will still get his touches, but probably not like last year. Caldwell and Gaffney could get about 20-30 each, depending upon how pre-season goes.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 06:38 PM    (permalink
megansett56BC
Rookie

megansett56BC hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i say watson... safeties are going to have to roll coverage to moss, but they can't go all the way with stallworth on the other side of him. the seams should be open for watson all day.

that being said, if its not watson, it will probably be welker. and moss will lead in yards and TDs

Belichick might be an a-hole... but I'd rather have an a-hole that wins than one that doesn't.
megansett56BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 06:49 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ben Watson, I've been expecting a true breakout year for him since he was a rookie. No receiver will get over 70 catches in their offense IMO.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Every year is supposed to be Ben Watson's breakout year. I am at a point where I'll believe it when I see it.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:37 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Every year is supposed to be Ben Watson's breakout year. I am at a point where I'll believe it when I see it.
Me too, but I still expect it. I always see articles where Tom Brady says Ben Watson is a FON and will catch a million passes but I'm always left with more to be desired, especially when I draft him in fantasy :(

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-15-2007, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Who will ever forget the way he ran down Champ Bailey? He absolutely is a freak of nature. Now that just needs to get translated onto the field.
Old 06-16-2007, 06:00 AM    (permalink
Phrost

Stallworth easily. Moss gets dubbed or tripped and looks whos there.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:12 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

I also think the Pats paid all those draft picks for Welker for a reason. He should take on Deion Branch's role from 2 years ago, while also bringing PR value.

Is he going to return kicks too? Maroney is great but I don't think the Pats want their starting RB as their sole returner without solid depth behind him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-16-2007, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
I also think the Pats paid all those draft picks for Welker for a reason. He should take on Deion Branch's role from 2 years ago, while also bringing PR value.

Is he going to return kicks too? Maroney is great but I don't think the Pats want their starting RB as their sole returner without solid depth behind him.
He probably will because they want to get Maroney and Hobbs out of KR because of their primary roles on offense and defense. I think Welker will be returning punts and kicks and Hobbs will possibly stay back for kicks.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 11:20 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post

No, I don't think we'll see Maroney returning kicks anymore. Welker should do that.
And I'm not sure he'll be as good as Deion was in our offense. Deion was a fringe number 1 for us back then. Welker is going to settle down in the slot and hopefully stay there for a lot of years.
As for Watson, yeah, it could be his breakout year. But he had a better chance of breaking out last year and he didn't own it like he should have. He had the chance to put up ELITE tight end numbers...but he simply wasn't there at times. He was a nonfactor in the redzone as well. The only thing that has changed, which could be bigger than we think, is that Daniel Graham is gone. If you add up his numbers with Grahams, you have the type of season people expect from him. But David Thomas will be getting a lot of catches this year as well, so I don't know if that will be a factor.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 06-16-2007 at 11:25 AM.
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 12:51 AM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I actually believe that in 2-3 years Dave Thomas will be our best TE.
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Bostonsportlova
Rookie

Bostonsportlova hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

easy.
welker the most 80-90
moss second 70-60
watson close third 50-40
stallworth fourth. 30-20
Bostonsportlova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

definatley second dave thomas being our best in a few years

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote