Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > AFC West Division Forum

AFC West Division Forum Discuss the AFC West

Old 09-27-2007, 10:36 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 9-7, is that all it will take?

Could some team go 9-7 and actually win the west? Is this realistic.
NIN1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 10:44 AM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

It's possible. I expect though, to be honest, that either the Chargers or the Bronocs should be able to reach the ten win mark. I know neither team has really indicated they can do it yet, but I do know SD got some of its toughest games out of the way arleady, and I know Denver is a good enough team it could hit double digits.

Although I wouldnt be surpised with 9-7, I feel like someone is bound to hit ten.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
It's possible. I expect though, to be honest, that either the Chargers or the Bronocs should be able to reach the ten win mark. I know neither team has really indicated they can do it yet, but I do know SD got some of its toughest games out of the way arleady, and I know Denver is a good enough team it could hit double digits.

Although I wouldnt be surpised with 9-7, I feel like someone is bound to hit ten.
i completely agree.. the raiders and cheifs are so horrible that its going to be hard for one of these teams not to win 10 or more.. the broncos very quietly have put up outstanding pass defense numbers (albeit they have a bad run defense) which makes it seem very likely they can go the distance. They're team really is on the cuff of a ten win season- pending how productive jevon walker allows the team to be. The chargers will continue to have problems on defense until Cottrell is fired, there is a reason why he didnt havea job last year he just a bad coach.. they seriously need someone to step up and be a leader because the coach isnt a leader, the running back isnt a leader, and the linebacker is dedicated to bein quiet..

sig by bosanac01
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.

Yah the Chargers suddenly look vulnerable don't they? Their defense has gone from fierce tiger to whimpering kitten. Sort of like that tiger from He-Man.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 06:39 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komp View Post
Yah the Chargers suddenly look vulnerable don't they? Their defense has gone from fierce tiger to whimpering kitten. Sort of like that tiger from He-Man.
leave it to Norv Turner to ruin a possible SB team
Old 09-28-2007, 06:59 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

yeah thats all it will take.I see Denver winning it though with 10 wins.Oakland and SD will be battling it out for 2nd.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:53 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

9? I say the Chiefs win it with 8.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 04:57 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komp View Post
hey man leave cringer out of this lol. ANd they really chose the worst names for those cartoons, i mean the cat's name when he turned big was battle cat;i mean cmon they might as well have named the two alter egos bi*ch cat and badass cat, but thats neither here nor there.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 05:44 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:

I take back this statement. It won't be San Diego anyway who hits ten.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
hey man leave cringer out of this lol. ANd they really chose the worst names for those cartoons, i mean the cat's name when he turned big was battle cat;i mean cmon they might as well have named the two alter egos bi*ch cat and badass cat, but thats neither here nor there.
Yah I think Man At Arms was pretty pissed with his name too...

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 09:14 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

oh come on njx its not a bad thing.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
it might be the worst thing i can think of right now. hell on earth would be listening to raiders fans crowing about making the playoffs over denver AND san diego all off-season. especially after we still sweep you in the regular season. ugh.
its hard to point at one thing and say why not, but its still a near certainty that the raiders will not make the playoffs. They're officially no longer the laughing stock of the leauge, and have instead been upgraded towards the bottom half of the league.. regardless of how you see norv turner or the broncos, and depending how you see the cheifs, the raiders are still the 3rd best team in the division.

sig by bosanac01
Old 10-04-2007, 01:29 AM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average OT LB View Post
its hard to point at one thing and say why not, but its still a near certainty that the raiders will not make the playoffs. They're officially no longer the laughing stock of the leauge, and have instead been upgraded towards the bottom half of the league.. regardless of how you see norv turner or the broncos, and depending how you see the cheifs, the raiders are still the 3rd best team in the division.
Are you even watching the games? You made a comment earlier that makes me think that you've never even watched an AFC West game period. I guess we can allow teams to ride on their records from last year. The Chargers have easily played the worse of any team, and yet it seems you keep them near the top because everyone is waiting for them to "get it going." I hate to break it to you, but it's probably not coming. The play calling in SD is a joke, and the defense isn't playing anywhere near it's potential. You also put Denver above Oakland, which is reasonable, but with a simple timeout negated were talking about a 1-3 Denver and a 3-1 Oakland. If Oakland can get even a medicore effort out of thier pass game they'll be able to compete and win games in the division. The Chiefs are still a mystery to me, I can't tell if the wins are for real, as in did they win or did the other team lose. I have to admit, their defense is outplaying my expectations, and if they can clique offensively they have as good of a chance as anyone. I call the west even at this point for obvious reasons, but to label KC and OAK as the bottom 2 is ridiculous.
SubNoize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 10:13 AM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubNoize View Post
Are you even watching the games? You made a comment earlier that makes me think that you've never even watched an AFC West game period. I guess we can allow teams to ride on their records from last year. The Chargers have easily played the worse of any team, and yet it seems you keep them near the top because everyone is waiting for them to "get it going." I hate to break it to you, but it's probably not coming. The play calling in SD is a joke, and the defense isn't playing anywhere near it's potential. You also put Denver above Oakland, which is reasonable, but with a simple timeout negated were talking about a 1-3 Denver and a 3-1 Oakland. If Oakland can get even a medicore effort out of thier pass game they'll be able to compete and win games in the division. The Chiefs are still a mystery to me, I can't tell if the wins are for real, as in did they win or did the other team lose. I have to admit, their defense is outplaying my expectations, and if they can clique offensively they have as good of a chance as anyone. I call the west even at this point for obvious reasons, but to label KC and OAK as the bottom 2 is ridiculous.
And with a simple timeout not called, your team is 1-3 also. It's not that big of a deal, Denver didn't do anything wrong, and that game was lost.

Obviously San Diego has played bad this year, and obviously Denver is not as good as they were in years past. Both those teams are still better then the Raiders, no matter who we just blew a game too...who do you honestly think someone would rather face, San Diego or Oakland? We've played like **** there's no denying that. But jesus, your 2-2, we're 1-3. Its a whopping one game difference. It's not ridiuclous at all to label the two teams with the least talent as the bottom in the division.

Yes we lost to KC. I still think we're a better team. I know it doesn't mean anything if we don't show up on game day, but I still think we'd be considered the "better team" every single time that game is played.

I'm sorry, Oakland hasn't come that far yet...they're playing better, and again, I'll just repeat it so you don't think I'm acting like San Diego is still a great team, we are not a good team yet this year. But I still think most people would consider us the better team.

Could just be my opinion, but I don't think it is.

Edit: And for the record, I'm not knocking either KC or Oakland, both have surpassed what I expected, so far, but I still don't think they've taken over the top two spots, yet, no mattter how crappy we played so far.

Last edited by JK17 : 10-04-2007 at 10:33 AM.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Wyndham
Rookie

Wyndham hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Yes we lost to KC. I still think we're a better team. I know it doesn't mean anything if we don't show up on game day, but I still think we'd be considered the "better team" every single time that game is played.
As long as you've got Norv Turner, I doubt it.

Talking heads and dopey fans can consider the Chargers whatever they want, but Sunday they were far from the better team, in their own house.

In Arrowhead, the Chargers might not stay within 20 of the Chiefs.
Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 10:42 AM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndham View Post

Talking heads and dopey fans can consider the Chargers whatever they want, but Sunday they were far from the better team, in their own house.

I think your overreacting a whole lot now, but sure. I'll wait it out and if im wrong, im wrong, its not like I have much evidence to back my case so far...and I really hope your not considering me a "dopey fan" because I think a team with a much superior roster will find a way to win, even if through four games they haven't done so.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Wyndham
Rookie

Wyndham hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

No one in particular; just the general masses that enjoy sucking off the Chargers' "most talented team in the world!!!111!!!" even in spite of major issues on the OL, at QB, WR and DB.
Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 11:53 AM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And with a simple timeout not called, your team is 1-3 also. It's not that big of a deal, Denver didn't do anything wrong, and that game was lost.
I wasn't saying Denver did anything wrong, it's completely legal, I was stating that because it shows that Oakland played a supposed top team in the division and damn near won.

Quote:
Obviously San Diego has played bad this year, and obviously Denver is not as good as they were in years past. Both those teams are still better then the Raiders, no matter who we just blew a game too...who do you honestly think someone would rather face, San Diego or Oakland? We've played like **** there's no denying that. But jesus, your 2-2, we're 1-3. Its a whopping one game difference. It's not ridiuclous at all to label the two teams with the least talent as the bottom in the division.
Obviously SD has more talent on paper, but in the NFL paper tigers mean nothing, and the better teams find ways to wins with what they have, Oakland has done a better job at that THIS season. You say it's a one game difference, but the difference is a winning or losing record, and SD has a losing record at the moment nobody else in the divison does. It's ridiculous to rank teams by "Talent" instead of wins and losses, where has all that talent led SD this year? To a single win against a lowly Bears team and a division loss.

Quote:
I'm sure KC would rather take the W, than the "better team" label any day of the week, and good teams always show up on game day. that's a very poor excuse for your teams poorly executed gameplan.

Quote:
I'm sorry, Oakland hasn't come that far yet...they're playing better, and again, I'll just repeat it so you don't think I'm acting like San Diego is still a great team, we are not a good team yet this year. But I still think most people would consider us the better team.
I'm not saying Oakland is a sure fire playoff contender, or even a great team, but they're making strides, and I'd much rather people keep us under the radar and underestimate what we're doing. People can consider you the SB champs, but if we continue to win more games it'll be obvious who's the better team, same can be said if we tank it and you guys play up to potential with all your "Talent."

Quote:
Edit: And for the record, I'm not knocking either KC or Oakland, both have surpassed what I expected, so far, but I still don't think they've taken over the top two spots, yet, no mattter how crappy we played so far.
I actually said the west was even at this point, I don't think you can call one team the "TOP" team and the next the bottom. I think it ignorant to continue to label the same teams better because they supposedly have more talent than the other two., but somehow the "bottom" two continue to win games and compete big time against opponents in the division.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:26 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
No one in particular; just the general masses that enjoy sucking off the Chargers' "most talented team in the world!!!111!!!" even in spite of major issues on the OL, at QB, WR and DB.
Call me crazy, but I don't think any one's been praising the Chargers as of late...

And SubNoize, I don't want to quote and reply to every part of the the response, I don't disagree with most of it. I agree, results are more important then a supposed talent level, its just my belief that the teams with the better talent level will be able to win more frequently as the season progresses, but of course its entirely possible that I'm wrong on that.

EDIT: I just want to address this one part...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubNoize View Post
I'm sure KC would rather take the W, than the "better team" label any day of the week, and good teams always show up on game day. that's a very poor excuse for your teams poorly executed gameplan.
Of course, It's better to win, then look good in a loss; better to be lucky then good. I'm not doubting they'd rather have the win then be the better team. We're not a better team then the Pats, but I'd much rather have the win then the "better team label" (not that we had either, just an example). I'm certainly not excusing the Loss, I've harped over and over and over again, how pathetic the motivation factor and playcalling was in that game. I've ranted for hours how sick it made me. The point I was just trying to make is what plays back into my original belief, that the "better team" will win more games by the end of the year. I still think we're a better team then KC despite the loss, and I think it'll show by the end of the year. But thats also becuase I have faith we'll outplay Norv's bad coaching. Now, that's a huge assumption on my part, because the guy has destroyed this team, but it's my belief, homerish or not, that we'll be able to do that.

That being said, we have accomplished, and at this current rate, will accomplish nothing unless we can turn it around, like I'm assuming we will.

Last edited by JK17 : 10-04-2007 at 01:36 PM.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:24 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

Quote:
That being said, we have accomplished, and at this current rate, will accomplish nothing unless we can turn it around, like I'm assuming we will.
I hope that turn around begins this weekend against Denver, but for a lot of selfish reasons. I want SD to win because I don't want to be the team facing the Chargers off a 2 game divisional losing streak, even though Norv would never inspire or spark a flame, I think the players would finally step up against a team that they've had pretty good success against in the last few years. Also, if the Chargers were to win and the Chiefs lost, that would put the whole divsion at 2-3, with the Raiders having the possibilty to in week 6 go 3-2 if they beat SD and take a game on the division. Good luck this weekend.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Quote:

woooow the chargers might not stay within 20 of the cheifs???? thats just being a dopey fan. The ONLY reason you guys won the game, is because norv turner decided to take LT out of the game (6 carries 2nd half).. the game wasnt over by any means, but when you have the greatest running back in the league, the franchise's history, and arguably ever, and you just ignore him, your asking to lose.

the word that saves you is 'might' because it broadens the scope of the argument.. but if you were to switch that word to say.. definitely.. it just might be the dumbest comment of the year.

sig by bosanac01
Old 10-04-2007, 03:45 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
i hear a sig bet.
I'll take that sig bet....if anyone is interested.

We've done nothing right this year, but wow within 20? New England beat us by 24, in New England, by scoring as the clock was winding down. You can't transfer a game like that and assume it will be the same, but wow.

We aren't that bad we lose by 20 to the Chiefs. Though we did come close.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
it might be the worst thing i can think of right now. hell on earth would be listening to raiders fans crowing about making the playoffs over denver AND san diego all off-season. especially after we still sweep you in the regular season. ugh.
There's no way the Raiders take the west if Denver and San Diego both sweep them. They may look good now, but the schedule is about to get very very rough for Oakland.

I'd love a playoff berth, but I am far from optomistic.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:19 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

Quote:
I'll take that sig bet....if anyone is interested.

We've done nothing right this year, but wow within 20? New England beat us by 24, in New England, by scoring as the clock was winding down. You can't transfer a game like that and assume it will be the same, but wow.

We aren't that bad we lose by 20 to the Chiefs. Though we did come close.
I'd take that bet as a Raider's fan. There's no way the Chargers lose to the Chiefs by 20, the Chiefs have scored like 60 points all year, and that means that have to post at least a 3rd of their points and attempt to pitch a shut out, not likely no matter how poorly coached SD may be.

Last edited by SubNoize : 10-04-2007 at 07:37 PM.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:21 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
There's no way the Raiders take the west if Denver and San Diego both sweep them. They may look good now, but the schedule is about to get very very rough for Oakland.

I'd love a playoff berth, but I am far from optomistic.
I thought the schedule was tough earlier in the year as well, but there's a lot of teams up ahead for Oak that just aren't playing very good ball at the moment such as SD and Chicago. I'm not saying Oakland is playoff bound by any means, but I think they're playing .500 ball at this point with the potential to be better if they get even a mediocre pass offense/defense.