Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 11-15-2006, 04:59 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York Daily News
After the season, they will look to lock up WR Jerricho Cotchery to a long-term contract. He's signed through 2007, but is due to make only $460,000 in his final year.
Old 11-15-2006, 05:15 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown
Quote:
After the season, they will look to lock up WR Jerricho Cotchery to a long-term contract. He's signed through 2007, but is due to make only $460,000 in his final year.
Good move, he's part of the next generation of star recievers

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 06:28 PM    (permalink
jets future
Pro Bowler

jets future smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Quote:
yup i like cotchery, and i love the move. hope fully the jets dont pull a chad morton
jets future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Zim3031
Pro Bowler

Zim3031 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Am I the only one that sees a little Anquan Boldin in him when he plays? Or am I just silly?
Zim3031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 06:37 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim3031
Quote:
Quote:
Am I the only one that sees a little Anquan Boldin in him when he plays? Or am I just silly?
I don't think he's quite at the Boldin level but yeah, I can see what you're saying, they're similar players (at least in my opinion). I don't think Cotchery will ever be an elite guy but he'll always be a very, very good WR. Love the move though, Cotchery is one of my favorite Jets. What a pick in the fourth round, the Jets have had a ton of success in rounds 4-6. Coleman (*2), Rhodes, Smith, Cotchery, Washington, Houston...
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 08:48 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.

I love the coles, cotchery combo at WR, although they might not be the 2 most talented WRs or best for that matter, they are perfect for Pennington, because they make the tough catches and are not afraid to go over the middle

Also Tim Dwight has been nice in the Wayne Chrebet role this season

We haven't seen much from Mccariens this season, i guess he's an OK 3rd receiver.

And finally I would like to see Brad Smith actually play WR some, I think he just has 3 catches this season, maybe give him a pass deep where he can show off his speed- I don't like him lined up in the backfield.

^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 09:26 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9805285

Dewayne Robertson defensive player of the week, is Dewayne your DT?
Old 11-16-2006, 04:47 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991

Hes a DE that game.

He has been putting up some pretty good numbers.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:01 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991

Hes a DE that game.

He has been putting up some pretty good numbers.
Yeah I'm pretty sure all his tackles but one were a yard downfield or less and the farthest downfield he made a tackle was like 3 yds. He's been playing well of late, coaching staff has praised his play and versatility.
Old 11-17-2006, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Moltar

I was positive that when Mangini came to New York that he would put Robertson at DE, but that didn't happen, hopefully he can start there next year if the team can find a solid nose tackle in the draft or free agency.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:31 AM    (permalink
FlutiesDropKick
Pro Bowler

FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moltar
I was positive that when Mangini came to New York that he would put Robertson at DE, but that didn't happen, hopefully he can start there next year if the team can find a solid nose tackle in the draft or free agency.
anyone know what noses will be availible in free agency potentially this year

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)
FlutiesDropKick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Moltar

This game hasn't been much fun so far.
Old 11-19-2006, 01:32 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Great defense today, hopefully the defense keeps it up and we can make some good adjustments at the half. We need to start finishing drives off, we were moving the ball so well early in the half and couldn't put points up on the board.
Old 11-19-2006, 02:52 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222
Great defense today, hopefully the defense keeps it up and we can make some good adjustments at the half. We need to start finishing drives off, we were moving the ball so well early in the half and couldn't put points up on the board.
Agreed. You should have at least had 3, maybe 6 points. But credit our defense to stepping up and forcing those turnovers.

Good game though guys. I knew it was going to be tough; and I though both teams played well. That onside kick by Mangina was dumb. Gave us momentum and a short field.

Good luck the rest of the way!

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 03:06 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh, both the picks were just terrible decisions by pennington

Sig by Me
Old 11-19-2006, 03:08 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETS5128
Both picks were caused by pressure; which caused the bad throw.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 11-19-2006, 03:09 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:
Not the endzone one :?

Sig by Me
Old 11-19-2006, 03:16 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Wale was coming off the edge on that one. I think Chad rushed it because he felt the pressure from outside.

Regardless though; it was a good read by Urlacher and a bad throw by Chad. Brian basically stared down Pennington and read his eyes. He had Coles WIDE OPEN on that play.

Quote:
Old 11-19-2006, 03:32 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Wale was coming off the edge on that one. I think Chad rushed it because he felt the pressure from outside.

Regardless though; it was a good read by Urlacher and a bad throw by Chad. Brian basically stared down Pennington and read his eyes. He had Coles WIDE OPEN on that play.
Yeah Urlacher read chad like a book. But even without Urlacher he was still throwing into double coverage

Sig by Me
Old 11-19-2006, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Zim3031
Pro Bowler

Pennington played like utter garbage today. He couldn't hit anybody that was more than 5 yards away and even then he missed a lot. I'm getting very close to calling for Clemens.

The Bears did not play well at all, we had a chance to win it.
Old 11-19-2006, 05:19 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Pennington played like utter garbage today. He couldn't hit anybody that was more than 5 yards away and even then he missed a lot. I'm getting very close to calling for Clemens.

I agree, its Clemens time. Pennington has been so inconsistent this year. We should try clemens in late game scenarios where we need to go deep, or where we are losing big.
Old 11-19-2006, 05:23 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039
Quote:

I agree, its Clemens time. Pennington has been so inconsistent this year. We should try clemens in late game scenarios where we need to go deep, or where we are losing big.
Were 5-5 right now with still a chance to make the playoffs beacuse of our schedule. Starting a rookie will not, I repeat, will not give us the best chance to make the playoffs. Pennington, even though inconsistent, gives us the best chance to make it to the post season.
Old 11-19-2006, 05:28 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Were 5-5 right now with still a chance to make the playoffs beacuse of our schedule. Starting a rookie will not, I repeat, will not give us the best chance to make the playoffs. Pennington, even though inconsistent, gives us the best chance to make it to the post season.
I guess ur right, I'm just so depressed from every team i like losing this weekend. I'm emotionally wrought, I got nothing left.
Old 11-19-2006, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Zim3031
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You're right, that's probably true.

However, over the last 6 games, Pennington sucks. It's the only to describe it. He physically can't throw the ball more than 10 yards. And throughout this entire game we NEVER threw the ball more than 20 yards. And once again it isn't just this game, Chad has gotten progressively worse as the year goes on.

And the only things that he has had going for him are his accuracy and decision making. They don't exist anymore. He has more interceptions than he does touchdowns. That's not how Chad Pennington is supposed to play.

Chad isn't the future, there's no way that this team could possibly win the super bowl with him on the team. Not when the five yard dump off is the only thing our offense can do.

I'm not definately sold on throwing Clemens in there now; it is probably too early, but Chad is making it hard not to.
Old 11-19-2006, 06:31 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You're right, that's probably true.

However, over the last 6 games, Pennington sucks. It's the only to describe it. He physically can't throw the ball more than 10 yards. And throughout this entire game we NEVER threw the ball more than 20 yards. And once again it isn't just this game, Chad has gotten progressively worse as the year goes on.

And the only things that he has had going for him are his accuracy and decision making. They don't exist anymore. He has more interceptions than he does touchdowns. That's not how Chad Pennington is supposed to play.

Chad isn't the future, there's no way that this team could possibly win the super bowl with him on the team. Not when the five yard dump off is the only thing our offense can do.

I'm not definately sold on throwing Clemens in there now; it is probably too early, but Chad is making it hard not to.
I don't think throwing Clemens in there is going to do much, but I don't see why we can't put him in the game if we need to throw a deep ball at the end of the game or let him play some garbage time to see what we've got. Pennington gives us the best shot to make the playoffs, but in reality against playoff defenses his arm just doesn't cut it, and when they bring pressure he makes bad decisions.