Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC North Division Forum

NFC North Division Forum Discuss the NFC North

Old 09-26-2007, 08:58 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
I love the roar you hear from the crowd when Jennings catches the ball. I can't even imagine how loud that must have been.
I can :D :p

The link doesn't work for me though.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:22 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
I would say that Favre is actually performing better himself too though. While the talent around him was not at its best the past few years, there were many times when I thought that he was not playing that well either no matter how much talent we had around him. It just happens that now our talent is better, our decisions are better, his decisions are better and it seems like he is even putting more into this season than in the past. Essentially, Favre is back in his groove, both in a football sense and motivation sense.
Could that have something to do with not having anything tragic happen in his life this past offseason. It seemed like anytime something could go wrong for the Favre family, it did go wrong. That had to really wear him down.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
Could that have something to do with not having anything tragic happen in his life this past offseason. It seemed like anytime something could go wrong for the Favre family, it did go wrong. That had to really wear him down.
Actually his father in law died a few months ago, he was very close to him from what I heard not to mention the impact of this on his wife and kids. Its unfortunate, but Favre is probably almost getting used to it, sad for him.
Your right he went through a lot of major **** with his family tragedies over the last few years and the drop off in talent during the aparently short rebuilding period certainly effected his play. Still I think twiddler is somewhat right about Favres play this year. His passes seem more acurate and safe. A lot of things are playing into that though such as the things mentioned above plus the things favre himself has said like the fact that the packers have not played from behind by more than 1 score all year(maybe once by 10 points but im not sure). Thanks to the improved defense.

Last edited by Football Fan : 10-01-2007 at 02:10 PM.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan View Post
Actually his father in law died a few months ago, he was very close to him from what I heard not to mention the impact of this on his wife and kids. Its unfortunate, but Favre is probably almost getting used to it, sad for him.
Your right he went through a lot of major **** with his family tragedies over the last few years and the drop off in talent during the aparently short rebuilding period certainly effected his play. Still I think twiddler is somewhat right about Favres play this year. His passes seem more acurate and safe. A lot of things are playing into that though such as the things mentioned above plus the things favre himself has said like the fact that the packers have not played from behind by more than 1 score all year(maybe once by 10 points but im not sure). Thanks to the improved defense.
We've only been down by a touchdown at the beginning of the Charger's game.. then only down by less than that a couple times, if I remember correctly.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan View Post
Yeah, he did have the death of his father in law, so I don't think that is the reason for the improved play. One person who deserves credit has to be Mike McCarthy. Think about it, compared to his years under Mike Sherman, McCarthy appears to have much more control over Favre considering he has him playing in such a conservative manner and not throwing the ball all over the place in stupid pass attempts, one thing that Favre can be known for at times. Even Favre said it himself earlier on in the year on how he didn't enjoy having to play like this but he is doing it and I think he is coming around to it considering our record. Then again, just looking at some of the tight throws that Favre has made in the past games is showing that he can make the tough throws but until we can actually establish this thing called a running game we won't be taking too many shots downfield. Hopefully that happens soon though, because I don't know how long we can keep this up and be successful.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:26 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.

Actually I dont mean to imply twiddler was wrong at all, it is certainly correct that favre is playing better theres no doubt about it. He is playing great, his dumb throws have been minimal. I just think way to many people have dismissed the unfavorable circumstances the team and favre were playing under the last couple years(some people simply because they dont like the team or favre). There should be no doubt that having high expectations for favre or the team during that time werent realistic. Still even when favres surrounding talent level was pretty good around 2000-2004, he was not playing as well and controlled as he is now(pretty damn good though). I also doubt Elway could play as well as favre is now with the non-existant running game instead of having the luxury of terrel davis rushing for 2000 yards and opening up the passing game taking the preasure off etc.. Not that I doubt how good elway was(I enjoyed watching horseface play for many years), but those last 2 years he played with davis running the ball seriously contributed to elways legacy. I do think however, that when the pack does fall behind by a couple scores we will see the questionable, if not plain stupid throws again.
Yep, McCarthy deserves plenty of credit for how well the team and favre are playing right now especially without a running game. Sherman looks worse with each game that is played. I think McCarthy has a much better offensive mind and seems to be an overall better coach. Sherman kept his buddy Rosely around way to long, I thought he was a terrible offensive coordinator. McCarthy has the confidence of the team and fans now. I dont think sherman ever really had that. It also helps that McCarthy was favres qb coach. I think those 2 communicate well and believe in each others abilities and knowledge of the game. Thompson also deserves a lot of credit for choosing McCarthy over the 6 or 7 others he interviewed. A lot of people were skeptical including myself.

Last edited by Football Fan : 10-07-2007 at 04:39 PM.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 02:53 AM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What was the date on this? September 9th?

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 11:14 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what was that? ;)

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 11:21 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
what was that? ;)
NFC NORTH
..............W L
Green Bay 4 1
Detroit ....3 2
Chicago....2 3
Minnesota.1 3
Old 10-07-2007, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
NFC NORTH
..............W L
Green Bay 4 1
Detroit ....3 2
Chicago....2 3
Minnesota.1 3
What's that? All I am seeing right now is 27-20 Bears :)

Old 10-07-2007, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
What's that? All I am seeing right now is 27-20 Bears :)
What's that? Two games down five games in?

Hitman D

Old 10-07-2007, 11:49 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Me smells bitterness after a loss.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 07:53 AM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardvikingsfan View Post
Me smells bitterness after a loss.
Funny, I remember you blaming the refs after your loss...in which we pretty much played the same way as tonight.

Hitman D

Old 10-08-2007, 01:04 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This thread is funny after the Pack's loss to the Bears.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
Hey man... we lost to the LIONS! but we beat the Packers! What does that say? :D

Old 10-08-2007, 01:52 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Sincerely, TL.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only thing I can conclude after last nights game is that the Packers will not go 16-0. Both teams played about equally.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 02:59 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Funny, I remember you blaming the refs after your loss...in which we pretty much played the same way as tonight.
Lol, and your point would be? Atleast I admit my bitterness. lol

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 03:56 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticaLion View Post

Sincerely, TL.
Chicago didnt do anything, the Packers handed them that game and still almost won after giving up 4 turnovers. The picture should be the Lions and the Redskins because the Lions are who got OWNED.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 04:16 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Chicago didnt do anything, the Packers handed them that game and still almost won after giving up 4 turnovers. The picture should be the Lions and the Redskins because the Lions are who got OWNED.

Dude, the Packers played awful football. Bad penalties+5 TO's does not equal a "handling" to me.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 04:21 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Dude, the Packers played awful football. Bad penalties+5 TO's does not equal a "handling" to me.
He said the Packers "handed" them the game. He is saying they played awful.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:24 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
He said the Packers "handed" them the game. He is saying they played awful.

Gotcha, my bad.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 04:40 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Three of those turnovers didn't result in points. Obviously turnovers played a big part, but we had 17 points from purely offensive drives (for the record the Packers had the same).

We had two touchdowns drives of 80+ yards. We also absolutely shut down your offense in the second half

5 plays-14 yards
3 plays-5 yards
3 plays- 8 yards
3 plays-5 yards
3 plays- -7 yards
3 plays- -7 yards

Then finally an 8 play 41 yard drive against our prevent defense.

You can chalk it up anyway you want, but in the second half we kicked your ass, and that was enough to win.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Three of those turnovers didn't result in points. Obviously turnovers played a big part, but we had 17 points from purely offensive drives (for the record the Packers had the same).

We had two touchdowns drives of 80+ yards. We also absolutely shut down your offense in the second half

5 plays-14 yards
3 plays-5 yards
3 plays- 8 yards
3 plays-5 yards
3 plays- -7 yards
3 plays- -7 yards

Then finally an 8 play 41 yard drive against our prevent defense.

You can chalk it up anyway you want, but in the second half we kicked your ass, and that was enough to win.
Packers put up 300+ yards of offence in the first half. That is the best the Packers have played all season on both sides of the ball yet they were only up 10 points because of a few miscues and blown calls. Anyway, this argument is getting repetetive and pointless. Bears won, and are only 2 back of the Packers now.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardvikingsfan View Post
Lol, and your point would be? Atleast I admit my bitterness. lol
But, I can't imagine why I'd be bitter. Serving the game up on a silver platter to the division rival pretty much goes past bitterness.

Hitman D