Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 11-19-2006, 12:13 AM    (permalink
jriles0522
Veteran

jriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default Who would give Ohio State the best game in the NC?

I'd like to see Ohio State-USC just because we've already seen michigan, but i dont think anyone else besides michigan has a legit shot at us. Then again anything can happen FIFTY days from now.

sig by BoneKrusher
jriles0522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 12:17 AM    (permalink
4pAc
Pro Bowler

4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UM, Arkansas would be interesting though

Sig by Darnik44two

Lord Favre Is Immortal
4pAc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 12:18 AM    (permalink
snuff

I could see any of these teams beating tOSU, kinda like a Georgia vs WVU situation when everyone thinks its blowout. Although truly I think Michigan is the only team well rounded enough to truly hang/beat tOSU.
Old 11-19-2006, 12:36 AM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

michigan lost by 3 at OSU's place and they probably would have won by 3 at their place so id like to see them at a nuetral site

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 01:44 AM    (permalink
danman253

Ummmm Michigan and its not even close.
Old 11-19-2006, 06:01 AM    (permalink

We beat Michigan.....give me a new team to beat.

Michigans just lucky there was 3 turnovers giving them great field position or this game would have been won by 3 TD's.
Old 11-19-2006, 06:49 AM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Louisville. shoot out all the way. :twisted:
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 07:15 AM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanna be optimistic, so I said ND...but in truth its proly Michigan, like TCU said, It'd be interesting to see them play at a neutral site...

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 07:34 AM    (permalink

When one team beats another, you move on to the next challenge.

You dont get 2nd chances in college football. Thats why this game was so big and the better team won, both teams knew this going into the game.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:32 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michigan is the only team that has a chance against them.

And anyone else notice that the OSU fans seem afraid to play UM again?

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 09:32 AM    (permalink
The OUTLAW
Rookie

The OUTLAW hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't think OSU fans are afraid of UM. Fact is that OSU has won 5 of the last 6 meetings. However being rivals and the fact that OSU won makes fans wonder why Michigan should get another shot. It's never worked that way before and most think Michigan had it's shot and doesn't deserve another. I for 1 have little doubt that OSU is the better team. It is however difficult to get motivated enough (as the winner) to play them a second time.
The OUTLAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 09:43 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michigan no doubt, but they don't deserve to play us again, that wouldn't be fair. And if they did, then OSU would have to get a split title with them in the event of a loss to be fair. (we gotta beat them twice, they only have to win once? not a fair situation.)
Old 11-19-2006, 09:51 AM    (permalink
Gang Green
Pro Bowler

Gang Green hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5
Michigan no doubt, but they don't deserve to play us again, that wouldn't be fair. And if they did, then OSU would have to get a split title with them in the event of a loss to be fair. (we gotta beat them twice, they only have to win once? not a fair situation.)
I would take that deal. :D
Old 11-19-2006, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Gang Green
Pro Bowler

Gang Green hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Michigan is the only team that has a chance against them.

And anyone else notice that the OSU fans seem afraid to play UM again?
They defintely do, but if we beat OSU by three, I would hate to play them again in the championship game.
Old 11-19-2006, 09:57 AM    (permalink
The OUTLAW
Rookie

People just aren't taking into consideration that this is a rivalry. OSU has played Michigan once a year for a long long time and generally speaking that one game was for all the marbles. One team went on to play in the Rose Bowl and often for a national championship and the other team waited til next year. Now I understand why Michigan wants a rematch, but the bottom line is that it's always been one and done and it really shouldn't change this year.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:30 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of those teams, beyond Michigan, Florida and Arkansas. Florida has everything. Solid on defense with playmakers on offense. Arkansas has the runningbacks to dominate. Of course, I think their defense would eventually tire down. So really, Florida and Michigan, but I've said those are the only two teams I feel that are on Ohio State's level for quite some time now (though that wouldn't mean that any other school couldn't give them a good game).
Old 11-19-2006, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The OUTLAW
People just aren't taking into consideration that this is a rivalry. OSU has played Michigan once a year for a long long time and generally speaking that one game was for all the marbles. One team went on to play in the Rose Bowl and often for a national championship and the other team waited til next year. Now I understand why Michigan wants a rematch, but the bottom line is that it's always been one and done and it really shouldn't change this year.
BUT!.

heres the question that needs answered.

Even though Michigan lost to OSU.

Texas was dominated by OSU
USC Lost to unranked Oregon State have to beat ND
ND Lost to Michigan by 26 and have to beat USC
Florida lost to #11 Auburn.
Arkansas lost to USC by 36 points
Louisville lost to #15 Rutgers
WVU lost to #5 Louisville
Rutgers lost to Unranked Cincy
Boise State is undefeated but hasn't played a ranked team all season.

Michigan lost to the #1 team by 3 points. By Common Sense (Not bcs standards) Michigan should stay #2. And Vie for the NC.
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 10:37 AM    (permalink
The OUTLAW
Rookie

I can't think of even one team has ever lost a game (even against the number one) and not moved downward in the polls. How're you going to lose and stay at 2. I see Michigan falling to 3 and only getting a shot at OSU if USC loses. And even then people would be tempted to use the timing of the losses to possibly bump ND over Mich (which would be a daggone shame).
Old 11-19-2006, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arkansas can hang with the Buckeyes, and maybe even beat them.

The rest of that list, I'm not as sure (yesterday's UM-tOSU game wasn't as close as the 3-pt margin would indicate).
Old 11-19-2006, 10:56 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I can't think of even one team has ever lost a game (even against the number one) and not moved downward in the polls. How're you going to lose and stay at 2. I see Michigan falling to 3 and only getting a shot at OSU if USC loses. And even then people would be tempted to use the timing of the losses to possibly bump ND over Mich (which would be a daggone shame).
ND lost last year and I'm pretty sure they stayed right where they were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller
Quote:
BUT!.

heres the question that needs answered.

Even though Michigan lost to OSU.

Texas was dominated by OSU
USC Lost to unranked Oregon State have to beat ND
ND Lost to Michigan by 26 and have to beat USC
Florida lost to #11 Auburn.
Arkansas lost to USC by 36 points
Louisville lost to #15 Rutgers
WVU lost to #5 Louisville
Rutgers lost to Unranked Cincy
Boise State is undefeated but hasn't played a ranked team all season.

Michigan lost to the #1 team by 3 points. By Common Sense (Not bcs standards) Michigan should stay #2. And Vie for the NC.
Not sure why two-loss Texas was brought up. It'd depend on how impressive USC could look in a win against ND to see how they've improved. ND shouldn't be in the discussion. Florida cam off a huge win, went to a ranked Auburn's house, looked impressive, had a controversial call, and didn't lose by much. Arkansas is a completely different team from when they faced USC, but we saw what happens when you don't have a solid QB (Rutgers). Not sure why Louisville is in the discussion. WVU should actually be in the discussion, but they have no shot now. Not sure why Rutgers or BSU are in the conversation.

So really, IMO, the teams that should be up for consideration are Michigan, Florida, WVU, USC, and Arkansas. And I'd probably say that they're deserving of being in the NC in that order.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:07 AM    (permalink
The OUTLAW
Rookie

Notre Dame is a strange case. They get alot more respect than they deserve at all times.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:18 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If ND beats USC, and Arkansas beats top-10 LSU and top-5 Florida, what happens there?
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 11:23 AM    (permalink

Arkansas or Michigan would have the best shot.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:33 AM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland31
We beat Michigan.....give me a new team to beat.

Michigans just lucky there was 3 turnovers giving them great field position or this game would have been won by 3 TD's.
jesus christ, you are ridiculous. it was great game. Turnovers are part of the game. I could say "If Manningham would have caught that pass we would have won." or"If Crable did not hit Smith." Christ5 you're dumb.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:34 AM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland31
When one team beats another, you move on to the next challenge.

You dont get 2nd chances in college football. Thats why this game was so big and the better team won, both teams knew this going into the game.
Thats not the question at hand. Its who gives the best matchup against them ace.