Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC North Division Forum

NFC North Division Forum Discuss the NFC North

Old 10-08-2007, 06:01 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticaLion View Post

Sincerely, TL.

Sincerely, PACKmanN

P.S- learn how to spell Chicago next time.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This thread is funny after the Pack's loss to the Bears.
Though still holds true...

And my god, if Lions fans start proclaiming themselves better than the Packers, I will probably kill somebody.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post

Sincerely, PACKmanN

he misspelled chicago?

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 06:27 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

My input on the loss: we should have one. My consolation: we should have lost to the Eagles. Karma caught up with us, and the only thing we can do is play mistake-free against the 'Skins. If we do, we have a really, really good chance of winning.

Dallas' probable win tonight against the Bill and probable loss next week to the Patriots, together with a Packer win, would give us a share of the NFC's top spot.

Bottom line, the loss sucks, but we've gotta move on.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:03 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post

Sincerely, PACKmanN

The Lions losing to the Redskins isn't nearly as bad as the Pack losing to the Bears. (Keep in mind... many think the Pack are headed to the Super Bowl, while the Lions will be lucky to see 8 wins.)

The Bears of now aren't anywhere near the Bears of last year... and, without a steady QB and a lot of their defensive studs, they beat the 4-0 Packers. I seem to remember many Packers fans thinking this one was in the books... but the Bears pulled it off... on the road (in Lambeau, none the less) with a 1-3 record against a "rejuvenated" Favre.

P.S.- As pointed out, I didn't misspell "Chicago". Good one, though.

Last edited by TacticaLion : 10-08-2007 at 07:05 PM.
TacticaLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 07:03 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm laughing hysterically that Packers fans are resorting to making fun of the lowly Lions. There was discussion of the Packers/Bears game and because of nothing legit to say, they have to resort to bringing Lions into the discussion. Congrats, you guys are better than the Lions. Does that make you guys feel special? You're better than the worst professional sports franchise over the last 50 years, give your team a pat on the back.

I think it's funny that people still make fun of the Lions in general. As a Lions fan I've heard the same **** for the last 15 years that I've been following football, it doesn't bother me anymore as well as a lot of Lions fans. Instead of making fun of the Lions, Packers fans should be embarrassed that they are only 1 game ahead of an awful Lions team. Then again, there are a lot of teams that should be embarrassed.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 07:06 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
Instead of making fun of the Lions, Packers fans should be embarrassed that they are only 1 game ahead of an awful Lions team. Then again, there are a lot of teams that should be embarrassed.
Ouch.

And, considering that the Lions (barely) beat the Bears a week prior.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm laughing hysterically that Packers fans are resorting to making fun of the lowly Lions. There was discussion of the Packers/Bears game and because of nothing legit to say, they have to resort to bringing Lions into the discussion. Congrats, you guys are better than the Lions. Does that make you guys feel special? You're better than the worst professional sports franchise over the last 50 years, give your team a pat on the back.

I think it's funny that people still make fun of the Lions in general. As a Lions fan I've heard the same **** for the last 15 years that I've been following football, it doesn't bother me anymore as well as a lot of Lions fans. Instead of making fun of the Lions, Packers fans should be embarrassed that they are only 1 game ahead of an awful Lions team. Then again, there are a lot of teams that should be embarrassed.
I'm embarassed.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Lions losing to the Redskins isn't nearly as bad as the Pack losing to the Bears. (Keep in mind... many think the Pack are headed to the Super Bowl, while the Lions will be lucky to see 8 wins.)

The Bears of now aren't anywhere near the Bears of last year... and, without a steady QB and a lot of their defensive studs, they beat the 4-0 Packers. I seem to remember many Packers fans thinking this one was in the books... but the Bears pulled it off... on the road (in Lambeau, none the less) with a 1-3 record against a "rejuvenated" Favre.

P.S.- As pointed out, I didn't misspell "Chicago". Good one, though.
By many, do you mean nobody? I'm not saying I'm ruling it out, but I haven't seen any predictions in regards to the Super Bowl yet, from anybody.

I really hope that you didn't put " " over rejuvanated because you feel that's a joke. Favre had the Bears number the entire game. The one interception was really his only mistake.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:

We should be embarassed because we support a better franchise than you? Why would we be embarassed? We're 4-1 and one of the top teams in the NFC right now.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 07:43 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would like to revisit the Favre picks

The first- Was an illegal forward pass, he was a good yard infront of the LOS.

The second- Peyton Manning wouldve done the same thing in that situation, dont be a jack ass and act like that pick was a stupid decision on his part. there was only time for one left play and it was a hail mary (which i thought JJ or DD caught, but it doesnt matter because its who comes out with it in the pile that counts)

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 08:46 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
(which i thought JJ or DD caught, but it doesnt matter because its who comes out with it in the pile that counts)
I thought that too, but on the replay you can clearly see the bear defender coming down with it, he just got higher than driver.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
I thought that too, but on the replay you can clearly see the bear defender coming down with it, he just got higher than driver.
Yup, I thought DD had it at first too. He got his hands on it but he had bad position and the safety grabbed it away.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'lll be happy if we can beat an NFC North opponent once this year. We only have four chances left.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:58 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would like to revisit the Favre picks

So you're rationalizing that he made an absolutely stupid decision because of a technicality? Basically he cheated and he still made a bad decision. Good argument.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 08:59 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
I really hope that you didn't put " " over rejuvanated because you feel that's a joke. Favre had the Bears number the entire game.
Except for that whole second half of the game when you didn't move the ball or score any points on offense.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Why the Packers lost the game: Bears' second half defense
Old 10-08-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Except for that whole second half of the game when you didn't move the ball or score any points on offense.
He wasn't exactly given an abundance of opportunities in the second half...

Play-calling buried the Packers in the second half. The Bears adjusted, the Packers didn't.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Why the Packers lost the game: Bears' second half defense
Are you kidding? That was a factor, but I think 5 turnovers has a little more to do with it.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thats a horrible argument. Even if they threw the flag, the Bears would decline it and still keep the ball. Basically, you're saying that he ****** up because he ****** up before that? Wow.

Old 10-08-2007, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
Thats a horrible argument. Even if they threw the flag, the Bears would decline it and still keep the ball. Basically, you're saying that he ****** up because he ****** up before that? Wow.
Huh? I don't know much about NFL rules, but that it not how that would work.

If you pass in front of the line of scrimmage, the play is dead. It's not a penalty you can accept or decline.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:05 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Huh? I don't know much about NFL rules, but that it not how that would work.

If you pass in front of the line of scrimmage, the play is dead. It's not a penalty you can accept or decline.
I believe that's right. However he was behind the line.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Are you kidding? That was a factor, but I think 5 turnovers has a little more to do with it.
Why do you think there were 5 turnovers? The Bears defense forced them. Tillman stripped Jones twice, thats two FORCED turnovers by the defense. Then Ayanbadejo stripped the ball on the punt return, that was really a job well done by the special teams. But then the first pick was a direct result of pressure and the Bears D FORCING a bad decision which lead to the pick. And the final pick was just a jump ball, happens all the time.

Old 10-08-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
Why do you think there were 5 turnovers? The Bears defense forced them. Tillman stripped Jones twice, thats two FORCED turnovers by the defense. Then Ayanbadejo stripped the ball on the punt return, that was really a job well done by the special teams. But then the first pick was a direct result of pressure and the Bears D FORCING a bad decision which lead to the pick. And the final pick was just a jump ball, happens all the time.
The defence caused one turnover in the second half that actually mattered (Favre's first INT). That is not why the Bears won the game.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

I don't think the Packers offense had under 100 yards in the second because they're that bad...