Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 09-24-2007, 11:06 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the attention from the media, and also is anyone laughing at the big deal there making at VY throwing 22 passes. Is this a suprise against weak saint secondary, not really LOL....

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 11:14 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually, I don't think our offense played to it's full potential tonight. Our defense played great though. Albert Haynesworth should get a big contract if he continues this type of play, and Keith Bullock is doing great. Those two guys are single handedly making our front seven look great, which in turn is helping our secondary since they don't have to cover a player for too long.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 11:41 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I may be reaching a little bit, but Brandon Jones reminded me of Anquan Boldin tonight...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:25 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Falcons at Titans this Sunday.

I think it will be closer than most think, but I believe the Titans will come out on top. Especially since we had the bye week to work on everything, and I don't think the players will take the Falcons for granted. Should be a good one.

Also, I hope Griffin plays this game. I want his physicality on the field.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:34 PM    (permalink
TitanAddict
Rookie

TitanAddict hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think it's time to take the training wheels off our defense and do some creative blitzing against Harrington. It would be good practice, and I don't think Harrington would handle it very well. Blitzing Peyton is one thing, but Joey Harrington is not Peyton Manning.
"A lot of people say this and say that about us, but thatís a good thing. We want to keep it low, and we donít want all the hype going with the Tennessee Titans. We want to just keep it low. Yíall just keep talking about us, talking bad about us, so we can just continue to go out there each week and show the whole world what type of football team we are." -- Vince Young

T-minus 1 year until the beginning of the Titans Dynasty!
TitanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well looks like I won't be able to see the game this weekend since I have to ******* work on Sunday because my boss is going to the UT-UGA game for the weekend. Our FOX channel at the store is showing the f'ing Rams.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Well, I'm not exactly expecting this game to be one for the ages. But still, if there's a game, I wanna see it.

TiVo?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Titans in this game as well.

About blitzing Harrington: I wonder how accurate Harrington would be if the Titans just rushed their four active defensive lineman, which won't be an easy task for the Falcons offensive line, and dropped a linebacker or two in coverage.

Did the Titans keep their safeties deep against the Saints? I can't recall.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

not only am i going to the UT vs. UGA game tomorrow, i also get to go to the titans vs. falcons game. this weekend is going to be the ****. tough break about the rams game pitbull.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 04:58 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo
Did the Titans keep their safeties deep against the Saints? I can't recall.
I believe so. Chris Hope only had 3 Total Tackles and Calvin Lowry had 4 TOT's. Hope is the SS, and he usually plays closer to the LOS. Last year, when our defense was bad, Hope was in on many plays due to the opponent getting into the secondary. This year, not so much since the D-line has been near dominant. This is Lowry's first year starting, but he's a great tackler and is at least better than LaMont Thompson in coverage.

I'd be very comfortable with blitzing, but its not usually something we do. A rattled Joey Harrington is very nice.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:58 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

VY has looked TERRIBLE today, WHY don't he RUn the ball and we are trying to run the clock out, instead he thrwos it straight to a falcons player.

Old 10-07-2007, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a freakin pathetic performance by Vince, the offense, and special teams. VY looked like a damn high school QB out there today. Special teams were god awful too.

Vince needs to get his head out of his ass and quit worrying about being a pocket passer all the time, cause that's not what he is right now. He needs to use his legs more...there are several times in every game when he could pick up a big chunk of yards by running and he tries to force a pass instead.

I still mantain that we need a dynamic running back. Hopefully it's Chris Henry.

I love our defense this year. They were the only good thing to come out of this game.

I guess if you wanna look on the positive side of things you can say that every year there are a few ugly ugly games. This was one of them, and at least we won. A win is a win to me, but we need to clean it up.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
What a freakin pathetic performance by Vince, the offense, and special teams. VY looked like a damn high school QB out there today. Special teams were god awful too.

Vince needs to get his head out of his ass and quit worrying about being a pocket passer all the time, cause that's not what he is right now. He needs to use his legs more...there are several times in every game when he could pick up a big chunk of yards by running and he tries to force a pass instead.

I still mantain that we need a dynamic running back. Hopefully it's Chris Henry.

I love our defense this year. They were the only good thing to come out of this game.

I guess if you wanna look on the positive side of things you can say that every year there are a few ugly ugly games. This was one of them, and at least we won. A win is a win to me, but we need to clean it up.
I love the defense today, they played good football, but yeah VY needs to get over the fact that people call him a runner over a QB, why does he take it so personal and tries to prove he can pass every down in the pocket, as you stated why not run the ball when you can pick up a first down or a TD(Aka the Jags game). VY has to start running the ball more, it will also open up the passing game for him, and yeah i would like to see what Henry can do.

Old 10-07-2007, 04:34 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

You end up seeing it after all, Pit Bull?

Young being on the field actually hurt us more than it helped. Young can have games like these, but in the end, he comes through. He did not in this one, and it was quite the opposite. He did everything to give the game away. The Boley INT wasn't a big deal to me, and I credit it more for Boley being a great player and making a great play. The other INT was horrible decision making, and he tried to make a play instead of being wise. The last INT was just a horrible throw. Vince Young is not a pocket passer, and is just not there yet when it comes to passing. He does not have the accuracy, and most of his INT's are because of that.

The RB's were mediocre. White fumbled, and it was returned for a TD. Brown had a TD. I concur with Pit Bull in that we still do not have the future at RB, but I doubt that it's Chris Henry. As for the WR's, they did well considering what opportunities they had. Moulds made a great catch. Brandon Jones dropped a TD pass. There's nothing else rememberable. Also, we need an upgrade at tightend. Bo Scaife isn't as good as we think. There was a Troupe sighting in the 2-minute drill at the end of the second, but it's not like he adds much. The O-Line played well, as usual.

The defense played absolutely amazing. Odom had two unexcusable neutral zone infraction penalties, one of which cost us an INT. KVB and Fat Al are monstrous. Finnegan held Roddy White down, and Fuller returned an INT for a TD. Hope would have had an INT, but as I said, Odom screwed it up. Harper was hitting hard, and I'm convinced that he's not a zone corner trying to play man-coverage. Lowry defended a pass that would have been a big play. Outstanding job by them.

Special teams was bad. We gave up two big returns to Norwood. Chris Davis muffed a punt, but did have a nice return on one. Bironas made his kicks, and Hentrich played well. Craig made a great play on that punt block. Ken Amato allowed the guy to get through untouched, and instead of kicking it and allowing the Falcons to possibly recover it, Hentrich kept it and fell. He kept what was already a bad play from turning into a back breaking one.

I honestly have no idea how we won. 5 turnovers, and we gave Atlanta EVERY chance to come back. They had sooooo many chances, and somehow didn't capitolize. At one point, I was convinced we were going to lose because everything that could go wrong was going wrong. I am currently dumbfounded...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

just got back from the game and all i have to say is thank goodness for our defense. it was like our offense and special teams were trying to find any way they could to give the game away.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Everyone is writing off Henry far far too early. There's no way you can say he's not the answer before he gets his fair shot. I still think he's gonna surprise.

Btw, Roos is a magician. He just made another DE disappear for 60 minutes.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:05 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Chris Brown got beat out by a stoned Travis Henry last year. Chris Henry is having chances to play, but he's being declared inactive for every game. He's not outperforming anyone in practice. If we have to release Chris Brown this offseason in order for Henry to be able to be active on gameday, then that is a bad sign.

I'm not completely writing him off, but besides looking like Hercules, he hasn't given me any reason not to besides possibilities and potential.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:36 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Chris Brown got beat out by a stoned Travis Henry last year. Chris Henry is having chances to play, but he's being declared inactive for every game. He's not outperforming anyone in practice. If we have to release Chris Brown this offseason in order for Henry to be able to be active on gameday, then that is a bad sign.

I'm not completely writing him off, but besides looking like Hercules, he hasn't given me any reason not to besides possibilities and potential.
Yeah and LaMont Thompson was starting over Lowry and Fuller last year. Sirmon started over Tulloch. Hill started over Finnegan. Piller began the season as the starter and was only benched because of injury.

Come on now. This is the Fish we're talkin about here. I love him as a coach but this is what he does. You know he's not gonna play Henry this year when we have vets on the team.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:06 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
Yeah and LaMont Thompson was starting over Lowry and Fuller last year. Sirmon started over Tulloch. Hill started over Finnegan. Piller began the season as the starter and was only benched because of injury.

Come on now. This is the Fish we're talkin about here. I love him as a coach but this is what he does. You know he's not gonna play Henry this year when we have vets on the team.
chris henry is mint on madden so that should translate into being good irl

lol

but yeh i reckon he will be good
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 05:07 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i REALLY want jonathan stewart, he reminds me of ronnie brown, but with better vision and better overall speed
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 06:09 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I know Fisher is overly loyal, but it didn't stop him from benching Brown last year in favor for Henry, who had served a suspension for marijuana, and White, a rookie. Plus, Brown was resigned last minute. It's not like this group of guys have been starters for the past 3 years. We have a 2nd year guy, a last minute option who was benched all last year, and a rookie. You'd think that out of that group, the guys who give us the best chance to win will be playing.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hey stephenson...you happen to have that Haynesworth sig that you made me last year saved? Just wondering
Old 10-10-2007, 02:23 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Anyway, onto the Tampa Bay game. What are ya'lls thoughts?

One thing is for certain, if Vince plays like he did against the Falcons, we lose. But I expect him to have learned from those mistakes, and I think he'll come back strong. Not to mention, his ole buddy Cato June will be trying to contain him, which will help a lot. I just think we're the better team all around.

My Key Matchups:

Kyle Vanden Bosch vs Anthony Davis: KVB has been great this year. Like Albert Haynesworth, he's on pace for over 100 tackles and 40 QB pressures. Luke Petitgout went down for the season earlier this year, so his backup will be playing for him. I'm anxious see see how the left side of the line does in handling Bosch Vader and Big Al. Because so far, no one can.

Vince Young vs Bucs' LBs: I think Vince was exposed last week by Michael Boley. This week it doesn't get much easier. I'm not worried by June, but Barrett Ruud is quietly becoming a force at MLB and Derrick Brooks, the ageless wonder, is always tough. I know Vince will have time to throw, but when he gets out of the pocket, I hope he maintains his cool unlike last week. Chow should prepare him for them.

Titans WR's vs Bucs Secondary: Don't look now, but Tampa Bay has a solid secondary. Lead by Pro Bowler Ronde Barber, they rank 9th against the pass (The Titans rank 10th, by the way). Two good cover corners and two safeties who can lay the wood. I'm not too worried since we've faced great secondaries this year, but with the way or WR's are playing, it's not a matchup we win on paper. But then again, we don't usually win any matchups on paper.

Albert Haynesworth vs All: I'll say it here and now, through 5 games this season, Haynesworth has been the best DT in the NFL. Expect him to eat TB's young OL alive.

This should be a low scoring matchup. Two great defenses and two mediocre offenses. Though, the Titans' defensive is better statisitcally in every area, aside Pass Def., than Tampa Bay's. I'm expecting many field goals. I don't expect turnovers from Jeff Garcia, and few big plays. TB's Top 2 RB's are hurt, and all they have is Earnest Graham and now Zach Crockett, who they just signed. Our Front 7 will make them one dimentional.

I'm giving the edge to Tennessee, since we have the better defense and rushing attack. We win a close one. Titans 19, Bucs 13.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 10-10-2007 at 02:30 AM.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:28 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Anyway, onto the Tampa Bay game. What are ya'lls thoughts?

One thing is for certain, if Vince plays like he did against the Falcons, we lose. But I expect him to have learned from those mistakes, and I think he'll come back strong. Not to mention, his ole buddy Cato June will be trying to contain him, which will help a lot. I just think we're the better team all around.

My Key Matchups:

Kyle Vanden Bosch vs Anthony Davis: KVB has been great this year. Like Albert Haynesworth, he's on pace for over 100 tackles and 40 QB pressures. Luke Petitgout went down for the season earlier this year, so his backup will be playing for him. I'm anxious see see how the left side of the line does in handling Bosch Vader and Big Al. Because so far, no one can.

Vince Young vs Bucs' LBs: I think Vince was exposed last week by Michael Boley. This week it doesn't get much easier. I'm not worried by June, but Barrett Ruud is quietly becoming a force at MLB and Derrick Brooks, the ageless wonder, is always tough. I know Vince will have time to throw, but when he gets out of the pocket, I hope he maintains his cool unlike last week. Chow should prepare him for them.

Titans WR's vs Bucs Secondary: Don't look now, but Tampa Bay has a solid secondary. Lead by Pro Bowler Ronde Barber, they rank 9th against the pass (The Titans rank 10th, by the way). Two good cover corners and two safeties who can lay the wood. I'm not too worried since we've faced great secondaries this year, but with the way or WR's are playing, it's not a matchup we win on paper. But then again, we don't usually win any matchups on paper.

Albert Haynesworth vs All: I'll say it here and now, through 5 games this season, Haynesworth has been the best DT in the NFL. Expect him to eat TB's young OL alive.

This should be a low scoring matchup. Two great defenses and two mediocre offenses. Though, the Titans' defensive is better statisitcally in every area, aside Pass Def., than Tampa Bay's. I'm expecting many field goals. I don't expect turnovers from Jeff Garcia, and few big plays. TB's Top 2 RB's are hurt, and all they have is Earnest Graham and now Zach Crockett, who they just signed. Our Front 7 will make them one dimentional.

I'm giving the edge to Tennessee, since we have the better defense and rushing attack. We win a close one. Titans 19, Bucs 13.
Just thought I'd point out that Donald Penn, not Anthony Davis will be starting at LT this week barring any unusual circumstances.

I also agree that Haynesworth has been a monster this year but I don't think he will eat our young O-Line alive. He may however push John Wade around. Our guards are quietly becoming a force but John Wade can at times be a liability.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Haynesworth keeps playing like he has been playing, then the Bucs are going to have a constant problem on their hands. However, their excellent signing of Jeff Garcia this offseason may help alleviate that, if Garcia can move out of the pocket and accurately deliver the ball for positive gains.