Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-19-2006, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

Jdallas hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BX
Burnett?

How about Ratliff? He was really getting pressure all game. What's the knock against him as far as being a DT is concerned? Too small?
He's not really built to be a 3-4 DT and play more than a few plays. He has a great body type to be a 3-4 DE or nickel DT, however.

Desings by D-Unit
Jdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 06:58 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by BX
Burnett?

How about Ratliff? He was really getting pressure all game. What's the knock against him as far as being a DT is concerned? Too small?
I agree Ratliff is really good, he was an absolute steal in the 7th round! I'm not sure if he's really big or strong enough to play NT but he is great as a nickel pass rusher.
Old 11-19-2006, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl85
Kevin Burnett really came to play today! I think he would probably have to be the Defensive MVP of the game with that pick six, that was a HUGE play. I think Burnett earned himself a lot more playing time and possibly a starting role with that game.
I don't think a starting role for him would be the best for our team. I like what we did today having 4 differen't guys play to two positions and mix everything up. Bill wanted to get the outside guys fresher and now he has a mix that can do that.

Now all we need is a backup DT who can also play in the nickel and we'll have a complete front 7 with role players for every spot.

Desings by D-Unit
Old 11-19-2006, 07:00 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdallas
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Quote:
Somebody was asking about this earlier, according to Todd Archer of the DMN Terence Newman hasn't given up a TD since the 2004 season. I'm not sure if that's 100% accurate but I'm inclined to believe it.
I wouldn't be surprised if that streak ended today.
You mean that 9 game win streak.

I would trade a TD against Newman for a win today without flinching.
Don't flinch now...
Old 11-19-2006, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BX
Burnett?

He is a little small for NT, but prefect for the DE in the 3-4 scheme. But I do believe he is 2nd NT on the depth chart.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What you guys think of Carps play. I think he looked pretty good when he was in. He was definitely showing some real effort and hustle during the game.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:08 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I actually think Flo did ok after that one terrible whif of Freeny's sack. I'm sure Flo got revenge with his run blocking which he obviously has a big advantage in that regard. I think the entire o-line played pretty well actually all things considered although Romo's mobility obviously helps.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I actually think Flo did ok after that one terrible whif of Freeny's sack. I'm sure Flo got revenge with his run blocking which he obviously has a big advantage in that regard. I think the entire o-line played pretty well actually all things considered although Romo's mobility obviously helps.
I agree, Colombo especially, looked very good.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:11 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
What you guys think of Carps play. I think he looked pretty good when he was in. He was definitely showing some real effort and hustle during the game.
Hard to say. At least he showed up a few times when he played today. I expect we'll see a lot more of him in the weeks to come. It was for times like this that I didn't criticize that draft pick too much. I didn't think we could go a whole season without a major injury to the LBs.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 07:16 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He seemed pretty active, I think he applied some pressure on the pass rush a little bit but I'm not sure he had a tackle. Having said that though I'm definitely not questioning or criticizing the pick anymore, although I don't think I was really overly critical of him or that the criticism wasn't deserved at that time.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:17 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Did anyone see Romo give Peyton that tap on the helmet after the game, as if to say, "Too bad, but better luck next time, buddy!" ?

We've created a monster.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He's not really consistent yet, but he physically outplayed the guy across from him. I think it will take about 4 games for him to start making a bigger impact.

Desings by D-Unit
Old 11-19-2006, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BX
Did anyone see Romo give Peyton that tap on the helmet after the game, as if to say, "Too bad, but better luck next time, buddy!" ?

We've created a monster.
That probably last 5 minutes until Parcells reminded him of his pick and the one that was dropped.

Desings by D-Unit
Old 11-19-2006, 07:28 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

I know this sounds kinda dumb but if you take away the INT and the near INT Romo played as close to perfect as you can. He made some really big time throws there at the end, the kind of throws you were expecting from Manning.

There's no doubt in my mind that Terence Newman and Anthony Henry deserve to go to the pro bowl, they're playing as close to perfect as CBs can.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I know this sounds kinda dumb but if you take away the INT and the near INT Romo played as close to perfect as you can. He made some really big time throws there at the end, the kind of throws you were expecting from Manning.

There's no doubt in my mind that Terence Newman and Anthony Henry deserve to go to the pro bowl, they're playing as close to perfect as CBs can.
It wasn't a flashy game, but if you QB only has 4 incompletions you're doing pretty good.

Desings by D-Unit
Old 11-19-2006, 07:47 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

Bradie James is definitely our defensive emotional leader and he's very vocal in his leadership role. I really think he also deserves a pro bowl berth although he probably won't get it as he's still kind of an unknown entity around the league. Bradie has really had a great season thus far.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

Do you guys think Gurode and Colombo get signed to extension before the season is over or are allowed to test free agency?

I would love to lock them up for a few years.

Desings by D-Unit
Old 11-19-2006, 07:57 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BX

We've created a monster.
Ha, I noticed that too and kind of chuckled to myself.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 07:58 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Do you guys think Gurode and Colombo get signed to extension before the season is over or are allowed to test free agency?

I would think we'd probably wait until after the season to do that just in case they get hurt or for some reason their play begins to deteriorate substantially. I do think locking those guys up would be a great idea.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:58 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's shown glimpses of talent. It'll take him until next year to put it all together if he does.

Old 11-19-2006, 07:59 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:

At the least, I think Gurode gets a new deal. He's provent to be a solid center and I think we can sign him at a modest rate.

Old 11-19-2006, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:

I would think we'd probably wait until after the season to do that just in case they get hurt or for some reason their play begins to deteriorate substantially. I do think locking those guys up would be a great idea.
I agree, lets see how the rest of the season goes. But Gurode has shown that he can be a solid center for us, for years to come. Colombo has played very well lately, let just see how it turn out.

Another important question would be, will Rivera and Flozell be here next year?
Old 11-19-2006, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I agree, lets see how the rest of the season goes. But Gurode has shown that he can be a solid center for us, for years to come. Colombo has played very well lately, let just see how it turn out.

I think one of them will, not both.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The more Rivera plays, the more I want a Guard in the draft.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 08:39 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

I'm gonna throw something out there and yall will probably think I'm crazy but should we draft Mason Crosby in the first 3 rounds? It sounds crazy but I really think kicker is our biggest need.