Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 10-10-2007, 11:54 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24
Just thought I'd point out that Donald Penn, not Anthony Davis will be starting at LT this week barring any unusual circumstances.

I also agree that Haynesworth has been a monster this year but I don't think he will eat our young O-Line alive. He may however push John Wade around. Our guards are quietly becoming a force but John Wade can at times be a liability.
My bad. Davis was listed on Yahoo as the starter at LT for ya'll. That's what I get for looking to Yahoo for my NFL info. ;)

Why do you have young italicized? You have Trueblood and Joseph, who are in their second years, and Sears, who is a rookie. Penn is the same age as Trueblood and Joseph, so I'll assume he's in his second year too. Wade is the oldest by far, but apparently is the weaklink. Not that it's a big deal.

I like the Tampa Bay offensive line, but Penn, a backup, Sears, a rookie, and Wade, a liability, will have to contain Kyle Vanden Bosch and Albert Haynesworth. You think they will be able to?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
My bad. Davis was listed on Yahoo as the starter at LT for ya'll. That's what I get for looking to Yahoo for my NFL info. ;)

Why do you have young italicized? You have Trueblood and Joseph, who are in their second years, and Sears, who is a rookie. Penn is the same age as Trueblood and Joseph, so I'll assume he's in his second year too. Wade is the oldest by far, but apparently is the weaklink. Not that it's a big deal.

I like the Tampa Bay offensive line, but Penn, a backup, Sears, a rookie, and Wade, a liability, will have to contain Kyle Vanden Bosch and Albert Haynesworth. You think they will be able to?
I italicized the young because although they are young, they do not play that way. I think Sears can more than hold his own in the NFL and yes I think he will be able to help contain KVB. The main problem will be Wade containing Haynesworth. Tampa has had very little trouble containing outside rushers this year eg Peppers, Smith, Grant, Kerney, Little, Mathis, Freeney etc although a lot of that has to do with Garcia eluding lineman in the backfield. As long as Garcia keeps his feet moving, the Titans won't get more than 2 sacks on the game.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 12:57 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Titans only had 2 sacks against the Falcons, 0 against the Saints, 2 against the Colts, and 2 against the Jags. Haynesworth only has one sack the entire season. It's not necessarily that they sack the QB, its the numerous times they pressure him and hit him. Garcia will be moving...a lot.

And for the record, I hope Haynesworth doesn't eat Arron Sears.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:52 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
The Titans only had 2 sacks against the Falcons, 0 against the Saints, 2 against the Colts, and 2 against the Jags. Haynesworth only has one sack the entire season. It's not necessarily that they sack the QB, its the numerous times they pressure him and hit him. Garcia will be moving...a lot.

And for the record, I hope Haynesworth doesn't eat Arron Sears.
Garcia moves a lot in every game so I don't expect that to be a major issue. He has been pressured numerous times and has still only been rarely sacked. Garcia is one of the toughest QB's on the league and one of the few who doesn't slide when he runs the ball. He is one tough of the toughest players going around.

Old 10-11-2007, 09:07 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
Hey stephenson...you happen to have that Haynesworth sig that you made me last year saved? Just wondering
i will look for u
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 09:08 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dont but do u want me to make u one?
Old 10-11-2007, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sure if you want to. No rush
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 01:47 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

will have it later...itll be like my J stew
Old 10-13-2007, 03:14 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

It's Saturday, and so far only me and the Bucs Team Leader have discussed the game... :P Cha'mon guys!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-13-2007, 05:45 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

ok here goes nothing
heres my basic view
tennessees defence will ***** the bucs offence because of the lack of a run game we will be able to focus on the pass more, therefore bucs wont score much
tennessees offence will be able to work long drives and pick up points
tennessee win and big al becomes even more of a god
Old 10-13-2007, 07:06 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

With such a convincing argument, why even bother contemplating a Buccaneer win?

Yes we've already established the Buc's running game is hugely suspect, but there has been little indication that Garcia won't be able to handle extra responsibilities.

The Tennessee offense, like the Buc's will not be able to score off numerous long drives. In my opinion, the teams whose defense plays best will win the game and field position will play a huge role.

Old 10-13-2007, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The reason I think we'll win (this should be no surprise...all Bucs fans think they will win, and all Titans fans think they will win..that's just the way it's gonna be when two tough teams face each other):

Titans' defense has 7 INT's vs. a league-low 2 TD passes allowed.

They have held opposing QB's to a passer rating of 59.7, which is also the lowest in the league.

They have allowed opponents only 14.8 points per game, which is tied for 5th lowest in the league.

Titans' D has allowed opponents to score only three TD's in 12 trips to the red zone, for a 25% success rate. At this point, the Titans have the best red zone defense in the NFL.

After 4 games, the Titans defense has yet to allow a single point in the 4th quarter, the only team in the league to accomplish this.

Officially, the Titans defense is allowing 72 rushing yards per game and 3.8 YPC. HOWEVER...if you take out a 49 yard fake punt by the Falcons in which our actual defense wasn't on the field, then our allowed rushing yards per game drops to 60, #1 in the NFL, and opponents YPC drops to 3.15, #3 in the NFL.

And, if you want to go a little deeper, according to Football Outsiders, Tennessee's defense is ranked #1 in DVOA, which is their own detailed evaluation system that can be read here: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/methods.php#dvoa

The first few of those were taken from a post by nine over at titanscentral, who I know reads and posts over here a lil bit. And I added the last few myself.
Old 10-13-2007, 05:57 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I like Nine's posts. When I see he's made a thread or a post, I make it a priority to see what he says.

Here's one of my better posts from the TB Gameday thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope
Your defense gave up 400 net yards of offense to the Colts, who were without Addai and Harrison. Your "INT picking" (secondary) allowed Manning to complete over 78% of his passes without those weapons (Harrison and Addai). Kenton Keith ran for 121 yards against your super fast LB's. Compare it to the Titans who gave up 381 net yards. We held Joseph Addai to 81 yards (Keith only had 1 rush for 2 yards) and only allowed Manning, who had Harrison, to complete 66.7% of his passes. The only statistic that you guys outperformed the Titans defense was in how many yards you allowed Manning, which was 253 for the Bucs to 312 for the Titans. But given the fact that Manning had to throw because they couldn't run it, I'm not too worried. The Titans defense is also the only unit in the NFL to not allow a single point in the 4th quarter, which is exactly the time a defense shouldn't give them up.

Our lousy corners and suspect safeties aren't quite lousy and suspect, and I'm not expecting Garcia to burn them. He's averaging only 40 more pass yards per game and one more TD pass (this season) than Vince Young, who apparently blows as a passer. The Titans also have beaten better teams, though its not a large difference. The 3 wins ya'll have are against teams who combined are 3-11. Our wins are from teams who combine to go 4-9. Our one loss was to an undefeated team by 2 points. You lost to the same undefeated team by 19 points and to another winning team by 14. An interesting thing is that we both beat New Orleans 31-14.

I'm not expecting Vince to throw much. He only throws around 20 times a game anyway. In our offense, its run, run, pass. I don't care how fast a linebacker is. When he's tired from tackling a RB and trying to figure out if the RB has the ball or the QB is bootlegging it, he won't be very successful. Vince doesn't run much. He runs when he has to, which is usually in the 2nd half.

This will be a defensive battle, and I think the team with the best running game wins. And since I think the Titans have both the better defense and rushing attacks, I'm giving the edge to them.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 10-13-2007 at 06:05 PM.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:14 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

No way in hell Buchanon caught that in bounds. Way to blow the call ref.

That's two drives that we've moved the ball well and it ended in a turnover.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:18 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Vince pulled his quad. Don't expect him to go back him. He could hurt himself even more. Lets hope Kerry can keep us in the game.

KCisaGOD!!!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-14-2007, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Time to activate Henry...we have no big play ability on offense.

Our rushing attack is very overrated. We are a middle of the pack running team at the moment.

LenDale is fat and slow and should be a short yardage and goal line back. He is very good at falling forward and getting 2-3. So we should only put him in the game when we need 2-3. If he ever breaks a 30 yard run I would **** my pants.

Finnegan is awesome, but Harper's ball skills are VERY VERY VERY reminiscent of Rey Hill. Not a good thing. I cringe every time a ball hangs in the air for more than 3 seconds going towards him.

Pac is missed so much on special teams it's not even funny.

WR's played decently, but we need some gamebreakers on offense.

Can't win them all. Tampa played well and won the game fair. No excuses about that.
Old 10-14-2007, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was Chris Brown injured? Because I thought he would be the feature back today, Fisher opting for Brown's speed over White's power running against the speedy/light Bucs defense.
Old 10-14-2007, 04:17 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

now do u see why i want J Stew, lendale is ****
Old 10-14-2007, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Was Chris Brown injured? Because I thought he would be the feature back today, Fisher opting for Brown's speed over White's power running against the speedy/light Bucs defense.
They never really said anything about it, but Brown did limp off the field once and didn't really do much afterwards.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:57 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

It sucks that we didn't have Vince at end game, but Collins put is in a position to win and our defense gave it up at the end.

I think the defense played well. Giving up only 13 points on the road is great, and they only allowed 30 yards to Tampa. They forced Garcia to scramble constantly, and if he wasn't the QB he is, then that would have beein their demise. Unfortunately, he was able to complete passes. The DEF only game up 3 successful drives all day, but they only needed 3.

The offense is atrocious. Every skill position can be upgraded. LenWhale had 25 rushes for 64 yards. Thats less than 3 YPC! If he goes for 100, which most good backs would do, then we'd be in a better chance to win. Chris Brown gives us a game breaker, but he's inconsistent. I want to activate Chris Henry just so we know what we have in him, because if he's a dud, then we need to persue another RB in the offseason. Vince did well until we was hurt, and we had 2 good drives that ended in turnovers. In a game like this, its turnovers and mistakes that hurt you. We lost that category, despite winning in almost every other aspect.

This was a tough road game, and we lost at the last second by a FG when our starting QB was injured for most of the second half. I'm not devastated. Houston, Carolina, and Oakland are next uo and we can win all of those games.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:18 AM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bradon Jones out for atleast 2 - 3 weeks, thats sucks.....

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 03:13 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

It sucks that we lost Jones for a bit, but Justin Gage really impressed me last week. His height and leaping ability works well with Vince's uncanny knack for throwing the ball somewhere around 5 yards around the general vicinity of the reciever. It's a shame we may be without Vince next week, but this is the chance for the receivers to show what they can do. They'll have a polished passer throwing to them and will be up against a bad secondary. I have faith my brothas!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:06 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Andre Johnson isn't playing this weekend against the Titans. I don't know what his official listing is on the Injury Report is though. Still, good news for us.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:06 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

we gotsta win
Old 10-20-2007, 02:08 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Well, Kerry Collins will be starting soooooo...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.