Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-20-2006, 09:13 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default League MVP Reevaluated

Who do you think it is? I think Ladanian Tomlinson is clearly the number 1 candidate. Peyton is always a candidate, but LT has been unreal this year. He has what, 24 TDs on the season already??? Thats insane. He can do everything. The ultimate weapon.

If Romo plays like this all season, he deserves candidacy because that Dallas team doesn't make the playoffs with Bledsoe.

I still think Drew Brees is a candidate.

Not many standout names. The NFL is such a crapshoot the past 2 years.

NOTE: I did not add Romo to the list for 2 reasons.

1. He's still unproven
2. It would ruin the poll for obvious reasons.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:17 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My order

Tomlinson
Manning
Brees
Johnson
Old 11-20-2006, 09:40 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted for Peyton for homer reasons, but I agree that LT is the favorite right now.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 09:42 AM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

watching LT do what he's doing makes this an easy decision for me

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Tubby
Pro Bowler

Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubby
Theres a difference between most valuable player and offensive player of the year, which people dont realize. Most valuable player means that that person is more essential to their team than any other player. Offensive player of the year is just the best offensive player. Sure, LDT has better stats, but without Manning, the colts go 0-16 with Jim Sorgi at QB. Without LDT, the Chargers can still fall back on Michael Turner, who has excelled in the backup RB role. Thats why I say Manning.

Sig by rainbeaukid2
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Everyone pwns the Rams.
Tubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 09:52 AM    (permalink

I voted for LT, but i think Julius Peppers should get some serious consideration.

Peppers already has 12 (i think) sacks and has been unstoppable. He has single-handedly taken over games and proven he is one of the the top 3 players in the league. However, the MVP award is kind of like the heisman, nearly impossible for defensive players to win. Maybe if the Panthers let him line up at TE or something and let him get some TDs.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:57 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree that Manning is MUCH more valuable to the Colts then LT is to the Chargers(partially because Turner is pretty good also), but the way LT's playing right now, he's head and shoulders above everyone else.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LT it is not even close and I'am a Chiefs fan.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:06 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Theres a difference between most valuable player and offensive player of the year, which people dont realize. Most valuable player means that that person is more essential to their team than any other player. Offensive player of the year is just the best offensive player. Sure, LDT has better stats, but without Manning, the colts go 0-16 with Jim Sorgi at QB. Without LDT, the Chargers can still fall back on Michael Turner, who has excelled in the backup RB role. Thats why I say Manning.
Thats not an entirely accurate approach to take. The same can be said of Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Donovann McNabb, and even Jake Dellhomme. By that implication all are more valuable than LT. Its also unfair to do that type of evaluation because losing a starting qb is always a bigger blow to a team compared to losing a starting RB, its just the nature of the game. Losing Brad Johnson is a bigger impact than losing LT. Does that make Brad Johnson a more viable MVP candidate? Clearly not.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:25 AM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.

It's a two horse race, and I'd give Manning the slightest of edges over LT.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmitt Smith
Don’t quit, don’t even quit.
moc182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 12:03 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

it's a tough one this year. manning's stats may be down, but he is almost certainly the only reason the colts are the best team in the AFC. he's pulled them out of games they had no business winning and, for the most part, made every single play he needed to make to win games. i'm not sure this team is 9-1 with most other starting quarterbacks in the league, let alone jim sorgi.

on the other hand, tomlinson may be having one of the best single seasons ever by a running back. he has been nothing short of incredible. the only drawback i see here is how well turner's performed when given the chance. is it tomlinson, or is it the team (i'm *not* saying LT's talentless or anything else ridiculous)?

i'f i'm giving the award, today, it's probably tomlinson by a whisker.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

If Tomlinson doesn't win the MVP, what else would he have to do to win it? He's having one of the best seasons of all-time for a runningback.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's give some love to other candidates, especially LJ.

The losses he's suffered on his OL including a first-ballot Hall of Fame LT right before preseason, his offensive coordinator, his Pro Bowl-level quarterback for half the season, and so on and so on - and he's still beastly.

He's carrying a workload that could endanger his career (I fear) because the Chiefs have no one else, and he's keeping them in the playoff race.
Old 11-20-2006, 12:22 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we are throwing out names...I would throw out Carson Palmer and Steve Smith....likely 4 and 5 in the voting...but Carson has really improved the second part of this year. Steve Smith is well Steve Smith....

LT
Peyton
Peppers
Carson
Smith

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 12:25 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason
No. You're wrong. It's not called "The most valuable player to his team award".
Think of Tomlinson and Peyton as diamonds. Who's shining brighter right now?
And the players' respective backups should have nothing to do with the equation.
Also, to say that the Colts are a no-win team without Peyton is just ridiculous.

val‧u‧a‧ble  /ˈvælyuəbəl, -yəbəl/ Pronunciation
–adjective
1. having considerable monetary worth; costing or bringing a high price: a valuable painting; a valuable crop.
2. having qualities worthy of respect, admiration, or esteem: a valuable friend.
3. of considerable use, service, or importance: valuable information.
–noun
4. Usually, valuables. articles of considerable value, as of personal property, esp. those of relatively small size
Old 11-20-2006, 12:33 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. LT

2. Everyone else. Not close at all. How can a RB have more TD's than a QB does passing TD's and not get the (big) advantage?
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 01:33 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It should be LT, but i could see Manning getting it for the third straight year.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shaun Alexander won last year.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:43 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LT there is no second or third he's 1,2, and 3.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 02:03 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettosermon
LT there is no second or third he's 1,2, and 3.
i agree he's sooo good.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 02:08 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has 23 TD's currently 10 games in, Alexander has the record of 28, LT will easily break that and rush for around 1600-1800 yards.

Old 11-20-2006, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddygoombatts
I voted for LT, but i think Julius Peppers should get some serious consideration.

Peppers already has 12 (i think) sacks and has been unstoppable. He has single-handedly taken over games and proven he is one of the the top 3 players in the league. However, the MVP award is kind of like the heisman, nearly impossible for defensive players to win. Maybe if the Panthers let him line up at TE or something and let him get some TDs.
If Peppers deserves consideration, so does Jason Taylor(if they finish 8-8 or similar to that).

I voted for LT, although it's not decided really between him and Peyton.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 02:30 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

I dont' think you can be an MVP especially a defensive player if your team doesn't make the playoffs and content for the title.

Old 11-20-2006, 02:36 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettosermon
I dont' think you can be an MVP especially a defensive player if your team doesn't make the playoffs and content for the title.
Agreed. They have an accomplishment to honor good players that aren't quite MVP status... the pro-bowl. That's like me saying Palmer deserves consideration, yes he's having a good year but he's not on LT and Mannings level so why even mention him.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's obvious that Manning is the Colts franchise, but as good as Turner has been, would he be anywhere near Tomlinson right now? See that TD Tomlinson caught, do you think Turner could do that? How about all of those carries, he's got what you want in an MVP. In fact, if SA won the award last year with those stats, Tomlinson definitely deserves it.

My Top 10:

1)-Tomlinson
2)-Manning
3)-Johnson
4)-Peppers
5)-Brees
6)-Smith
7)-Palmer
8)-Taylor
9)-Parker
10)-Rivers

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece