Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 11-19-2006, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titans10
Pacman is officially my favorite Titan

I wish i could of seen that punt return
It was very Badass 8)
well i just saw the highlights on nfl.com, and holy sh!t pacman's return was the ****. And finally my boy Troupe with the TD

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 09:43 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0k Em'
http://youtube.com/watch?v=tVP9GzV1ROY

I love that clip.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought when Adam shoved the ball in McCoy's face that it was pretty funny. It was stupid, and typical Adam...but I laughed nonetheless.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 09:47 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0k Em'
http://youtube.com/watch?v=tVP9GzV1ROY

I love that clip.
I do too, I was at that game.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 09:52 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53
I thought when Adam shoved the ball in McCoy's face that it was pretty funny. It was stupid, and typical Adam...but I laughed nonetheless.
I did to.

Old 11-20-2006, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Reggie Nelson is available in the early 2nd. He's a guy I'd love to draft, but I think he might not be there when we pick. We have a history of taking Florida players (Kinney, Troupe, Piller, Reynaldo), too. Imagine him and Hope on the back end. From everything I've read, he's supposed to declare this year because he's not much in the classroom. I don't know if this is indicative of his character or not, but if he checks out good, I'd be ecstatic if we got him, and maybe Gaines or CJ in the first.

If he does last that long, though I'd like:

1. Gaines/CJ - whichever is available, does it really matter?
2. Reggie Nelson - cha-ching!
3. Ben Grubbs - I think he's going to be great in the NFL
4. Top CB/DL/OL available EDIT- Nvm, thought the McNair draft pick was a conditional that could become a 3rd, it's a straight 4th

May be a little wishful thinking.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

We are 9th in the NFL in rushing offense 8)

Kind of funny how everything changed when Piller went out, we put Bell at LG, and started Stewart at RT, the exact same changes that every Titan fan had been calling for for months. The OL has been very good lately. We've also only given up 16 sacks, and a couple of those aren't on the OL. Vince has held the ball too long on a couple of occasions, and has scrambled into a couple of sacks as well (Washington game).

Roos has been great this year, but I think alot can be attributed to Mawae making all the line calls. Stewart can be beat on the edge, but if he gets his hands on you, it's over. Hell, even Benji has played ok this year. I think we need a couple of guys to develop behind Benji and Mawae though.
Old 11-21-2006, 12:03 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hos tulloch been looking in his starts?
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 12:49 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What is Haynesworth's status with the Titans? 6 weeks ago it sounded like Jeff Fisher was so P.O'd at him that he was ready to cut him the second he got back from suspension. Now it sounds like Fisher as well as the rest of the team are almost welcoming him back with open arms. What is his status with the Titans? Are they gonna cut him soon? Are they gonna see how he does the rest of the year? They planning on keeping him longterm?
KaneMarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 01:14 PM    (permalink
zoinks
Rookie

zoinks hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneMarko
What is Haynesworth's status with the Titans?.... Are they gonna cut him soon? Are they gonna see how he does the rest of the year? They planning on keeping him longterm?
Albert has done and said all the right things since his suspension. He's accepted full responsibility for his actions, and quietly accepted the league's decision when it was handed down. He's also acknowledged that he has some anger management issues, and has agreed to counseling.

The Haynesworth incident was an inexcusable and abhorrent cheap shot, but to Albert's credit, his handling of the whole situation has been nothing short of exemplary. However, he still has to prove himself on the field. I originally expected that he would be trade bait after the season, and this is still a strong possibility...but I now think that, assuming he demonstrates a newfound sense of maturity and levelheadedness, the Titans may very well give him a contract extension. He's definitely a dominating presence on the interior, and would be hard to replace. If he's truly turned over a new leaf, he'll be a big part of the team's turnaround.
zoinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

According to Fisher, Reynaldo is going to start this week and we're moving Finnegan back to the nickel.

WTF???? **************!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Old 11-21-2006, 05:23 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86
hos tulloch been looking in his starts?
Pretty good, all over the field, and had an INT during the eagles game. 8)

Old 11-21-2006, 06:42 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
According to Fisher, Reynaldo is going to start this week and we're moving Finnegan back to the nickel.

WTF???? **************!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
I think he said IF his ankle was ok to go....he could be sincere, or he could be making sure he has an excuse so it isn't a flat out benching.

In any case, it doesn't *really* matter. Finegan + Fuller > Hill + Finegan when it comes to the 2nd CB and nickel CB combo, but as a NB, Finegan is still on the field a fair bit anyway.

Speaking of Finegan, what ever happened to his blitzing? He got 2 sacks (1 official) to start the season in like the 1st 3 games and I don't think he has really blitzed since has he?
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

I've noticed that as well (btw they actually finally credited him with his sack on Culpepper, so he officially has 2). It seems to me, at least in the past few weeks, that when we bring our blitz, we are usually bringing one of our LBers up the middle, and they are being picked up successfully by the OL. I'd like to see us use a few more exotic blitzes, maybe some delayed blitzes, or even how we were using Finnegan to blitz out of the nickel db spot. At least then the blitz is coming from the outside and not right in the OL's field of vision.

Finnegan is blazing fast, so he's a very effective blitzer. I wish we'd use him more. Especially if the slot is lined up to the QB's blind spot, we could maybe get a few FF's out of it.

Anyway, on to the Giants game next week. I hope we have LaBoy back. Tony Brown has been good at DE, but I'd rather start LaBoy this week at RDE because the Giants are being forced to start Bob Whitfield at LT. I really think LaBoy will be able to get an edge rush on him successfully, and at the very least make them give help to that side. If he's not back, I'd like to see us use KVB alot on the right side, and let Tony Brown stuff the run on the left side.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:00 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Ben troupe is out for the season. :(

Old 11-22-2006, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ben Troupe out for season

Titans place tight end on injured reserve with broken ankleAssociated Press

National Football League News Wire

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- The Tennessee Titans placed tight end
Ben Troupe on injured reserve Wednesday with a broken right ankle,
leaving the team without two of its top tight ends.

The Titans placed veteran Erron Kinney on injured reserve on
Oct. 13 after he needed further knee surgery. Troupe broke his
right ankle on a touchdown catch in Sunday's 31-13 victory at
Philadelphia and continued playing until swelling forced him to the
bench.

Tennessee had sought a second opinion before confirming the
injury Tuesday. Team officials replaced Troupe on the roster by
promoting defensive end Sean Conover from the practice squad.

Troupe's spot in the offense likely will be filled by Ben
Hartsock, claimed off waivers from Indianapolis on Oct. 25.
Hartsock practiced with the team for the first time a week ago.

"He's been here," coach Jeff Fisher said. "Despite the fact
that he hasn't been on the practice field, he has been in the
meetings and has been paying attention, so he's very comfortable
with the system and what we're doing."

Troupe caught a career-high 55 passes last season, but had only
13 this season. Hartsock has a total of six receptions in three
seasons, all with the Colts in 2004 and 2005.

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Not like he was pulling his weight anyway. It's a loss, and hurts even more with Kinney out, but Scaife was outperforming Troupe anyway.
Old 11-22-2006, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Apparently LaBoy is out this week too because he was sent to get a second opinion on his concussion. ****.

Hopefully we move KVB around then so he can get a little action on the right side vs. Bob Whitfield. Guess Tony Brown will start at DE again. Wish we had a legit pass rusher here, we need to get pressure on Eli to try and force him into mistakes.

I have a feeling Tiki is gonna carve us up, but we still have an outside shot at a win if we keep getting big plays out of the defense and special teams.
Old 11-23-2006, 01:54 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Apparently LaBoy is out this week too because he was sent to get a second opinion on his concussion. ****.

Hopefully we move KVB around then so he can get a little action on the right side vs. Bob Whitfield. Guess Tony Brown will start at DE again. Wish we had a legit pass rusher here, we need to get pressure on Eli to try and force him into mistakes.

I have a feeling Tiki is gonna carve us up, but we still have an outside shot at a win if we keep getting big plays out of the defense and special teams.
tbh i dont see tiki carving us up, our line now is pure run stuff, brown, smith, fatty, KVB, hash run stuff, tbh id be more worried about brandon jacobs
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

We haven't been able to stop the run all year. What makes you think we're gonna be able to stop the 2nd or 3rd best RB in the NFL?

I say he's a lock to go 100+ as long as they don't abandon him like they did last week.
Old 11-23-2006, 08:57 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys, how have u been? Whats ur guys predictions for the Titans record, and what chances do they got to get Calvin Johnson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 09:45 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan
Hey guys, how have u been? Whats ur guys predictions for the Titans record, and what chances do they got to get Calvin Johnson?
He has returned :shock: , I really don't see us being around for CJ, o see us around the 4th pick to the 8th pick. CJ will go top 2....

Old 11-23-2006, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Been awhile since you been around aNY

I agree with smitty, I think we will win 1 or 2 more games, and even with tiebreakers will probably be out of the range to pick CJ. I still want us to get Gaines in the 1st.
Old 11-23-2006, 11:41 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I agree with smitty, I think we will win 1 or 2 more games, and even with tiebreakers will probably be out of the range to pick CJ. I still want us to get Gaines in the 1st.
Schoolwork+Work+Girlfriend=packed schedule

Well I have such a feeling about CJ that trading up for him would be well worth it. I mean just imagine him and Young together on the same side of the ball. It would be an explosove offense. However if we are in top 5 range and he has already been picked and no trade happens, then Gaines Adams is the way to go. Top 10 range:Leon Hall, Ted Ginn Jr, . Below that:Patrick Willis

What about the Ted Ginn Jr. impact? He is a playmaker, but would it be worth the gamble?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 11:45 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan
Quote:

Schoolwork+Work+Girlfriend=packed schedule

Well I have such a feeling about CJ that trading up for him would be well worth it. I mean just imagine him and Young together on the same side of the ball. It would be an explosove offense. However if we are in top 5 range and he has already been picked and no trade happens, then Gaines Adams is the way to go. Top 10 range:Leon Hall, Ted Ginn Jr, . Below that:Patrick Willis

What about the Ted Ginn Jr. impact? He is a playmaker, but would it be worth the gamble?
No he is too raw IMO. Adams is my #1 choice right no, if CJ isn't there.