Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 10-12-2007, 08:09 PM    (permalink
RonnieRun23
Rookie

RonnieRun23 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

http://www.miamiherald.com/856/story/268484.html

It says Gooden will replace McCarthy and Sharpton will start at MLB
RonnieRun23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 10:16 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's very good news. We need our best 3 available against Choice.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 10:18 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Richard Gordon is starting at TE today. That should be interesting.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 10:34 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
I really do hate Kyle Wright with a passion. He may be the worst Quarterback ever to play college football. I would kill to have Brock back. Marve better get in there SOON!
As someone who watches and loves the Browns every week... My comparison to Kyle Wright has been "The ******** college version of Charlie Frye."

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 12:00 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Willie Cooper is horrid
Old 10-13-2007, 01:26 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this is the worst miami team i have ever seen
Old 10-13-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
RonnieRun23
Rookie

The effort was there, but the talent wasn't. You can't win without talent, and Shannon is bringing back the South Florida talent. We'll be National Contenders 3 years, IMO.
Old 10-13-2007, 08:30 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our offense looked pathetic today, can same the same pretty much for the defense, especially the secondary (Except Kenny).

Dolphins Dream Offseason 2014: Re-Sign Paul Soliai and Brent Grimes. Sign Brandon Albert, Sam Shields & Rashad Jennings. The Draft: 1. Kelvin Benjamin 2. Xavier Su'a-Filo 3. Seantrel Henderson 4. Xavier Grimble 5. Dion Bailey 6. Jalen Saunders 7. Nevin Lawson
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 10:40 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our run defense was just as bad if not worse than the pass defense. Choice is a great back but 200 yards is ridiculous.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 10-13-2007, 11:29 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Our run defense was just as bad if not worse than the pass defense. Choice is a great back but 200 yards is ridiculous.
Agreed. Absolutely ridiculous, especially considering the talent we have there on the line. They are talented, no doubt, they just need to man up and start playing like it!

Dolphins Dream Offseason 2014: Re-Sign Paul Soliai and Brent Grimes. Sign Brandon Albert, Sam Shields & Rashad Jennings. The Draft: 1. Kelvin Benjamin 2. Xavier Su'a-Filo 3. Seantrel Henderson 4. Xavier Grimble 5. Dion Bailey 6. Jalen Saunders 7. Nevin Lawson
Old 10-14-2007, 09:56 AM    (permalink
RonnieRun23
Rookie

It's hard to stop the run when 3 of your top 4 DTs are out and you can't bring another man into the box because Cooper cannot cover anything. We just don't have the talent right now to win. plain and simple.

on a positive note, i really liked what i saw from nix today. I think he called a great game and if wright had connected on any of those open long passes, then we win this game handily. kudos to him.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:02 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Yea, Nix is doing his job pretty well. The run defense definitely isn't coaching, it's the players and the injuries there. The defense has so many injuries. If we had Reddick, McCarthy, Cook, Dixon, Holmes I doubt the defense is anywhere near this bad.

One thing I don't get, where was James yesterday? McNeal had as many carries and while McNeal did good there is no way he should be taking that many carries away from James. Was he dinged up or something because I'm pretty sure it wasn't like a benching because if it was that he wouldn't have started or gotten 8 carries. That didn't make much sense to me.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 10-14-2007, 01:34 PM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Yea, Nix is doing his job pretty well. The run defense definitely isn't coaching, it's the players and the injuries there. The defense has so many injuries. If we had Reddick, McCarthy, Cook, Dixon, Holmes I doubt the defense is anywhere near this bad.

One thing I don't get, where was James yesterday? McNeal had as many carries and while McNeal did good there is no way he should be taking that many carries away from James. Was he dinged up or something because I'm pretty sure it wasn't like a benching because if it was that he wouldn't have started or gotten 8 carries. That didn't make much sense to me.
I had the same question about baby j? I hope after back to back losses that stellar recruiting class doesnt start changing their mind

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs
jbeans187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 05:56 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The offense has been a consistent problem, so I won't bother to discuss the problems there. Watching our defense is becoming increasingly furstrating, though. We do have talent at linebacker but they are not even doing an adequate job of reading the offense and filling. Choice got to the second level way too much, and I attribute most of that to our defensive tackles. They were pylons. Moncur & Campbell did a solid job in squeezing the running lanes but it wasn't enough. Willie Cooper is horrendous and can't tackle. He does not deserve to be on the field, I'd rather see JoJo or something. Kenny can't keep getting pancaked, he has to fight off blockers or avoid them.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-15-2007, 07:08 PM    (permalink
RonnieRun23
Rookie

KPs play is the reason why our D is even respectable. I feel so bad for him having to play next to Willie Cooper. I don't know if Berry and Nicolas are that bad that they can't take time away from Cooper, or that the staff wants to stay with the proven (bad) senior.

The reason why JJ has been getting less carries is because he is dancing around in the hole too much. We're sorely missing a power back in our offense, maybe Charlie Jones gets a medical reshirt or Kylan moves back to FB so we can stop playing that lard Mabry.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:12 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Florida State is a must win, not for this season but for the future of the Miami program we need to keep this recruiting class intact
Old 10-21-2007, 08:32 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

WOOOOOOOOOOO, sick win. Great game as always out of UM/FSU. Huge win for us.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 10-24-2007, 01:24 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

God I love beating the Noles!

Old 10-30-2007, 09:13 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

God I love a bye week when we're as inconsistent as ever. NC State at home should not be as scary as it sounds right now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-03-2007, 02:54 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Somebody please kill me. Just put the bullet in my head, I can't ******* take it. **** this stupid ******* world.

Death list before I kill myself:

1. Kirby Freeman
2. Zebras. Zebras who have no business calling a game. First the Jenkins catch in the endzone, then the trip in the backfield, then Shields getting manhandled in the endzone.
3. Daren Daly, for being a worthless kicker, and our coaches for being unable to recruit a guy who can put the ball between the ******* posts.
4. Patrick Nix. I don't care how awful Freeman is and how inclined the refs are to **** us over. Throw in some ******* play action passes. Did we not get an 84 yard TD bomb off of one?
5. Every single one of Kirby Freeman's friends and family.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-03-2007, 03:04 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

The only one I disagree with is Nix. I don't like the fades, but it was probably the only pass play he trusted Kirby to not get sacked on. He did a lot of different stuff with Jenkins and the wildhog formation and the direct snaps. You can't do anything with QB play like he had. I don't blame him one bit for running the ball everytime, Kirby should not have completed a pass today.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 11-03-2007, 03:09 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Can we please start Marve now?
Old 11-03-2007, 03:13 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Marve isn't playing this year.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 11-03-2007, 03:14 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
The only one I disagree with is Nix. I don't like the fades, but it was probably the only pass play he trusted Kirby to not get sacked on. He did a lot of different stuff with Jenkins and the wildhog formation and the direct snaps. You can't do anything with QB play like he had. I don't blame him one bit for running the ball everytime, Kirby should not have completed a pass today.
I liked 90% of his playcalling. I actually liked the fades as they were the safest passes we could throw with Kirby at the helm and the D expecting the pass. We're a lot more likely to pick up a PI call then a completion so those were good calls. Like I said earlier, a couple of PA passes would've resulted in big gains or at least opened up the NCState defense a bit more.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-03-2007, 03:19 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

We tried that throughout the game, and the only one that worked is when the CB was in another area code. When we ran every time we drove. As soon as we started throwing bad things happened.

<njx9> <3 dg