Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-20-2006, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

Jdallas hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Just a note on the Fasano play. Although it was tough to see in real time whether or not he was touched, you have to remember that he probably felt the defender touch him.

Desings by D-Unit
Jdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 03:31 PM    (permalink
mat33
Rookie

mat33 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't see many NT out there in the next draft. But one guy that would be great is Derek Landri from ND. He is no NT, but he and Ratliff inside as nickle pass rushers would be awesome. our nickle line would be Ware-Ratliff-Landri-Hatcher.
mat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 03:46 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdallas
Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod
Even though the combo of Carp/Singleton/Burnett was solid yesterday, I still would like to see us look at some FA's this year or even drafting some talent. The Steelers have yet to resign Joey Porter who is the final year of his deal. Part of me believes they might not sign him. Ware and Porter both play WLB, I wonder if we'd consider signing Porter and moving one of them to SLB.
If we don't resign Singleton this offseason I could see us drafting someone in the 3rd or 4th round based on potential.

I don't see us throwing a lot of money at Porter. This team seems to want to draft defensive talent and sign players on offense.
I've been debating whether or not Dallas needs to spend their first rounder on a WR, but the more I think about it, the more I think that it's not a necessity. I think Bill thinks he has something in Miles Austin or Sam Hurd. The fact that he didn't risk putting either of them on the Practice Squad and making them available to the rest of the league, says a lot... as he treasures every spot on the 53 man roster. Then we also have Crayton who has shown flashes. He's safe in the #3 hole. Yes, Terry Glenn is aging, but he's one of those guys that can play effectively until his late 30's so long as he's healthy. He breaks the mold when you start talking about guys slowing down after their 30th birthday. ...and honestly, I think TO is here until the day he retires. He'll be here longer than Parcells will and nobody will get him the ball more than Romo. Only thing you guys need to get used to is the thought of TO's name getting into the Ring of Honor. :shock:

So yeah, I've concluded that it's not in our best interest to spend a first rounder in a WR unless his name is Calvin Johnson. I'd prefer to look at FA or trade.
First round WR's is a hit or miss proposition. I'd rather see us going ofter a talented veteran than a rookie. A veteran that has a lot of years in him that is.

Offensive line and NT are my top area's of concentration.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The list of of UFA and RFA WR this upcoming offseason is not that appealing. Drew Bennett and Kevin Curtis are solid, but I wouldn't say they are a upgrade over Crayton.

We spent the last few drafts filling up our Defense with playmakers, I think it's the Offenses turn.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 04:57 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
The list of of UFA and RFA WR this upcoming offseason is not that appealing. Drew Bennett and Kevin Curtis are solid, but I wouldn't say they are a upgrade over Crayton.

We spent the last few drafts filling up our Defense with playmakers, I think it's the Offenses turn.
Why not break down a big board for us?

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Forgot to add that I didn't add any Cap casualties, so you never know what players might be out there in the off season but here the list of FA Wr:

Drew Bennett, UFA, Tennessee Titans
Kevin Curtis, UFA, St. Louis Rams
Marc Boerigter, UFA, Green Bay Packers
David Boston, UFA, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Tyrone Calico, UFA, Tennessee Titans
Andre' Davis, UFA, Buffalo Bills
Bobby Engram, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
Justin Gage, UFA, Chicago Bears
D.J. Hackett, RFA, Seattle Seahawks
Keenan McCardell, UFA, San Diego Chargers
Shaun McDonald, UFA, St. Louis Rams
Samie Parker, RFA, Kansas City Chiefs
Jerome Pathon, UFA, Atlanta Falcons
Willie Ponder, UFA, New York Giants
Edell Shepherd, RFA, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Travis Taylor, UFA, Minnesota Vikings
Scottie Vines, RFA, Detroit Lions
Bobby Wade, UFA, Tennessee Titans
Peter Warrick, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
Kelley Washington, UFA, Cincinnati Bengals
Alvis Whitted, UFA, Oakland Raiders
Ernest Wilford, RFA, Jacksonville Jaguars
Old 11-20-2006, 05:07 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Forgot to add that I didn't add any Cap casualties, so you never know what players might be out there in the off season but here the list of FA Wr:

Blah

Old 11-20-2006, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod
Quote:

Blah
Exactly.

Ernest Wilford does interest me, but I would not give up any draft picks for him.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

As for the NT position, there isn't a Vince Wilfork type of prospect in this years draft, But I like a guy like Tardell Sands from Oakland who can stuff the run. He's abit to tall for the NT at 6'7 335lbs, but he is hard to move and just.... BIG
Old 11-20-2006, 06:39 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Outside of that list will be names of players that will be cut, which should add some value to the FA market.

As for trade possibilities... you gotta think disgruntled players... Jerry Porter and Randy Moss come to mind... lol.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 09:20 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Outside of that list will be names of players that will be cut, which should add some value to the FA market.

As for trade possibilities... you gotta think disgruntled players... Jerry Porter and Randy Moss come to mind... lol.
I think one high maintenance, thin-skinned receiver is enough for any team. Besides, I just don't like Moss's attitude. Say what you will about TO, he always plays hard.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 09:24 PM    (permalink

Quote:

Moss and T.O.? :shock: :shock:
Old 11-20-2006, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

As if Jay-Z wasn't cool enough, he just told the MNF crew he's a Cowboys fan. 8)
Old 11-21-2006, 12:42 AM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I certainly don't want to overlook Tampa on Turkey Day but at the risk of being called the master of the obvious the following game against the Giants will be absolutely HUGE. I'm definitely not going to make any bold predictions other than to say the winner of that game will more than likely win the division obviously. That game will probably define our season.
Old 11-21-2006, 01:00 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl85
I certainly don't want to overlook Tampa on Turkey Day but at the risk of being called the master of the obvious the following game against the Giants will be absolutely HUGE. I'm definitely not going to make any bold predictions other than to say the winner of that game will more than likely win the division obviously. That game will probably define our season.
I'm the opposite. I think Tampa will be cake walk and I don't think a win or loss will define our season. We are however, looking quite unstoppable and 4 more wins should take us to the playoffs. Here's how I see our season unfolding the rest of the way.

Tampa - Easy Win - Us against a rookie QB who is on the Road in Dallas on Turkey Day? Ain't happenin' folks.
@Giants - Win - I've been saying we'd split wins since opening day.
Saints - Win - I don't think they are as good as their early season record. I see them battling for a wildcard spot and perhaps being the odd team out.
@Atlanta - Win - Probably the most difficult game that I foresee us having left on the schedule, but if they have to rely on the run (which they will), they are dead.
Philly - Win - Not happenin' without McScab
Detroit - Win - Our starters will sit and we'll still win...Detroit is playing for the top pick of the draft.

Season ending record: 12-4
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 01:31 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl85
I'm the opposite. I think Tampa will be cake walk and I don't think a win or loss will define our season. We are however, looking quite unstoppable and 4 more wins should take us to the playoffs. Here's how I see our season unfolding the rest of the way.

Tampa - Easy Win - Us against a rookie QB who is on the Road in Dallas on Turkey Day? Ain't happenin' folks.
@Giants - Win - I've been saying we'd split wins since opening day.
Saints - Win - I don't think they are as good as their early season record. I see them battling for a wildcard spot and perhaps being the odd team out.

@Atlanta - Win - Probably the most difficult game that I foresee us having left on the schedule, but if they have to rely on the run (which they will), they are dead.
Philly - Win - Not happenin' without McScab
Detroit - Win - Our starters will sit and we'll still win...Detroit is playing for the top pick of the draft.

Season ending record: 12-4
Winning out would be huge for us...likely give us a first round bye with chicago. I really think we need homefield advantage to make it to the bowl tho. I really don't like our chances of winning in Chicago in January.

Another note...figuring an easy win against TB will leave us with 11 days to prepare for the giants....got to like that...not to meniton we will be more rested then them. I agree that the NYG game on monday night will be a good sign of how far this team will go.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 11-21-2006, 01:34 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jaguars won, now we are in control of our playoff run..

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 02:10 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano
The Jaguars won, now we are in control of our playoff run..
Ya i'm really liking the look at a first round bye. We are curently sixth in the NFC playoff wise.

Chicago has one bye looked up it seems.
NYG still have to go to carolina/and play NO plus us. With all those injuries who knows
Seattle hasn't looked like anything without hasselbeck
Carolina is moving up...but have a tough remaining schuedel also at no/at atl
NO has overachieved and the loss of Colston will hurt more then we think

Phi is at the 7 spot...think its safe to say they aren't a threat anymore.
SF is behind them we shouldn't have to worry about them.
I really like our chance in this thing.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 11-21-2006, 02:34 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who knows who are our team captains this year?
Last year they were Campbell, Ellis and I don't remember if there was another one..

Anyone is going to Texas Stadium for the thanksgivin game? This one is nationally televised here in Italy too :D

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 08:31 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

That Redskins loss could bite us in the behind when it comes to home field.

Old 11-21-2006, 09:16 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano
Who knows who are our team captains this year?
Last year they were Campbell, Ellis and I don't remember if there was another one..

Anyone is going to Texas Stadium for the thanksgivin game? This one is nationally televised here in Italy too :D
Bledsoe, Bradie, and Ellis.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 09:30 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys were right, its gonna come down to the Giants/Cowboys game. The Giants are reeling right now, the injuries are almost too much to handle. Our defense is a sitting duck out there, and our offense isn't doing them any favors.

I underestimated how huge losing Petitgout was. Holy crap, ever since he went down Eli is running for his life. His confidence seems at an all time low, and until the coaching staff buys a brain and does something to help Whitfield like leave a TE in to block, we're going no where.

Im hoping that we go no huddle for the rest of the season, it seems that if Eli calls the plays, we have hope. But the playcalling by Huffnagel is absolutely ridiculous. They didn't call Shockey's # once the entire game, we only went to him when Eli called the plays, and naturally, our offense started to get a spark. Eli needs to drastically improve because if he continues to regress, you guys won the division.

I have a bad feeling that Osi and Strahan are both done for the season. If thats the case, then our season is over anyway, because we're simply not a good team without them.
Old 11-21-2006, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
You guys were right, its gonna come down to the Giants/Cowboys game. The Giants are reeling right now, the injuries are almost too much to handle. Our defense is a sitting duck out there, and our offense isn't doing them any favors.

I underestimated how huge losing Petitgout was. Holy crap, ever since he went down Eli is running for his life. His confidence seems at an all time low, and until the coaching staff buys a brain and does something to help Whitfield like leave a TE in to block, we're going no where.

Im hoping that we go no huddle for the rest of the season, it seems that if Eli calls the plays, we have hope. But the playcalling by Huffnagel is absolutely ridiculous. They didn't call Shockey's # once the entire game, we only went to him when Eli called the plays, and naturally, our offense started to get a spark. Eli needs to drastically improve because if he continues to regress, you guys won the division.

I have a bad feeling that Osi and Strahan are both done for the season. If thats the case, then our season is over anyway, because we're simply not a good team without them.
I was completely shocked when no one reacted to me posting that Petitgout was lost for the season. Is it possible that I, a lowly Cowgirls fan, respects him more than you guys?

I honestly hope you guys have to start keeping a TE in to help block, because that means Shockey becomes neutralized. I fear no one in your offense but Shockey, because he holds the keys for everyone else.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 12:23 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward
Quote:

I was completely shocked when no one reacted to me posting that Petitgout was lost for the season. Is it possible that I, a lowly Cowgirls fan, respects him more than you guys?

I honestly hope you guys have to start keeping a TE in to help block, because that means Shockey becomes neutralized. I fear no one in your offense but Shockey, because he holds the keys for everyone else.
My plan would be to come in with a 2 TE set, with Shincao blocking on Whitfield's side, and we run Shockey, Burress and Tyree out on patterns, and Barber in the flats. That would be enough. Afterall, its not like Eli is gonna make 4 reads every play, if we run out 3 guys and a flat route, thats more than enough.

Heck, I wouldnt even use Shincao half the time. Id bring in Seaburt. We use him alot on Run plays as an "eligable TE" and have him pull, but I wouldn't mind having him on pass plays too and have him block. Use a mix of him and Shincao in blocking patterns to mix it up, that can easily solve our problem.

That and not streaking Shockey all the goddamned time. When Eli calls the plays in the no huddle, he uses Shockey as an intermediate route, and the results speak for themselves. When TC and Huffy run the show, we streak him every play with no dump off, so Eli has a choice between.

1. Deepball
2. Deepball
3. Deepball some more.

Its a joke. I honestly don't see any adjustments to our game unless the coaching staff is replaced. We've had the same offensive issues here since TC came on board, and it doesn't look like he's willing to change. So we're in a sticky situation right now. Part of me wants to see us tank the season so we can get TC fired, because that seems like the only way we will ever get a change in the playbook. But the other half of me says that if we can gut this out, and somehow regroup, we have a shot at the SB with this crapshoot NFC conference this year.

But its not looking good for the Giants right now. Im sure BP is using it as motivation for the Bucs game for you guys. Its usually a trap game, but I don't think that happens with Dallas's emotions at an all time high this season.
Old 11-21-2006, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That and not streaking Shockey all the goddamned time. When Eli calls the plays in the no huddle, he uses Shockey as an intermediate route, and the results speak for themselves. When TC and Huffy run the show, we streak him every play with no dump off, so Eli has a choice between.

1. Deepball
2. Deepball
3. Deepball some more.

Its a joke. I honestly don't see any adjustments to our game unless the coaching staff is replaced. We've had the same offensive issues here since TC came on board, and it doesn't look like he's willing to change. So we're in a sticky situation right now. Part of me wants to see us tank the season so we can get TC fired, because that seems like the only way we will ever get a change in the playbook. But the other half of me says that if we can gut this out, and somehow regroup, we have a shot at the SB with this crapshoot NFC conference this year.
You know it's funny, I was watching ESPN and someone made the astute comment (wish I could remember who) that Eli Manning and Mike Vick need to swap offenses. Eli needs the short-intermediate routes of a WCO hybrid, and Vick needs an O that just goes deep all the time. Maybe you guys can work out a trade.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote