Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 11-21-2006, 04:01 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Big Ten Awards

http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphic...igTenTeams.pdf
Old 11-21-2006, 04:08 PM    (permalink

James Hardy had a better statistical season than Anthony Gonzalez in every single category, despite playing less games. But hey he plays for OSU and Hardy plays for IU so let's put him on instead. :roll:
Old 11-21-2006, 04:23 PM    (permalink

Quote:
James Hardy had a better statistical season than Anthony Gonzalez in every single category, despite playing less games. But hey he plays for OSU and Hardy plays for IU so let's put him on instead.
The award goes to the best player, not to the guy with the best stats.
Old 11-21-2006, 04:25 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland31
Quote:
James Hardy had a better statistical season than Anthony Gonzalez in every single category, despite playing less games. But hey he plays for OSU and Hardy plays for IU so let's put him on instead.
I guess that explains why Mike Hass won the Biletnikoff last year.
Old 11-21-2006, 04:29 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
The player that played the best has the best stats buddy.
Old 11-21-2006, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Solomon
Veteran

Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.

imo Mitch King should be on the second team over Patterson, I'm surprised he wasn't even an honorable mention.
Old 11-21-2006, 04:35 PM    (permalink
NickBam
Veteran

NickBam hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
James Hardy had a better statistical season than Anthony Gonzalez in every single category, despite playing less games. But hey he plays for OSU and Hardy plays for IU so let's put him on instead. :roll:
Obviously the coaches see something the media doesn't since Gonzo is Honorable Mention by the media.

Sig by gbpackers0065

Chicago Bears: NFC Champions
NickBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 04:53 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they should've swapped Ginn and Gonzo for first and second team honors, but it really doesn't matter. Ginn is a better player and he had more catches, yards, and touchdowns, but oh well. I'm also baffled how Alex Boone didn't even catch HM all big ten - he's only our most talented lineman.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spencer got his spot. I'm happy.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 05:09 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks pretty good overall. That DL is ridiculous. Woodley, Branch, Pitcock, Spencer, nasty.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 05:12 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickBam
Quote:
Obviously the coaches see something the media doesn't since Gonzo is Honorable Mention by the media.
I honestly think the Media does a better job of these teams and polls. I mean the coaches gave Purdue votes for the top 25 this week.

Didn't see the Media before. Good to see Hardy and Porter on there. Would have liked to see Myers get Honorable Mention but meh.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:16 PM    (permalink

Quote:
I honestly think the Media does a better job of these teams and polls. I mean the coaches gave Purdue votes for the top 25 this week.
Im pretty sure coaches would know players alot better than the media would. There with these guys all week long, not just Saturdays for College Game Day.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:20 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Im pretty sure coaches would know players alot better than the media would. There with these guys all week long, not just Saturdays for College Game Day.
Explain to me how coaches of other teams are with players every single day.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:23 PM    (permalink

THEY ARE COACHES OF THE SAME CONFERENCE (hint why it is the Big Ten awards). Which means once to twice a year each coach gets an entire week to prepare for another Big ten school. The media doesnt do this, the coaches are the ones that know everything.

Why are you argueing that the media has better knowledge over the players than the coaches? It isnt even close!!!!

Coaches recruit them, coach then, scout them, etc......

Quote:
Explain to me how coaches of other teams are with players every single day.
Ummmm I never said that, I said they practice with their own teams and scout other teams all week.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:24 PM    (permalink

Quote:
THEY ARE COACHES OF THE SAME CONFERENCE (hint why it is the Big Ten awards). Which means once to twice a year each coach gets an entire week to prepare for another Big ten school. The media doesnt do this, the coaches are the ones that know everything.

Why are you argueing that coaches have a better understanding over the media? It isnt even close!!!!
Actually it is very debatable. How can you say that Gonzalez deserves it more than Hardy? Please explain that to me.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:27 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Actually it is very debatable. How can you say that Gonzalez deserves it more than Hardy? Please explain that to me.
I shouldnt have to explain why, the Big Ten coaches should, cause there the people that picked and obviously they know more than you so.....
Old 11-21-2006, 05:28 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
I shouldnt have to explain why, the Big Ten coaches should, cause there the people that picked and obviously they know more than you so.....
You could just say that you're an OSU homer. That would have been much quicker to type.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:29 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gonzalez doesn't deserve it more than Hardy. Hardy put up better stats with less support. Gonzo has TedGinn, Troy Smith, Antonio Pittman, and Chris Wells to take pressure off him, for much of the year he was single covered by #2 and worse CB's. Everyone knows Hardy is gonna get the ball but he still produces.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 05:31 PM    (permalink

Quote:
You could just say that you're an OSU homer. That would have been much quicker to type.
Why am I a homer because the Big Ten coaches voted Gonzalez? i had nothing to do with the voting, Im just saying more knowledgable people than all of us combine think differently so THERE!
Old 11-21-2006, 05:33 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Why am I a homer because the Big Ten coaches voted Gonzalez? i had nothing to do with the voting, Im just saying more knowledgable people than all of us combine think differently so THERE!
Quote:
The award goes to the best player
You said he was better and I am debating that with you. I think you give coaches way too much credit. They're not all the football geniuses you think they are. They are easily blinded by a player's name and school and don't see them play every game, like much of the media does.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:35 PM    (permalink

Quote:
You said he was better and I am debating that with you. I think you give coaches way too much credit. They're not all the football geniuses you think they are. They are easily blinded by a player's name and school and don't see them play every game, like much of the media does.
I WILL SAY IT AGAIN!!!!!......

the coaches voted him as a better player, call them out in a meesage board if your sour, NOT ME!!!

Gonzalez will be a first round draft pick, its hard to say any of the Indiana WR's will go first round, it never happens. The coaches know best, not your opinion!
Old 11-21-2006, 05:38 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:

the coaches voted him as a better player, call them out in a meesage board if your sour, NOT ME!!!

Gonzalez will be a first round draft pick, its hard to say any of the Indiana WR's will go first round, it never happens. The coaches know best, not your opinion!
Hardy could easily be a first round pick. You really don't know what you're talking about do you? I'm guessing you've never seen IU other than when they played OSU.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:39 PM    (permalink

Keep argueing, maybe the coaches will get scared and change their minds!

Gonzalez is 1st team all big ten, end of discussion.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:40 PM    (permalink
NickBam
Veteran

NickBam hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hardy could easily be a first round pick. You really don't know what you're talking about do you? I'm guessing you've never seen IU other than when they played OSU.
Gonzo looks to be no worse then a second round pick (he's #4 on Mel Kiper's junior WR list I believe), but Hardy is filthy, to put it simply.

Sig by gbpackers0065

Chicago Bears: NFC Champions
NickBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 05:41 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Keep argueing, maybe the coaches will get scared and change their minds!

Gonzalez is 1st team all bif ten, end of discussion.
Now I see why people hate you so much. Whenever you get into arguement with someone, you either make things up or make points that are completely irrelevant. Am I correct that you have never seen IU play other than against OSU? Also, do you agree that Gonzalez should be all big ten over Hardy?