Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 10-17-2007, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Detroit Pistons Discussion ...

We didn't have one last year? Couldn't find it atleast.

Watching the pre-season game against Denver right now. Could Samb actually be part of our future? I'm interested in the progression of Maxiell this year.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:42 PM    (permalink
jbombul
Rookie

jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i was at the game today, it was in my hometown of grand rapids. some impressions i came away with-

samb is skinny but he is very quick, he was routinely knocking down 15 footers.

flip murray looks like the flip of old, he was taking ahold of some parts of the game and i came away impressed.

i really like jarvis hayes alot, he finally gives us that guy off the bench who isn't afraid to shoot the ball, something we haven't had off the bench since possibly corliss williamson.

there were questions about affalos offensive game, but i think those questions need to be brushed aside as he is very offensively sound.

i got some pictures ill post them up in a little bit. (courtside baby!)
jbombul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 11:58 PM    (permalink
jbombul
Rookie

jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

heres those pics i promised sorry if it makes the thread really long but i dont know how to make thumbnails!

[IMG]
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h31/jbombul/th_bench.jpg[/IMG]
Old 10-18-2007, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice pics!
Old 10-18-2007, 01:09 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've only seen one of our preseason games.. I'm excited to see what Arron Afflalo can get done off the bench.. Jarvis Hayes has looked great from what I hear, too..
Old 10-18-2007, 11:06 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yesterday, on 97.1/1270, they were talking about if the Pistons should inquire about Kobe. Surprisingly, about 60% of the callers said the wanted no part of him.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
Yesterday, on 97.1/1270, they were talking about if the Pistons should inquire about Kobe. Surprisingly, about 60% of the callers said the wanted no part of him.
It would go against the way we built our team. Can we even offer them a realistic trade? They are going to want a PG. Would you give them Billups or Stucky? Maxiell or Amir? Would they even want Rasheed? Our draft picks are to high.

Note - You can listen live to any NBA game at NBA.com if you make an account. I think all the Pistons games are on TV, but who knows you might use it some time down the road.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:52 AM    (permalink
jbombul
Rookie

i can see some light comparisions of stuckey to wade, they are both physical guards and are built the same. stuckey does not have the finishing ability of wade, but he does get to the line quite a bit, he is also good for a 15-6-6 kinda game at anytime, hes one of those do all guards i also have some more pics from the game last night if anyone is interested. also, i would not any part of kobe!! :)
Old 10-18-2007, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbombul View Post
i can see some light comparisions of stuckey to wade, they are both physical guards and are built the same. stuckey does not have the finishing ability of wade, but he does get to the line quite a bit, he is also good for a 15-6-6 kinda game at anytime, hes one of those do all guards i also have some more pics from the game last night if anyone is interested. also, i would not any part of kobe!! :)
Stuckey is looking like a great pick. I heard great things about him but didn't really understand or believe until I watched him play. Should be that backup guy we needed to eat up minutes.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:23 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love to have Kobe on the Pistons.. Though it'd probably cost us something like Rip, Rasheed, Maxiell, and Stuckey.. Probably a little more.

Our starting lineup would probably be Billups/Kobe/Tayshaun/McDyess/Nazr which wouldn't be that bad at all, IMO.. Our bigs off the bench would be thinned out, with only Amir Johnson and Cheikh Samb being capable of playing the 4/5.. And both of them are terribly inexperienced (though I have been known to have a thing for Amir Johnson <3) We'd probably sign Chris Webber after that deal..

Of course, it's not going to happen.. but yeah, I'd support Kobe in Detroit.

Last edited by WMD : 10-18-2007 at 05:32 PM.
WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 08:35 PM    (permalink
JPLUFF
Veteran

JPLUFF hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
I'd love to have Kobe on the Pistons.. Though it'd probably cost us something like Rip, Rasheed, Maxiell, and Stuckey.. Probably a little more.

Our starting lineup would probably be Billups/Kobe/Tayshaun/McDyess/Nazr which wouldn't be that bad at all, IMO.. Our bigs off the bench would be thinned out, with only Amir Johnson and Cheikh Samb being capable of playing the 4/5.. And both of them are terribly inexperienced (though I have been known to have a thing for Amir Johnson <3) We'd probably sign Chris Webber after that deal..

Of course, it's not going to happen.. but yeah, I'd support Kobe in Detroit.
I used Real GM's trade checker to try to find an acceptable trade scenario that would get Kobe here, and there isn't really anything I think they'd go for.

I'm sure the Lakers would want to get younger and equally talented/athletic if they were to trade Kobe, but this team doesn't have too many young athletes outside of Johnson and Stuckey. I'd love to see him in a Pistons uniform though.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:57 PM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

unless they are willing to take Rip and Sheed plus firsts we wont be able to get him. We cant give up too much because we have some seriously unproven commodities on our bench. So if we give up too many estblished players and these rook's dont pan out immidately then we could be in for a long season.

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 11:40 AM    (permalink
JPLUFF
Veteran

Stuckey broke his hand.

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...71/1004/SPORTS
Old 10-25-2007, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPLUFF View Post
Atleast its not in his shooting hand, but its still horrible news. I heard one person say this is good because the time off will make him rested at the end of the season.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:33 PM    (permalink
jbombul
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Atleast its not in his shooting hand, but its still horrible news. I heard one person say this is good because the time off will make him rested at the end of the season.
who'd you hear that from? matt millen or somethin? cuz that person needs a mudhole stompin
Old 10-25-2007, 05:36 PM    (permalink
JPLUFF
Veteran

Yeah he'll be fresh by the end of the season, but he won't have any nba experience going into the playoff run.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Mudhole stompin' lol never heard that before.

Ghetto said this was our rumored trade for Kobe but got shut down or something

Kobe

for

Rip
Tayshaun
Amir
1st rounder
Old 10-25-2007, 10:09 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

If we did that, our lineup would probably be:::

PG- Chauncey Billups / Rodney Stuckey / Lindsey Hunter
SG- Kobe Bryant / Flip Murray / Arron Afflalo / Sammy Mejia
SF- Jarvis Hayes / Ronald Dupree
PF- Antonio McDyess / Jason Maxiell
C- Rasheed Wallace / Nazr Mohammed / Cheikh Samb

Not bad.. I'd hate to get rid of Tayshaun and Amir.. Kobe is the best player in the league though.. It'd be a very tough decision.
WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 01:11 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Stucky, Rip, Sheed + 1sts

For Kobe

Would that kill our frontline to much?
Old 10-26-2007, 02:17 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Stucky, Rip, Sheed + 1sts

For Kobe

Would that kill our frontline to much?
Nah.. we could even sign Chris Webber after that deal. Or trade Flip Murray and whatever else to get another big.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

1-0

Tayshaun drops 34
Old 11-02-2007, 04:11 PM    (permalink
JPLUFF
Veteran

I only watched a little of the game, but I was impressed. I really like Jarvis Hayes' game.

What happened to Affalo though? I know he started but I missed him play.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

2-0

I'm liking this team. Rasheed looks motivated.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright, I haven't been keeping up with the team this offseason . . . is Chris Webber coming back? I heard he got an offer to play in Europe . . .

And are we seriously going with Nazr Muhammad again? Didn't we bench him last season, never to be heard from again?
Old 11-02-2007, 10:41 PM    (permalink
familyguy555
Pro Bowler

familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Nazr Muhammad is the saddest excuse for a basketball player. Whys he playing.

sig made by BoneKrusher
familyguy555 is offline   Reply With Quote