Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 11-18-2006, 09:00 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGahee
Guys, what do you rank the top OL prospects for the Bills as?

In no order:
-Justin Blalock
-Joe Thomas
-Levi Brown
-Jake Long
-Sam Baker

Here's some questions I have....

Do we take Blalock that high? Can he play RT or will he do better at RG like Shawn Andrews?(RT is a much bigger need) Is he mobile enough to be a good pass protector? What range would he be of best value? And do the Cowboys target him?

For Joe Thomas, not too many questions, I think if he falls to us, he is a lock, and we move Peters back to RT.

Levi Brown is very intriguing. He would almost be perfect for RT with his size, explosion (former DT) and pass protecting ability from playing the left side. But why is he not considered so high? Is it injury problems or inconsistency? What range would he be of best value?

Jako Long- Is he better for LT or RT? Can he play LT? Is he good enough a pass protector for the Bills? Is he a project or a step in player? What range would he be of best value?

Sam Baker- Can he run block? Is he physical enough? He will play LT and Peters will move back to RT correct?

If you don't want to answer these questions (Which I'm hoping you do since it will help me in a forum mock), can you at least rank them and tell me what range you expect them to go?

Thanks fellow Bills fans!
It's really going to come down to where we draft.

Top 5--Joe Thomas or possibly Jake Long-Both are solid LT prospects with the necessary quick feet to play the position. However, Long might not declare especially if Michigan loses to Ohio St.
Top 10 Jake Long and possibly Sam Baker. Baker can definitely play LT in the pros.
Top 15 Sam Baker
Top 20 Levi Brown-very solid RT prospect but lacks the quick feet for LT.
Top 25 Justin Blalock-tremendous OG prospect and could play RT. He may go earlier but OG's tend to go later than OT prospects.
Top 35 Joe Staley, a solid LT prospect but will go below the other players because of the competition he played against. He could easily turnout to be a real steal late round 1 or early round 2.

I think the Bills will be looking for a LT unless Peters blows them away with his play. If we draft a LT, then Peters will move back to RT and give us a very solid foundation for an excellent OL.
If Peters showes real talent as a LT, then we might go RT in round 1 or look for one in rounds 2-3 and possibly draft a CB in round 1 to replace Nate Clements if we lose him.
Old 11-18-2006, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGahee
Guys, what do you rank the top OL prospects for the Bills as?

In no order:
-Justin Blalock
-Joe Thomas
-Levi Brown
-Jake Long
-Sam Baker

Here's some questions I have....

Do we take Blalock that high? Can he play RT or will he do better at RG like Shawn Andrews?(RT is a much bigger need) Is he mobile enough to be a good pass protector? What range would he be of best value? And do the Cowboys target him?

For Joe Thomas, not too many questions, I think if he falls to us, he is a lock, and we move Peters back to RT.

Levi Brown is very intriguing. He would almost be perfect for RT with his size, explosion (former DT) and pass protecting ability from playing the left side. But why is he not considered so high? Is it injury problems or inconsistency? What range would he be of best value?

Jako Long- Is he better for LT or RT? Can he play LT? Is he good enough a pass protector for the Bills? Is he a project or a step in player? What range would he be of best value?

Sam Baker- Can he run block? Is he physical enough? He will play LT and Peters will move back to RT correct?

If you don't want to answer these questions (Which I'm hoping you do since it will help me in a forum mock), can you at least rank them and tell me what range you expect them to go?

Thanks fellow Bills fans!
It's really going to come down to where we draft.

Top 5--Joe Thomas or possibly Jake Long-Both are solid LT prospects with the necessary quick feet to play the position. However, Long might not declare especially if Michigan loses to Ohio St.
Top 10 Jake Long and possibly Sam Baker. Baker can definitely play LT in the pros.
Top 15 Sam Baker
Top 20 Levi Brown-very solid RT prospect but lacks the quick feet for LT.
Top 25 Justin Blalock-tremendous OG prospect and could play RT. He may go earlier but OG's tend to go later than OT prospects.
Top 35 Joe Staley, a solid LT prospect but will go below the other players because of the competition he played against. He could easily turnout to be a real steal late round 1 or early round 2.

I think the Bills will be looking for a LT unless Peters blows them away with his play. If we draft a LT, then Peters will move back to RT and give us a very solid foundation for an excellent OL.
If Peters showes real talent as a LT, then we might go RT in round 1 or look for one in rounds 2-3 and possibly draft a CB in round 1 to replace Nate Clements if we lose him.
Most people have Baker way higher than Long due to the fact that Baker projects to LT while Long is likely a RT
Old 11-19-2006, 12:23 AM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

DWhitner20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I really don't think we need to spend a 1st rounder on a RT, Jason Peters is a stud and hasn't reached his peak yet. He's our best lineman and is only getting better. We could spend our 1st round pick more wisely, maybe on a guy like Dwayne Jarrett.
DWhitner20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 12:05 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWhitner20
I really don't think we need to spend a 1st rounder on a RT, Jason Peters is a stud and hasn't reached his peak yet. He's our best lineman and is only getting better. We could spend our 1st round pick more wisely, maybe on a guy like Dwayne Jarrett.
As much as I liked the Jarrett idea, drafting Baker is a great option. We'd potentially have two young, great tackles, and that is a great thing to have. Granted we'd still have guard problems (which could be fixed, maybe even Beekman in the 2nd), these tackles protect our QB from what he cant see, and can seal off a rollout for Losman if pressure does come up the middle. Baker-LG (Gandy works for me) - Fowler - New RG - Peters is pretty good for me, especially when we could double team with Fowler and the RG if he's not that good (see: who we have now). Baker, Jarrett, or Willis seem like the best picks to me. McCauley could be alright, but I would've liked to see Youboty more this year before I did that.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 12:15 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

BILLS INACTIVES: RB Willis McGahee, LB Keith Ellison, OL Tutan Reyes, WR Josh Reed, DE Eric Powell, DT Jason Jefferson.

TEXANS INACTIVES: CB Von Hutchins, RB Ron Dayne, C Drew Hodgdon, T Scott Jackson, T Mike Pearson, DT Cedric Killings, DE Antwan Peek.

Youboty and Bowen, dressing for their 1st games as Bills. :D
Old 11-19-2006, 12:23 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

shake, shake, shake :D
Old 11-19-2006, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Moltar

I hate the Bills...

J. Losman 8/8 209 2 0

L. Evans 6 205 34.2 2

(Jets fan)
Old 11-19-2006, 01:51 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

Lee Evans and Losman went beast.

Lee getting 6 rec, 200 yards and 2 TDs in the 1st QUARTER is INSANE.
Old 11-19-2006, 04:04 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

What a game!

24-21, we pull it out.
Old 11-19-2006, 04:33 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

All the drops and penalties are forgotten now. Thank you, Peerless
Old 11-19-2006, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

See the sig baby!!!!!!!!
Old 11-19-2006, 07:40 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

Anyone else see this comment?:

"If that had been Peyton Manning, you'd expect it," he said disgusted. "But it was J.P. Losman. That's embarrassing. I hope he doesn't feel too good, because we just shot ourselves in the foot." - Dunta Robinson

What a POS...
Old 11-19-2006, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Anyone else see this comment?:

"If that had been Peyton Manning, you'd expect it," he said disgusted. "But it was J.P. Losman. That's embarrassing. I hope he doesn't feel too good, because we just shot ourselves in the foot." - Dunta Robinson

What a POS...
Kinda is true. If Losman hung 300 yards on me I would be pissed, he hasnt been all that great. I like Losman, but still.....
Old 11-19-2006, 07:54 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

But still, what a distasteful comment.
Old 11-19-2006, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
But still, what a distasteful comment.
Oh yeah, it was downright stupid to say, but I cant blame him for feeling like that. Still a jackass for saying it tho.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

It will be interesting to see how the jags look tonight, they are a hit or miss team
Old 11-20-2006, 09:45 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

They're looking pretty darn good, Giants have yet to get a 1st down.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
They're looking pretty darn good, Giants have yet to get a 1st down.
yeah, still holding up well. We are gonna have a tough time if this Jaguar team shows up.
Old 11-21-2006, 04:24 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who remembers me?

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 04:28 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl
Who remembers me?
you were that dolphins fan, right?
Old 11-21-2006, 04:33 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee
you were that dolphins fan, right?
That must be a joke.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 04:34 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

sadly, yes
Old 11-22-2006, 12:53 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

Chris Brown from BuffaloBills.com reporting we've signed TE Matt Murphy to the 53 man roster.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4418
Old 11-22-2006, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We might want to hold off on drafting a OT with our first pick with the way Jason Peters has handled the move to LT.

Terrence Pennington hasn't been half bad at RT and with his athletic ability and his size I'd give him some more time there.

Personally I think Duke Preston has been better than Chris Villariall and I think he'll show that for the rest of the season.

We still need to fix the interior of our line. Melvin Fowler is good but I don't think he's starting matieral. Hopefully Levy looks at Datish during the draft.

Tutan Reyes and Mike Gandy are career backups so looking for a G in this draft will have to be a priority. Justin Blalock is a good canidate here.

So looking ahead this is the line we could be coming in with next season.

Jason Peters-Justin Blalock-Doug Datish-Duke Preston-Terence Pennington
Mike Gandy-Tutan Reyes-Melvin Fowler-Chris Villiariall-Brad Butler
Aaron Merz

That gives us a young, athletic, versatile OL with veteran backups that can come in and get the job done if there is an injury.

Draft
1st-Alan Branch-DT
2nd-Justin Blalock-LG
3rd-Doug Datish-C
4th-Ronnie McGill-RB
6th-Tyler Ecker-TE
7th-Dante Rosario-FB
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 03:20 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

Justin Blalock is a 1st round pick, Fowler dosen't need to be upgraded yet since we have weaker spots and he's been solid.

I'm hoping we can get Eric Steinbach in FA to replace Gandy at LG, then maybe draft Aaron Sears round 2 to play Right Tackle or Right Guard for us(I'm banking on Right Tackle because I think Preston is solid and will get better.)