Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-13-2007, 09:51 AM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.
Default Basketball Season

Well its officailly started now, i have had morningball and been at school at 6:30 for hte pst two weeks playing ball and sort of practicing before the season begins. My comunity team has their first game today and im pretty jacked, tomorrow i have my first mens league game as well. Anyone else here play basketball whether it be mens league, comunity, highschool... or maybe even elementry knowing the age of some of the guys on here.

Just a place to discuss how your team and seasons are going and stories from the season... my team is one of the most.. well you will see by the stories i post after how screwed up these gusy were.. i could scare people with the stories form last year haha

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 09:54 AM    (permalink
Primetime21
Veteran

Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In Canada does basketball start during Football season? No wonder they are on the brink of destruction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz
Primetime21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 09:57 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i've got my high school's team meeting tuesday. Workouts are starting. We have "no ball' the day after thanksgiving. the WORST day ever. 2 hours of pure running, the day after thanksgiving. we get a 2 hour break, and then another 2 hour practice(lighter). the next day is 2 practices as well. Last year i got cut b/c i had ankle problems and sat out "too much" in no ball. My ankle is still only about 80% but we'll see what happens
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 09:59 AM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primetime21 View Post
In Canada does basketball start during Football season? No wonder they are on the brink of destruction.
Well most of the players that play on my team dont actualyl play football so it makes it easier for us, but we are gonan be a top team in the province barring a major catastrophy so we are in for the long haul this year.

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
Old 10-13-2007, 09:59 AM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

What do you play Scotty?

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
Old 10-13-2007, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Primetime21
Veteran

Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
i've got my high school's team meeting tuesday. Workouts are starting. We have "no ball' the day after thanksgiving. the WORST day ever. 2 hours of pure running, the day after thanksgiving. we get a 2 hour break, and then another 2 hour practice(lighter). the next day is 2 practices as well. Last year i got cut b/c i had ankle problems and sat out "too much" in no ball. My ankle is still only about 80% but we'll see what happens
We have had meetings every 2 weeks since start of school. Anybody who doesnt play football has to do Monday Miles. We have tryouts in about 4 weeks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz
Primetime21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 10:05 AM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primetime21 View Post
We have had meetings every 2 weeks since start of school. Anybody who doesnt play football has to do Monday Miles. We have tryouts in about 4 weeks.
Ours are in 35 days... november 17th and im so pumped for them. Comunity ball is just a place i use to get into better shape and develop my left handed dribbling skills. Aswell as get my shot back.. i have a sprained finger and it screws up my shot so much... my free throws seem to be fine though... pre season im 87% right now... up form a terrible 48 last year haha

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
Old 10-13-2007, 10:13 AM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.

Scotty, aren't you guys still not allowed to train together until November. I believe that's what it is in NJ.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:21 AM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbpackers0065 View Post
Scotty, aren't you guys still not allowed to train together until November. I believe that's what it is in NJ.
We are not allowed to train either... We have mornign ball where everyone can show up and then someone leaves "Suggestions" for me and i have to run the team through these drills... all teh catholic schools have done it forever aswell with recruiting.. i have a funny story from that in grade 9. Now the public schools are practicing like the privatly funded schools.

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
Old 10-13-2007, 10:24 AM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
We are not allowed to train either... We have mornign ball where everyone can show up and then someone leaves "Suggestions" for me and i have to run the team through these drills... all teh catholic schools have done it forever aswell with recruiting.. i have a funny story from that in grade 9. Now the public schools are practicing like the privatly funded schools.
Too bad we always smoked them.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:25 AM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Too bad we always smoked them.
Well in our saskatoon they get all teh great player to go there .. cause no matter where they go in grade 9 they get recruited.. last year one team had 4 guys who are now playing for the U of S Huskies... like its not fair

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
Old 10-13-2007, 10:26 AM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Well in our saskatoon they get all teh great player to go there .. cause no matter where they go in grade 9 they get recruited.. last year one team had 4 guys who are now playing for the U of S Huskies... like its not fair
Wait is that a public school?
Old 10-13-2007, 10:28 AM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Wait is that a public school?
No all the catholic schools get the players, we basicalyl get whats left.. i mean this brand new school has this kid goign there who is on my community team.. 6'8 and can dunk... in grade 9:|

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
Old 10-13-2007, 10:30 AM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

Quote:
No all the catholic schools get the players, we basicalyl get whats left.. i mean this brand new school has this kid goign there who is on my community team.. 6'8 and can dunk... in grade 9:|
Damn, i wasn't 6'8" till freshman year of college.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:33 AM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Damn, i wasn't 6'8" till freshman year of college.
I know this kid is gonan be good, He has played with age group since he was in grade 6.. he is a solid guy and can hold his own. Im used to being the only one who can dunk on a team.. but this Com team.. wow.. this kid can throw em down, i can dunk and this other guy is 6'5 and can jump throught the roof.. throwing down windmills and crap tlike that.. something like a 43 inch vert.. way to raw for a big time scholarship though.. has a couple smalls schools.. both these guys moved to canada not to long back aswell..

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
Old 10-13-2007, 10:36 AM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I know this kid is gonan be good, He has played with age group since he was in grade 6.. he is a solid guy and can hold his own. Im used to being the only one who can dunk on a team.. but this Com team.. wow.. this kid can throw em down, i can dunk and this other guy is 6'5 and can jump throught the roof.. throwing down windmills and crap tlike that.. something like a 43 inch vert.. way to raw for a big time scholarship though.. has a couple smalls schools.. both these guys moved to canada not to long back aswell..
thats pretty crazy, when i tryed out for Duke, i felt the same way about every player there
Old 10-13-2007, 10:39 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
it's just after school. the team works out in the school gym and scrimmages alot.

Hoops- I play PF/C. 6'2ish 210
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:44 AM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
it's just after school. the team works out in the school gym and scrimmages alot.

Hoops- I play PF/C. 6'2ish 210
K wow really? whats your starting line-up looking like.. mine kinda fall out liek this

C - 6'7 220 (plays provincial ball)
PF - 6'5 230 (Named ot the same all start as grag oden in a tournament two years ago, also plays provincial ball)
SF - 6'3 200 (Me, Plays provincial ball)
SG - 5'10 176 (Gym Rat but should be way better than he is)
PG - Up for grabs really...

I play everywhere on the court ove rhte course of the game though.. depending on post and gaurd foul troubles.. i usually dont sub off

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
Old 10-13-2007, 10:52 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

well, we've got a very small team right now.(hell i may not make varsity). Our coach has the team going with a 3 happy O. we may start 4 guards as our tallest kid is a frosh and wont start.
C: 6'3: The kid is a total douche. doesnt know the meaning of the word pass. Thinks he's tough but is a total pu$$y. Does have a pretty good game though. plays dirty on the boards and hates me because i play dirty back.
Now, we basically have 3 SG's and a PG
SG 5'11: The kid is fundamentally sound, and has a nasty shot. Gym rat, deadlyy 3 ball
SG(2): 5'10ish: Quick, good handling skills, and money from outside. need to have a hand in his face at all times.
SG:(3):6'1 Went to grade school with him, he's a baller. Quick, smooth motion, pretty good shot. Great driving to the hoop, but very frail, always hurt(big puss)
PG: 5'11: This kid, a junior, may be our best all around player. Great shot and very good dribbling. gets too frustratedthough- 1st cousin of Mike Teel! :D
Quote:
Old 10-13-2007, 11:08 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am joining an adult league this year!!!

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 11:17 AM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
I am joining an adult league this year!!!
Nice ... you gonna join an A type league or go for the rec? Im in A and playing agaisnt guys like 27 years old who played college ball.. i have gotten so much better playing guys like that

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
Old 10-13-2007, 11:30 AM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

Im actually really excited cause we host the top basketball tournament in canada... Bedford road invitational Tournament.. or BRIT. This year we have a basketball training school from tiwan(sorry i cant spell in the mornings) coming and they are gonna be SOOOO good.

http://www.britbasketball.net/

thats last years site... Handsworth secondary Royals one for the third year in a row. There best player was commited to gonazaga since grade 10... Robert Sacre.. kid was a beast

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewpr...2&pr_key=43922

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
Old 10-13-2007, 12:53 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

Im off ot my game ill let you guys know how it goes.. first one of the year so im expecting rust for sure.

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
Old 10-17-2007, 09:00 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

So ya i kinda forgot about this thing.. well we won our first game 89-20... We had this one guy on our team just dunk over this guy and it was freakin awesome.. i had 17 points.. the only part of my game i was happy with was my free throws going into the game.. i ended up going 1-11 form teh line.. so dissapointing.. and i cant blame it all on the sprained finger.

Next game is saturday so pumped for that

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
Old 10-20-2007, 04:13 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

Played WAY better today and i was surprised cause we only had 6 guys so i had to play the entire game. Well we won 87-56 and i was the leading scorer with 28 points.. i aslo had 13 boards and i nice block... good game all around.

Anyone else even started mes league or anything yet? or am i alone on this one?

Sig By Diehardvikingfan