Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 11-22-2006, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like Cutler will be starting soon :D

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9823256

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 07:19 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

i'm sort of ambivalent, but then, i may be overrating the seahawks defense... i guess i'd just have thrown him in at arizona, especially with our beat up backfield and o-line.

whatever, give it time to soak in and i'll be stoked.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speaking of Cutler, how did he look in training camp and in pre-season? I know he looked good in that Lions game but how did he look at other times?
Old 11-22-2006, 07:33 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

absolutely amazing.

he had incredible poise (which really, is what i was mostly looking at, since it's tough to judge other things when he's both playing with and against guys who weren't even going to make their respective teams).

he also has a fantastic arm. if/when he starts, it's unlikely you'll see the 30 yard ducks plummer regularly heaved up for walker to try to come back for.

i'll add more as i think of them.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The numbers speak for themselves

Cutler's preseason stats

40 of 62
561 yrds
comp- 64.5%
4 TD 1 INT
QB rating-108.3

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titans10
Looks like Cutler will be starting soon :D

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9823256
Wow. I guess I saw it coming... but I didnt realy expect it to happen... if u kno wat i mean =/

However... IF, by some weird chance, Plummer plays well and wins the game for us against KC... what will Shanny do then? This is THE make or break game for Plummer...

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 07:53 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

i think mistake is done regardless of how he performs (i'm, of course, assuming he doesn't go out and throw 30/30 for 500 yards and 14 tds). if shanny really did have to dumb down the playbook that much, i can't imagine he'll have the patience to do that all year.

and from what i've heard on the radio, cutler has been thoroughly outplaying jake in practice.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Need some fantasy help in a 20 team league.

Will Brandon Marshall get the same amount of looks he got last week? Is he healthy? Decent shot to get some yards?

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 09:51 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

it's plummer throwing him the ball, so he'll likely catch one out of every three. not a bad play if you've got nothing else.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:07 PM    (permalink
rcpbawler

I must admit, I've been waiting on the move to Cutler for a few weeks now... but I'm not sure now is the time to come out with it.

I'm not sure how Plummer will perform knowing this could quite possibly be his last start as a Denver Bronco. I'm not saying he will go out there and try and lose or anything, but this can't sit right in his mind.

I don't know, maybe it's all a part of Shannahan's master plan.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
it's plummer throwing him the ball, so he'll likely catch one out of every three. not a bad play if you've got nothing else.
It's between him, Michael Clayton or Vincent Jackson.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 11-22-2006, 10:16 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

blech, those are awful options. flip a coin.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:18 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpbawler
I must admit, I've been waiting on the move to Cutler for a few weeks now... but I'm not sure now is the time to come out with it.

I'm not sure how Plummer will perform knowing this could quite possibly be his last start as a Denver Bronco. I'm not saying he will go out there and try and lose or anything, but this can't sit right in his mind.

I don't know, maybe it's all a part of Shannahan's master plan.
seeing how plummer's responded this year to it, it wouldn't surprise me to see him go out and have an absolutely awful game.

on another note, it was interesting hearing him (jake) compared mentally to brian griese. i think the pressure of playing QB here in denver screwed them both up pretty good.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
blech, those are awful options. flip a coin.
It's a 20 team league, and I have a pretty beast team behind them. If only Colston didn't get hurt, I'd be fine.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 11-23-2006, 01:27 AM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93
Quote:
Vincent Jackson. Watched him when he played here at UNColorado and tore it up. V-Jackson also has the QB with the hot hand so I'd choose him... but honestly I wouldn't expect any of your options to give you many if any points consistently.

Old 11-23-2006, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Stats
Veteran

Stats hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I am so freakin' ready for the Cutler era to begin!
Stats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93
Quote:
Go with Jackson.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 11:09 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats
I am so freakin' ready for the Cutler era to begin!
word.

i'm just hoping ALL of the veterans on the team have been watching game film and fully realize that jake was either costing or nearly costing the team games.
Old 11-23-2006, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Wow Looking at our injury list, there are a lot of "questionable" key players such as ... Rod Smith, D-Willl, the Bells, K-Lang, Cooper Carlisle, and Brandan Marshall...

Hope they are feeling better... lol

Also on a side note... WHEW Thankfully I live in the Denver area and can watch the game lol.

Old 11-23-2006, 11:39 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

this team is, if it continues to play this way, out of the playoffs no matter who's behind center. that was just disgusting.
Old 11-23-2006, 11:45 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

i just wanted to reiterate: after that game, no one in the front seven should start next week. john lynch should NEVER play deep with cox at the line again. larry coyer should be banned from calling any defensive plays until the other team is in the red zone. ian gold should only come in on passing downs.

essentially, we should get 4 400 lb linemen to take up space and just let champ play the whole field, as he's the only guy who appears to consistently care about making a play.

i don't even know where to start on the running game and the offensive line.
Old 11-24-2006, 12:23 AM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

You know, as tempting as it is... I cant lay all the blame on Plummer. Our performance has just gone ******. It's pathetic...

Our Special teams again was horrific... our coverage is so pathetic... the starting averages of our opponents in comparison to us is just inexcusably bad. THIS MUST BE FIXED IMMEDIATELY!

Our defense is overrated. It's that simple. As much as it pains me to say it, it's the obvious truth. Indy and SD exposed us... but to allow KC to rush for 220+?? It's horrible.

Our offensive line is looking bad. Our rushing is looking even worse. It really has never been that "great" this whole season.

Our team is looking very shaky. I'm concerned... hopefully bringing in Cutler can reviatlize the team...

Old 11-24-2006, 02:50 PM    (permalink
jmanz
Rookie

jmanz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It's too bad I'm gonna have to hate Cutler since he's with the broncs. At any rate, he'll be a great QB for you guys.
jmanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 02:11 AM    (permalink
ejruiz777

Yes, the Chargers and the Colts lit our defense up. Quick question: does anyone deny that those are the two best offenses in the entire league, headed by the best players at QB, RB, TE and maybe even WR? Yes, the Chiefs ran all over us. By the way, I've heard that Larry Johnson is a pretty good RB and that they've been running the ball quite well in KC for a couple of years now. Yes, we went 0-3 in our last three games against those teams mentioned above, but they're all playoff caliber teams and we lost by an average of just 7 points.

My point is, why is it that every time the Broncos lose a game, all of their fans lose their heads?! Our team is still pretty good. They've had a chance to win against the best teams in the league and I see no reason for that to change.

Do you realize that our "pathetic" running game averages 4.5 ypc (6th best), 132.8 yards per game (7th best) and has scored 9 TDs (7th best)? Oh, and the o-line that gets so much grief has also only allowed 17 sacks (9th least). We run the ball well, we protect the QB (even if it is with our play calling) and we still play good D. I mean, there are only four teams that give up less points per game than the Broncos. Are we flawed? Yes, but who isn't. Can we still compete? Absolutely. Get a grip guys, that's all I'm saying.
Old 11-25-2006, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejruiz777
Yes, the Chargers and the Colts lit our defense up. Quick question: does anyone deny that those are the two best offenses in the entire league, headed by the best players at QB, RB, TE and maybe even WR? Yes, the Chiefs ran all over us. By the way, I've heard that Larry Johnson is a pretty good RB and that they've been running the ball quite well in KC for a couple of years now. Yes, we went 0-3 in our last three games against those teams mentioned above, but they're all playoff caliber teams and we lost by an average of just 7 points.

My point is, why is it that every time the Broncos lose a game, all of their fans lose their heads?! Our team is still pretty good. They've had a chance to win against the best teams in the league and I see no reason for that to change.

Do you realize that our "pathetic" running game averages 4.5 ypc (6th best), 132.8 yards per game (7th best) and has scored 9 TDs (7th best)? Oh, and the o-line that gets so much grief has also only allowed 17 sacks (9th least). We run the ball well, we protect the QB (even if it is with our play calling) and we still play good D. I mean, there are only four teams that give up less points per game than the Broncos. Are we flawed? Yes, but who isn't. Can we still compete? Absolutely. Get a grip guys, that's all I'm saying.
Are you kidding me? All those great stats were padded by playing pathetic teams. Are we still a playoff team? Sure... but tha'ts not good enough for me. We made it to the AFCC last season with a home field advantage... we had a vaunted defense at the beginning of the season... if you can't tell that the Broncos are slowly collapsing then maybe we're not watching the same games...

1. Loss to St. Louis: W/E, I didn't even watch this game so I can't really give much analysis here... but the Rams aren't a very good team and we let them beat us by scoring only field goals.

2. Indy: This is THEe team that our defense was supposed to beat. Bringing in the Browns DLine? Drafting DWill and Foxworth? Bringing back Ian Gold? Our whole defense was composed as a direct result of our embarass9ing losses to the Colts. While we stayed competitive, I would've been MUCH happier if we would've lost in a defensive game. Instead, while our offense scored on their piss poor defense, Manning shredded our highly touted defense as if it were nothing. At that point we held opponents to the least amt of ppg... but the Colts game clearly indicated that our defense was overrated and it was only so good b/c we played teams like the Browns, Raiders, Ravens, etc.

3. San Diego: Where to start... in the RECENT PAST... LT averaged about 60 yards per game against us at Invesco Field. San Diego hardly ever wins in Denver. Despite our loss to Indy, I gave our defense another chance to stop the Chargers... after a 17 point lead in the middle of the third, we let them blow us out 28-3 in 1 1/2 quarters? Are you kidding me?

4. KC: LJ is good, and so is there running game. Plus this was a rivalry game. I had us pinned down for a loss anyways, but to allow them to rush for 225+yds and us like... wat 30 yards rushing? That's pathetic. I'm surprised it was only a 19-10 loss really.

So basdically...

Our defense can stop offenses that aren't worth a damn but seem to completely blow it against playoff caliber teams? That's not good =/

Our offense may have good rushing statistics but if you watch the games you should know that it's just not hte same as it used to be. We can't move the chains anymore and are always plagued by third and longs.

I still think we will make the playoffs. But our chances aren't good to win any games. Honestly, we have shown that while we can compete, we ALWAYS come up short. That's just not enough in the playoffs.