Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-22-2006, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Happy Turkey Day everyone!

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 08:19 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet3334
Happy Turkey Day everyone!
You, too.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 01:44 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

I'm not really expecting this game to be too easy but I do think we'll win by at least 14 as the Bucs do have a lot of injuries to key players. I'm gonna predict 24-7. Survey says one more for the good guys! :D

EDIT: It is kind of unseasonably warm here in Dallas, the weather is absolutely perfect. Vanderclank will have absolutely no excuse to miss FGs.
Old 11-23-2006, 02:51 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Here's a great story on Bradie James. He's a great guy and he deserves all the success he's had as he has had kind of a rough life losing both his parents at a relatively young age.

http://www.cowboysplus.com/topstoryn...e.27e6175.html
Old 11-23-2006, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl85
Here's a great story on Bradie James. He's a great guy and he deserves all the success he's had as he has had kind of a rough life losing both his parents at a relatively young age.

http://www.cowboysplus.com/topstoryn...e.27e6175.html
I just finished reading it. Very touching. Says a lot about his perseverance and dedication. I think Bradie has a big game today.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Old 11-23-2006, 03:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TOUCHDOWN GOOD GUYS!!! :D

Happy Thanksgiving!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 04:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WHO SAYS ROY WILLIAMS CAN'T COVER?!!!
Old 11-23-2006, 04:04 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

Man the D was terrible on the first drive. Good TD to Terry Glenn, Big time INT by Roy. Let's go score another TD and quit messin around.
Old 11-23-2006, 04:15 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

Touchdown Terry Glenn!!! His nickname is now officially "Touchdown" Terry Glenn! :D
Old 11-23-2006, 04:28 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

Damn we gotta put Newman on Galloway Henry doesn't have the speed to really cover him deep although Henry just made a great TD saving deflection.
Old 11-23-2006, 04:50 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

Touchdown MB3!!! That's 10 TDs for him.

21 10 at half

Where is everybody, eating Turkey?
Old 11-23-2006, 04:54 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

CTCowboysFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Alright boys!!!! D has got to do a little better, and we should mostly run in the second half other than that we should be able to win this one.
CTCowboysFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 05:45 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

In case you didn't notice Romo has thrown 5 TDs. :D

We might should put in Bledsoe here soon just in case anything happened to Romo.
Old 11-23-2006, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

What a game!!!!! I can barely type given all the turkey I've eaten. What a fantastic day!

Albert Camus
Old 11-23-2006, 06:39 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Romo > God and jesus and (P)manning..put together :D
Old 11-23-2006, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Romo to the Pro-Bowl! 5 TDs? Are you kidding me! What a game!

BoneKrusher
Old 11-23-2006, 09:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I think he is a legit Pro Bowl candidate. My gut says he'll get in.
Old 11-23-2006, 11:15 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stabauch you still think Rivera isn't a liability on our OL...every run that got stuffed in the backfield came from his side. Not only that runs that did break were commonly done from dodging rivera's back and allowing the RB to move up behind the defender that blew up Rivera.

Flo played good but going against a second stringer he better.

On another note...we only have 2 positions to land on the OL...LT (future) and RG. We signed a nice little project...should give procter some competition...still would like to see us address the position in the first round. If we can't land a stud LT or Blalock...I would like to see us land Ginn.

Thule's Top Eight Prospects
1. Justin Blalock (RG starter from day 1)
2. Tedd Ginn (We have no speed outside of Glenn...our offense falls without him)
3. Jake Long (Typical smart white OL for parcells. Not to mention a Stud)
4. Sam Baker (A great prospect in his own...but a long ways behind the top 3 imo)
5. Reggie Nelson (Watkins is serviceable...but good option if top 4 are gone.
6. Tank Tyler (We have nothing behind ferg...if he went down so does our d...this kid is a great fit)
7. Levi Brown (Looks like he could be a very good RG too me)
8a. Hughes/Cason/Ross (Not really a first round pick...but probabally next on my list since I don't like any OG outside of Blalock and Brown)
8b. Higgins/Williams/Smith (nice quick small recievers to have a place on our team.

Personally I could see our mock going a couple of ways.
If we are in the top 25 we should have a great chance to land someone in my top 4.

If we make it deep into the playoffs I really don't like any prospect outside of Tyler. He really the only guy who holds good value in the first round. A trade down/up would be likely. I could see something very similar to Pittsburg last year. Move up for Ginn if he's there in the early 20's....give up a piddly 4th rounder.

Another thing I was thinking about today when watching the game...does anyone else think we try to offer JJ again this year. I could definately see us shipping him if we fall inlove with a prospect and our guys are off the board.

As for Free Agency...this is where I'm confused. We don't need to address FA at some positions. QB/RB/WR/TE/C/OT are not gonna be touched more than likely. On defense maybe a Pressure DT...but I truely believe parcells will love Tank. FS is the only other need that could be touched in FA.

So I guess I can see us trying to land a good OG in his mid 20's and then we will pick up Josh Brown. Unless Vandy changes his ways. We have plenty of cap room to sign a top OG and Brown. We would likely eat some of Vandy's contract but should gain some of it back from the cut.

We would still have money to extend Romo/Gurode and our draft picks. At the end of this we would probablly be sitting around 5-8mil...post draft...which seems to be where we like to sit going into the season.

If we can do that in FA...our draft should be fairily easy to predict.

Try to land Tank or top LT prospect or move up for Ginn.
Then a guy like Higgins or Williams in the 2nd round.

There really isn't anyone outside of Tank that interests me as a NT...thats why I think Parcells will want to address it soon. Hopefully Tank doesn't test too well so we have a chance at him.

With the smaller WR's sitting at second round projections right now...should leave us with some good options later in the draft.

Since our 3rd round pick will go to Brown I won't go any further then this since its a crap shoot anyways

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 02:13 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule
Since our 3rd round pick will go to Brown I won't go any further then this since its a crap shoot anyways
I think you fell in love with Brown :D
I don't know..this year he has missed 4 FG, 2 of them inside the 40.. If we have to give a 3rd round pick for a kicker i prefer to pick Mason Crosby, not Josh Brown..

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 02:38 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I enjoyed that read thule.

Some of my offseason thoughts...

D-Unit's Free Agency Radar:

FS Ken Hamlin - Show him the money!

OG Vince Manuwai - Most likely will sign an extension with the Jags, but hey... this is all dream talk anyways, right?

K Josh Brown - I simply love the guy. Vandy will cost us a very big game this season... you'll see.

QB Chris Simms - Wouldn't that be something... Parcells reunited with Phil's son.

FB Najeh Davenport or Nick Goings - Davenport is a difference maker with great hands out of the backfield. Goings is a bowling ball. Both can play FB too.

WR Patrick Crayton - He's restricted. Would be nice to retain him for cheap.

OT Jordan Black - This guy really, really intrigues me. He's been a RT, but is playing LT in place of the departed Willie Roaf.

OG Porkchop Womack - Will probably go to the place where he can get the most money. Could fill in for Rivera, easily.

OG Ryan Lilja - It would be nice to get anyone from the Colts OL.

OG Derrick Dockery - He's been solid for the Deadskins... Will he want to return to Texas?

NT Terdell Sands - 6'8", 335 pound, 4 year vet from a small school. Wouldn't hurt to give him an offer.

D-Unit's Top 8 Draft Prospects for the Cowboys:
1. Jake Long - Probably will be long gone btt we pick.
2. Justin Blalock - Everything we need.
3. Troy Smith - FA Market is very bare, Romo's contract will be up before we know it and we can't afford to spend 8M a year on him...We need leverage.
4a. Brandon Mebane - Amazingly productive despite constantly double & triple teamed - can easily add more weight to his frame.
4b. DeMarcus Tyler - The last DeMarcus we drafted worked out. ;)
6. Jeff Samardzija - Simply makes plays.
7. Josh Beekman - Good option if Blalock is gone.
8. Daymeion Hughes - This guy is a helluva gem, but CB isn't really a first round need. Very underrated.
Old 11-24-2006, 08:14 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

K Josh Brown - I simply love the guy. Vandy will cost us a very big game this season... you'll see.

i agree and i hope its not in the playoffs :evil: :evil:
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 08:20 AM    (permalink
HookEm

Would any of you want someone like a Laron Landry next to Roy? I mean sure they would probally go deep on us but hey Davis gets burned alot might as well have 2 hitters back there. I love this Landry kid, he is a great player. I can see why many of you would disagree since it would basically be 2 roy williams out there but I think it would strike fear into WRs.
Old 11-24-2006, 09:15 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
Would any of you want someone like a Laron Landry next to Roy? I mean sure they would probally go deep on us but hey Davis gets burned alot might as well have 2 hitters back there. I love this Landry kid, he is a great player. I can see why many of you would disagree since it would basically be 2 roy williams out there but I think it would strike fear into WRs.
I would love it, but he'll probably be gone by the time we draft.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 09:21 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Thule, I'm just about ready to admit I was wrong. Every game, he gets worse and worse. I want Blalock. So here's what I want:

1.Blalock
2.Steve Smith
3.Okoye or DeMarcus Tyler
4.Jonathan Wade
5.QB
6.BPA
7.BPA

BoneKrusher
Old 11-24-2006, 09:22 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
I would love it, but he'll probably be gone by the time we draft.
If he's there and we don't pick him I will castrate myself with a pocket knife. That being said, he most likely won't be there.

BoneKrusher