Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-22-2007, 10:27 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Robert, were not stupid. Everybody knows who and what you are.you can quit the act. Quoting yourself as a "different poster" to serve your needs is just childish. I'm sure your just covering your tracks so you dont get banned AGAIN, but as Thule pointed out there is a time line between you and Big Rob. I'm quite sure you know what the Eagles reference is.

LOL anyone here who has posted here recent in the past few months, and seen a few months of post from Rob, can tell 'cowboysforever' is him, the post read the same, same point of views...i dont have a problem with him posting, but i can just tell its him posing, im paying no attention to him saying something about an old account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:38 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Why are you harping so much on this is BP's scheme and players and it doesnt fit now, its not as if were going from a 3-4 to a 4-3 and we had no personel for the 4-3 or the coaching, and its not like were the steelers who brought in a coach who is well known with the 4-3 so we have to learn both or take bumps with out coach, we ran 2 different styles of the 3-4 from this year to last, maybe we dont have the exact type of players Wade needs, but were close enough and its nowhere near an excuse or worth mentioning...

Every time you change coaches you dont need to dwell on who can come in and make us play best the next year with who we have, you want long term, and how about give it 2 years before saying we dont have the right type of players, we have players familiar with the 3-4 itself, and its not nearly worth throwing out like they are learning an entire new defense or positions
Opinions aside for a second .... while the Steelers did get MT, they did keep LeBeau as well as the entire "Chin" system. Jerry did not keep the BP system. There are substantive changes in scheme and coaching ideas.

Either way, I just made mention that if "poking holes" in our D you need to blame either Coaches, Players or GM. This is more an academic point but an important one as we evaluate our progress as a team and what needs to get better. That is, assuming we are on this blog to discuss our ideas on why we love this team and share our ideas. Also assuming, none of us get paid for being GMs or Coaches.

WIth respect to 2-Gap and 1 Gap -- a world of difference. To say "but were close enough and its nowhere near an excuse or worth mentioning" is contradictory given the fact Bradie James was just making the point today in an interview. Bradie's point the fact they are a "B" Defense b/c of what they have to learn and improve.

Also given the discussions of what player should start and which should sit is very much central to today and to tomorrow. To say as you did we need to wait "2 years before saying we dont have the right type of players" is a very long time for an assesment. I personally do not feel that saying Bobby Carpenter is in the wrong system for him is incorrect. I also do no feel that saying Bobby Carpenter would be better in New England or Cleveland is controversial either.

My opinions at least.

Last edited by cowboysforever : 10-22-2007 at 10:44 PM.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 02:34 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really think the pass rush has improved. Maybe some of us are looking at the number of sacks SD had last year and thinking "oh my god, we should have the same amount of sacks!". The reality is that San Diego got like 1/4 of his sacks against Oakland, a team we don't face at all and they face twice a year (isn't that true, Shawn Merriman?).
I think our pass rush is good. Not amazing but good. Last year we couldn't put any kind of pressure when Ellis went down! The perfect example is the game against the Eagles, Garcia had, every time he dropped back to pass, like 5 seconds to throw. Are we seeing that this year? I don't think so.
We sacked Brady 3 times (the same amount he was sacked the entire season), and then New England went to a three step drop passing game to avoid the pressure.
And looking at the Vikings' game, we sacked Jackson only three times, but he was hurried 11, and hit 7 (these stats were shown during the game). And that's a pretty good result, if you consider that he dropped back to pass very few times. Ware and Ratliff should've had a sack and probably safety, but Jackson commited an intentional grounding, and Ware had two other "sacks" when he had the QB in his arms and just wasn't able to put him down.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 08:54 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
I really think the pass rush has improved. Maybe some of us are looking at the number of sacks SD had last year and thinking "oh my god, we should have the same amount of sacks!". The reality is that San Diego got like 1/4 of his sacks against Oakland, a team we don't face at all and they face twice a year (isn't that true, Shawn Merriman?).
I think our pass rush is good. Not amazing but good. Last year we couldn't put any kind of pressure when Ellis went down! The perfect example is the game against the Eagles, Garcia had, every time he dropped back to pass, like 5 seconds to throw. Are we seeing that this year? I don't think so.
We sacked Brady 3 times (the same amount he was sacked the entire season), and then New England went to a three step drop passing game to avoid the pressure.
And looking at the Vikings' game, we sacked Jackson only three times, but he was hurried 11, and hit 7 (these stats were shown during the game). And that's a pretty good result, if you consider that he dropped back to pass very few times. Ware and Ratliff should've had a sack and probably safety, but Jackson commited an intentional grounding, and Ware had two other "sacks" when he had the QB in his arms and just wasn't able to put him down.

Great point, I think we see even more vs Philly out of the bye week, they are already having troubles blocking, Mcnabb cant move out the pocket and never has time anymore, I can see us teeing off on them alot during that game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote