Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-24-2006, 09:59 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ha Wisky lost.

Still my pick to win the Big 10 though. Man we just barely beat a good Miami(OH) team tonight by 2. Ouch. Missing two of our top guys is really starting to show now.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 10:10 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maryland won. :D

It was against High Point...but still :D
Old 11-25-2006, 08:49 AM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

Butler better be in the top 10 of the next AP poll.

They are 6-0 with wins on the road against Indiana, Notre Dame, Tulane (destroyed by 40), and neutral court wins over Tennessee and Gonzaga.

No one in the country has a better resume than the Butler Bulldogs right now....AP better show them some love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS
eazyb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 11:48 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyb81

They are 6-0 with wins on the road against Indiana, Notre Dame, Tulane (destroyed by 40), and neutral court wins over Tennessee and Gonzaga.

No one in the country has a better resume than the Butler Bulldogs right now....AP better show them some love.
Aren't they unranked right now? that's an impressive schedule but I doubt they'd go from unranked to top ten.
Old 11-25-2006, 12:08 PM    (permalink

Quote:

They played Notre Dame and IU both on neutral courts. They wouldn't have beaten us at the Hall.
Old 11-25-2006, 12:13 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Quote:

They played Notre Dame and IU both on neutral courts. They wouldn't have beaten us at the Hall.
Excuses Excuses.
Old 11-25-2006, 12:24 PM    (permalink
JagsFanWL
Veteran

JagsFanWL hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What happenede to Tennessee's Major Wingate? Is he injured or did he get dismissed from the team, because I didn't see him all tournament...
Old 11-25-2006, 12:27 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang
Quote:
Quote:

Excuses Excuses.
How is that an excuse? I'm just saying that Assembly Hall is a tough place to play and if the game had been played there, it would have been the difference to swing it our way IMO.
Old 11-25-2006, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Harvey Birdman

Georgetown is going to run it all the way to the title.
Old 11-25-2006, 02:16 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Excuses Excuses.
How is that an excuse? I'm just saying that Assembly Hall is a tough place to play and if the game had been played there, it would have been the difference to swing it our way IMO.
And your point is? They're a better team then you are. If they played at their place they would have won. So that gives them the edge 2-1 (2 wins on neutral and one loss at the AH).

Your team is just down right bad cards, and that's the polite way to put it.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 11-25-2006, 02:18 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Excuses Excuses.
And your point is? They're a better team then you are. If they played at their place they would have won. So that gives them the edge 2-1 (2 wins on neutral and one loss at the AH).

Your team is just down right bad cards, and that's the polite way to put it.
The original poster had said they had won on the road, and I had just corrected him.
Old 11-25-2006, 05:51 PM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Quote:

LOL, sure they wouldn't have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS
eazyb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 06:00 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Cal's gonna win it all this year just so you know.
Old 11-25-2006, 06:54 PM    (permalink
sik wit it
Rookie

sik wit it smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDRaymond
was it just me or did Marquette look like a top 10 team when they beat duke. There guard play is amazing and they looked legit. i find it amazing they are picked 4th in the big east, do you guys think they are that good
The Big East is a very strong conferece, probably the best. Uconn Marquette, Pitt, and Georgetown will be fighting for the Title.

This College basketball season will be great for me. I'm a torn for the UW/MU game.
Wisconsin will win that game but it'll be close. Bo will have Tucker's head on straight so who on marquette will guard him. Kam will hopefully balance out james and I think the badger's twin towers will be gettin it going.
Old 11-25-2006, 07:03 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
was it just me or did Marquette look like a top 10 team when they beat duke. There guard play is amazing and they looked legit. i find it amazing they are picked 4th in the big east, do you guys think they are that good
The Big East is a very strong conferece, probably the best. Uconn Marquette, Pitt, and Georgetown will be fighting for the Title.

I believe syracuse will be fighting for the title as well, for their third straight year..
Old 11-25-2006, 08:25 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'cuse-213
Quote:
Quote:

I believe syracuse will be fighting for the title as well, for their third straight year..
They are alittle more of a long shot but they have a chance still. It seems like every year they do.

And UW won today agaisnt Auburn :)
Old 11-25-2006, 08:27 PM    (permalink
JagsFanWL
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'cuse-213
Quote:
Quote:

They are alittle more of a long shot but they have a chance still. It seems like every year they do.

And UW won today agaisnt Auburn :)
It will be Pitt, Georgetown and Marquette fighting for the title...UConn and Syracuse both lack consistency at PG and are a little young, they'll likely be a tad over .500 in Big East play...
Old 11-25-2006, 08:32 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

That's kind of what I'm thinking but I don't really want to throw those two out too early.
Old 11-25-2006, 10:34 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Illini are 7-0 baby! 8)

UF vs KU is going to be a good game tonight. Go Gators!!

Quote:
Old 11-25-2006, 11:17 PM    (permalink
JagsFanWL
Veteran

Quote:
That's kind of what I'm thinking but I don't really want to throw those two out too early.
Are you referring to UConn and Syracuse? You're right if you are, I should have mentioned that. It all depends on how well they mesh together, I watched UConn play Mississippi and A.J. Price played amazing, if he can be consistent like that all year, UConn can challenge...I haven't seen Syracuse play yet, but i read about them in a magazine and they seem to have a similar situation to UConn.
Old 11-25-2006, 11:36 PM    (permalink
FlutiesDropKick
Pro Bowler

FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

just random comments on COllege basketball.

1. I watched Virginia Tech vs. Western Michigan the other day and it made me hate basketball, wnd of story
2. First long term bet of the season made today theat Kansas beats Texas A&M to win Big 12 but A&M makes it further in NCAA's

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)
FlutiesDropKick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

This win by kansas over florida if they hold on will be a negative recruiting wise on illinois

EDIT: overtime :shock:
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 12:28 AM    (permalink
JagsFanWL
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno
This win by kansas over florida if they hold on will be a negative recruiting wise on illinois

EDIT: overtime :shock:
Kansas won...survived an open 3 by Corey Brewer as time expired...great game
Old 11-26-2006, 12:33 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And now it's clear that there won't be any dominant teams this year, if it wasn't already.

Well, unless Oden starts playing and, you know, lives up to the hype.
Old 11-26-2006, 07:03 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

LOL, sure they wouldn't have.
They won by 5 in a game in which we had the lead for almost game. It's not like they dominated us. HCA makes a difference in close games. I don't know why I'm arguing this with you since it is irrelevant.