Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-24-2006, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Merch
Rookie

Merch hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Schubert
Amir Khan is awesome. I love watching him fight and think he will be awesome. I just hope he comes to America and fight legit guys....

Also, regarding Calzaghe. What the hell is he doing not fighting Kessler. That is the fight boxing needs, not Manfredo. :evil:
Yeh Khan is awesome but at times he has got cocky and let things slip a little, luckily he's only fighting journeymen atm otherwise better fighters would have punished him.

Calzaghe I think just cares about keeping his unbeaten record at this stage in his career, also he has Frank Warren as his Manager. Manfredo is the one off Contender isn't he?

Thanks to FoosballIsTheDevil for the sig
Merch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch
Quote:
Amir Khan is awesome. I love watching him fight and think he will be awesome. I just hope he comes to America and fight legit guys....

Also, regarding Calzaghe. What the hell is he doing not fighting Kessler. That is the fight boxing needs, not Manfredo. :evil:
Yeh Khan is awesome but at times he has got cocky and let things slip a little, luckily he's only fighting journeymen atm otherwise better fighters would have punished him.

Calzaghe I think just cares about keeping his unbeaten record at this stage in his career, also he has Frank Warren as his Manager. Manfredo is the one off Contender isn't he?
Indeed. Kinda pathetic instead of Kessler he is fighting "the guy from the contender. From what I have seen of Kessler, I think he would beat Joe.
Old 11-24-2006, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Merch
Rookie

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Indeed. Kinda pathetic instead of Kessler he is fighting "the guy from the contender. From what I have seen of Kessler, I think he would beat Joe.
Which is precisely the reason why Frank Warren will avoid scheduling a matchup between them. Its Warren's style, and is the reason why Hatton left Warren.

Old 11-24-2006, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Which is precisely the reason why Frank Warren will avoid scheduling a matchup between them. Its Warren's style, and is the reason why Hatton left Warren.
Warren sounds like a jackass. Cant really blam Joe tho, he is cleaning up money wise and not taking dangerous fights. I applaud Hatton for leaving him tho. Is Khan signed with Warren?
Old 11-24-2006, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Merch
Rookie

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Warren sounds like a jackass. Cant really blam Joe tho, he is cleaning up money wise and not taking dangerous fights. I applaud Hatton for leaving him tho. Is Khan signed with Warren?
Yes he is, so expect to see Khan protected alot. I think he will get to see some of the bigger fights like Hatton wanted though because he is definitely a more excitiing prospect. He will be the most exciting fighter Britain has had since Prince Naseem Hamed was in his prime. Except he will be better.

Old 11-25-2006, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Well, Marquez is fighting tonight. It is kind of a BS opponent, but I think Marquez is very underrated and could easily be a top 10 p4p if managed better so I will check it out.