Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-30-2007, 02:30 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stat Projections:
Favre: 414-626 4677YDS 25TD 14INT
Wynn: 114-464 9TD
Grant: 64-299 0TD
Jackson: 87-222 2TD
Morency: 37-146 0TD
Driver: 89-1006 5TD
Jones: 59-914 2TD
Jennings: 46-843 9TD
Lee: 57-695 2TD
Bubba: 32-206 5TD
Ruvell(But Robinson should take over soon): 14-223 0TD

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 03:58 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why was that thread locked?

Old 10-30-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My ******* god. I'm so sick of watching "experts" predict the Giants "teeing off on the Brett with no running game in the playoffs." Umm... yeah, six straight, that's nice. Who beat them last? What? The Packers? There's still an arguement over this?

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 04:10 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
My ******* god. I'm so sick of watching "experts" predict the Giants "teeing off on the Brett with no running game in the playoffs." Umm... yeah, six straight, that's nice. Who beat them last? What? The Packers? There's still an arguement over this?
Are you watching Around the Horn? Blackistone is a ******* moron. "The Cowboys and Giants have a better defense", "Brett Favre's arm will be tired at the end of the year". There was more that was just as bad.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:42 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default DeShawn Wynn on IR, Robinson activated

The Green Bay Packers have activated wide receiver Koren Robinson and placed running back DeShawn Wynn on injured reserve. Ted Thompson, Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations, made the announcement Tuesday.

Robinson, a seventh-year pro from North Carolina State, was officially reinstated by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on Oct. 18 and has been practicing under a league roster exemption since Oct. 22. The 6-foot-1, 205-pound player saw action in four games with the Packers last season as a kick returner and reserve receiver. Robinson will wear No. 81.

Wynn, a 5-foot-10, 232-pound rookie from Florida, started four games at running back for the Packers this season and saw action in all seven games. He rushed for 203 yards and four touchdowns on 50 carries.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Are you watching Around the Horn? Blackistone is a ******* moron. "The Cowboys and Giants have a better defense", "Brett Favre's arm will be tired at the end of the year". There was more that was just as bad.
It's so BS watching some of the **** they come up with. First, Brett was too old, lack of weapons, etc. Then we didn't have a running game (I'm not saying we have one now, but it is all we need at this point) and now, we'll struggle in December - because Brett will get "tired" - where if I remember correctly, we dominate.

Hitman D

Old 10-30-2007, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Bomb Absent From Favre's Arsenal

1 Week Later...

Long Distance Connections Crystal Clear

Funny how that works.

Hitman D

Old 10-30-2007, 05:10 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God for MVP!

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...vre/index.html

Quote:
Stupid me, I should have stayed downstairs, with the TV on. Now there's no way I could sleep for at least 15 or 20 minutes. My heart was beating a mile a minute, like I was there.
Peter King's thoughts on Favre's throw last night. Granted it was amazing and all that, has Peter finally taken his mancrush a little far? lol

Oh and Boston, I've always wondered this, is there a reason why the a's are missing in your sig in his name? Or do they just not have that "a" key in Canada(I mean Cnd) since Packmann made it....
Old 10-30-2007, 05:13 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...vre/index.html

Peter King's thoughts on Favre's throw last night. Granted it was amazing and all that, has Peter finally taken his mancrush a little far? lol

Oh and Boston, I've always wondered this, is there a reason why the a's are missing in your sig in his name? Or do they just not have that "a" key in Canada(I mean Cnd) since Packmann made it....
I see an a...
Old 10-30-2007, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I see an a...
Haha oops, I see the second one. And a little bit of the first one. Stupid me.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:39 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Someone find me his e-mail

Old 10-30-2007, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d803be053

This is one of the many reasons I love Favre.

Hitman D

Old 10-30-2007, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Well, at least the Packers running back situation is sorted out now.

1. Ryan Grant
2. Vernand Morency
3. Brandon Jackson
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 10:26 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

James Jones is gonna get Rookie of the week

Old 10-30-2007, 10:56 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Yeah, I about lost it when Blackistone was talking up the Giants. Sure they have played alot better but please. I'll take brett over eli and our defense over theres. They might have a better front 7 (by a hair) but our secondary is better. Please Kevin, FAVRE'S ARM WILL TIRE OUT IN DECEMBER, what a d-bag.

As for Wynn, this means Brandon needs to step-up and prove he was worth a second round pick. Brandon really struggled early in the season, but so did everyone else at the RB position, i would like to see him and grant split carries in KC. Also, what about playing Rouse for a week instead of Bigby?

I also have a draft question, what does everyone think of the TE out of USC? (forgot his name) he might go higher then were the packers pick but i wouldn't mind adding an solid TE. Although Donald Lee has had a very good year. I still think that a CB in the first day is a must. it's too bad that there are no solid S prospects, cause we could use one too.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 10:15 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Fred Davis is the guy
Also our front seven beats theres. They might have the best DE duo, but we've got a top 5 DE, a great pass rusher and tremndous depth

Old 10-31-2007, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

All the Giants have on defense is a nasty pass rush and some really nice blitzes. And defensively we win just about every matchup player vs player every single week. Plus we already beat them by 22. If we played again it would be closer. But I think we'd win 6 or 7 times outta 10 in New York.
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 02:39 PM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran

lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Well, at least the Packers running back situation is sorted out now.

1. Ryan Grant
2. Vernand Morency
3. Brandon Jackson
2 questions.

1. Grant and fumbles. Any history? He had the one at MN. Anyone know how he did in college and at Giants training camp?

2. Is he just better suited for this blocking scheme than the others? I know the Broncos suck at run D but every time I've seen him run, it has been a good powerful run.

He claimed 4.4 speed at training camp in NY after being a slow 4.6 in his workout.
lod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 08:06 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Some random food for thought:

ESPN's Braintrust Picks for the Pack

Hoge; 4-3
Wickersham; 3-4
Schlereth; 3-4
Allen; 3-4
Accuscore; 3-4
Jaworski; 2-4 (doesn't pick MNF game)
Salisbury; 2-5
Golic; 1-6
Chad Mortenson; 1-6

TOTAL: 22-40 (.367)

Lesson: flipping a coin gives you a much better prediction of a winner in a Packers game than does listening to ESPN's "braintrust."
Old 10-31-2007, 09:27 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804 View Post
Some random food for thought:

ESPN's Braintrust Picks for the Pack

Hoge; 4-3
Wickersham; 3-4
Schlereth; 3-4
Allen; 3-4
Accuscore; 3-4
Jaworski; 2-4 (doesn't pick MNF game)
Salisbury; 2-5
Golic; 1-6
Chad Mortenson; 1-6

TOTAL: 22-40 (.367)

Lesson: flipping a coin gives you a much better prediction of a winner in a Packers game than does listening to ESPN's "braintrust."
I'm interested to see who thought Denver would win. I mean i know the packers couldn't run the ball up until that game but come on, the packers were coming off of a bye, everything fell in place for them to win. Picking games in general is a crap shoot. 4 out of 5 of the writers on Packersnews.com picked the Broncos to win, so again, picking games is mostly just a coin-flip

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 10:22 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Mile High ratings

The Packers at Denver Broncos "Monday Night Football" game was the highest-rated game for ESPN this season.
An estimated 10.1 million households and 14 million viewers saw all or part of the overtime game, which did not have to go up against a Game 5 in the World Series.
The Packers-Broncos game delivered the second most viewers for any show on cable television this year, behind only "High School Musical 2" on the Disney Channel. Packers-Broncos had a higher rating than the Dallas Cowboys at Buffalo Bills game Oct. 8, which had been the highest-rated Monday game of the season.
piss, piss out my ass
Old 10-31-2007, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
piss, piss out my ass
woot 14 million people got to see how holy lord favre really is

Hawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 11:23 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
woot 14 million people got to see how holy lord favre really is
14 mil got to see the risen Christ

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 12:49 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just a thought here, what if we pick up Adibi in the 2nd or 3rd round he plays SAM LB and could give Poppinga a run for his money as a stud LB to give us one of the best LB cores if not the best in the NFL... Again just a thought... Plus for some reason im just not a Poppinga fan. I really like the Idea of Justin King first round and a HB 2-3