Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 10-29-2007, 11:30 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

KC's D should be a good test for our backs. If they can get the ball rolling we can use the playaction and go deep against their fairly weak secondary.

Driver probably wont see any glory days until December where i think he'll shine best. HE just isnt the deep threat those 2 are, but he has hands specially designed for december football. Right now this is Jennings/Jones show, but DD should remain consistant.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 11:40 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
KC's D should be a good test for our backs. If they can get the ball rolling we can use the playaction and go deep against their fairly weak secondary.

Driver probably wont see any glory days until December where i think he'll shine best. HE just isnt the deep threat those 2 are, but he has hands specially designed for december football. Right now this is Jennings/Jones show, but DD should remain consistant.
KC run defense isn't that good. Pretty much everyone we played before Denver had a better one. I'm really not too worried about that game. We should be able to pass all over them. On defense if we stop LJ we're in great shape. They don't really have anyone at WR and Huard's their QB. Bowe has been playing well, but Al and Woodson should keep him and whoever else they have in check. Tony Gonzalez is what would hurt us most as we can't cover TEs for ****. Maybe put Woodson on him.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:42 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.

Its starting to look more and more certain that the pack will make the playoffs. Any thoughts on how far the pack will go? It seems pretty clear that dallas and probably the giants are curently the other 2 top teams in the nfc, im not really sure what to make of detroit.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 04:47 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Something tells me this game was a Brett Favre love fest on ESPN, and I would have loved every second of the constant Favre worship.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 07:27 AM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Grant ran really well. He hits the hole hard. Hopefully he can keep it going against a better defense.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 08:05 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Something tells me this game was a Brett Favre love fest on ESPN, and I would have loved every second of the constant Favre worship.
There was plenty of Brett Favre ass worshipping going on. I love seeing most analysts have to do a 180 after all the stupid talk of favre beeing done and washed up, should have retired, etc. As I never thought any of it except maybe the questions about his deep ball acuracy.
Its a shame Tom Brady is statistically having the best quarterbacking year in the history of the nfl, because if not for that at this point Favre would have to seriously be concidered for a 4th mvp. Although I have to wonder how Favre and brady would match up this year if Moss were either playing for greenbay or neither team.

Last edited by Football Fan : 10-30-2007 at 08:37 AM.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 12:27 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I think we match up great against Detroit. They're a decent team, but I don't think they are much of a threat to us. Really look at the rest of our schedule and it's not that tough at all.

KC
Min
Car
Det
Dal
Oak
STL
Chi
Det

Just looking at it I don't think it's outrageous to say we'll win 7 out of 9. Not that we will, but it's definitely possible.
I disagree. This schedule might not seem that hard but the DET/DAL games are key and Carolina comes to GB on 11/18 then the pack have to go to DET on the 22nd, 4 days later, then back down to Dallas on the 29th.

I just think that the 4 road games in 5 weeks may catch up to them and sandwiched in there is an up and coming Oakland team who may have Russell starting by that time. STL is bad but Brett hasn't played well there and then comes the Bears.

However, with that said, the Pack seem to play better on the road but I'm still a bit uneasy about having the 3 games in 11 days and the 4 road games in 5 weeks.

As far as the game, the goaline play calling was shaky but DD had no chance on the rocketball that Brett threw him. Yeah, and i second whoever said that the tackling on the last Denver drive was awful. Marshall is a solid WR but please wrap him up, the play were he danced 10 yards behind the line was insane, Kampman had a shot at him 2 or 3 times.

Although we won this game, the pack looks awful at times. Flags really killed the o-line and secondary, these are the most pressing things that need to be addressed. I really enjoyed watching Brett tonight, as long as he is year, this team finds someway, somehow to win.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock07 View Post
I'm still a bit uneasy about having the 3 games in 11 days and the 4 road games in 5 weeks.
I didn't even realize that.. 3 games in 11 days? Wtf? Were they trying to make us lose when they make the schedule because that is roooough.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 01:33 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock07 View Post
I disagree. This schedule might not seem that hard but the DET/DAL games are key and Carolina comes to GB on 11/18 then the pack have to go to DET on the 22nd, 4 days later, then back down to Dallas on the 29th.
Detroit should be two fairly easy wins for the pack this year, The packers just match up with them too well. I look for Favre to toss over 300 and multiple TDs in both of those games.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 05:10 PM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

ripdw27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

wow dont i feel stupid now. as much as id like to put the blame on bly, the playcall was terrible. no safety help, its OT, make em drive the entire field.. man that was a great game tho. had cutler got that one first down i beleive we woulda won. number 20 (bigby?) really killed you guys, 4 huge penalties. you guys owned the 2nd quarter but we had the 3rd locked up pretty tight. in OT when jennings caught that pass i just kinda fell off my couch. ive never been so sick of hearing how bout them packers from my classmates.... thanks alot dre bly..
ripdw27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

The way we moved the ball we should have put up like 30 points. I've never seen anything like that where we scored our only two touchdowns on 70 + yard bombs, and on other drives we had methodical picking apart of the defense but didn't score touchdowns. It's amazing that Ryan Grant was going to get a small percentage of the touches and made a huge contribution after Wynn got injured. He was always moving forward and getting 4 or 5 yards. It wasn't one of those where a guy gets 20 carries for 40 yards but then has a 50 yarder to boost his average, nope, he got good yards almost every time and didn't need a huge run to boost his average. We should have kept running it in the redzone but maybe McCarthy felt we didn't have a good redzone running situation, with no power back available. Still should have had a back in there every time though.

Defense. There was poor tackling on the outside a lot. It looks like Shanahan decided that's our weakness since our corners play straight up man to man and there's no zone coverage in that area, he continued to attack it. It almost cost us the game. They still only gave up 13 points though. Run defense was really good except that big run play that got called back for a holding penalty. Now that I think about it that call pretty much balanced out the 3 terrible calls on Bigby. It was a huge run. Cutler is tough, that guy has a cannon arm. He made throws that nobody else has made on us this year. Expect opponents to try to follow the blueprint that Shanahan drew up to attack our defense. Tons of crossing rub routes to disrupt the man coverage and passes in the flat to the RB's. Aaron Kampman was a beast. 3 sacks and 4 hurries. Hell he could have had 2 more sacks on the Brandon Marshall trick play (missed the tackle twice). Our blitzes up the middle were really effective at causing incompletions except when Cutler was able to get the ball out a nice screen play. A few times Hawk and Barnett were sent up the middle and caused incompletions. Cutler went 21 for 37, I estimate the blitz pressure caused maybe 5 of those so that's good. I thought the blitzes were pretty effective and we didn't do them that much. They burned us once on the blitz. There was one where Hawk came through the B Gap and drilled Cutler. That's what I like to see.

Every call on Bigby except the kicking the ball was ********. I don't wanna hear anything down talking him except that kicking the ball one. Look at the replays and none were blatant except the kicking one. The refs were nitpicking on both sides all night long. Unfortunately most of it went against us and 3 of them against him that just as easily couldn't have gotten called and nobody would have even complained for a penalty on him.

Anyway, we're 6-1, a win is a win. Bigby had another 7 tackles. Expect lots of more of him down in the box against KC, we got LJ and Tony Gonzalez.
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 02:37 PM    (permalink
NickCollins36
Rookie

NickCollins36 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i think i woke up my nieghbors with my yelling after that greg jennings catch.
6-1 babay!!!!!!
who woulda ever thought
and i think we finally found a running bak who fits our zone blocking scheme
im happy:D

sig by diehardvikingsfan

IN TED WE TRUST
NickCollins36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

Things i liked:

-Collins played his best game of the year, shoud have had 2 or 3 picks
-Kampman was great
-Favre was almost perfect
-We needed a big, physical, north-south, hard nose back for our running game and we found it in Grant

Things i didnt like:

-Inconsistent Defense: It weird...this defense doesnt allow a lot of points but sometimes they look awful and then they are just dominant. Bottom line, they bend sometimes but they never break. I'd like to see more consistency from them.
-Penalties: Too many stupid penalties that gave life to the Broncos all game long.

This game could have been over at the half but we couldnt burry them and it almost cost us.
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 03:11 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
Every call on Bigby except the kicking the ball was ********. I don't wanna hear anything down talking him except that kicking the ball one. Look at the replays and none were blatant except the kicking one. The refs were nitpicking on both sides all night long. Unfortunately most of it went against us and 3 of them against him that just as easily couldn't have gotten called and nobody would have even complained for a penalty on him.
I have to disagree with you here. The penalties were deserved. It wasn't just that either, he blew coverages at least a couple times aswell. Everyone has bad games and I'm willing to leave it at that. He's played well up to that game, but he was off on Monday.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:25 PM    (permalink
NickCollins36
Rookie

NickCollins36 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favre4ever View Post
Things i liked:

-Kampman was great
-We needed a big, physical, north-south, hard nose back for our running game and we found it in Grant

Things i didnt like:

-Inconsistent Defense: It weird...this defense doesnt allow a lot of points but sometimes they look awful and then they are just dominant. Bottom line, they bend sometimes but they never break. I'd like to see more consistency from them.
-Penalties: Too many stupid penalties that gave life to the Broncos all game long.

This game could have been over at the half but we couldnt burry them and it almost cost us.
NICK COLLIN BETHUNE COOKMAN!!!!

sig by diehardvikingsfan

IN TED WE TRUST
NickCollins36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 03:44 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favre4ever View Post
Things i liked:

-Kampman was great

Things i didnt like:

Great post, the defense was shady in the first and fourth quarters, and dominate in the middle. The tackling was awful on Denver's last drive. Penalties also were a huge problem, Bigby needs to get his head out of his ***.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote