Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > AFC West Division Forum

AFC West Division Forum Discuss the AFC West

Old 10-30-2007, 09:15 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Time for a change in Denver?

First off I don't mean this to be a diss or a trash talk thread just a question?

Do you think it is time for a new HC to take over for Denver don't get me wrong I think MS is a great coach but I feel all teams need new blood after so long?
Old 10-30-2007, 09:21 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think MS is the best coach in the NFL over the past 15 years. best play caller, offensive and defense mind, intelligent, players like him, a proven winner and a good guy. But it may be time for new blood in their. Funny thing is MS is still awesome, but I'd like to see the NE Patriots OC there. MS owned the Pats the last few seasons.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:42 AM    (permalink
Wyndham
Rookie

Wyndham hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Not at all. He's still a great COACH... even though he's had his off moments this season.

It's the constant personnel changes that is hurting the Broncos, along with Shanahan's offseason arrogance. That team has never been good enough to burn third-rounders on a guy like Clarrett and their other draft choices are shaky at best, outside of a few good picks (which most teams can at least accomplish). You make a good trade for Bly but you don't bring in any significant LB help because you think DJ Williams can actually play MLB (he'll never be a fit and never would've; he's an uninstinctive athlete). You find a nice receiver in Marshall but spend the house on a mediocre TE in Graham.

That team would be a Super Bowl contender with a decent GM and Shanahan simply coaching.
Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 10:04 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isint MS the GM?
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Wyndham
Rookie

Wyndham hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yeah, that's my point. Few coaches can craft the ship and sail it.
Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 11:24 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MS is still doing a great job in Denver. He just needs to have a consistently healthy roster that can develop some continuity. Travis Henry, Javon Walker, Tom Nalen all with injuries on the offense alone. Plus Marcus Thomas and John Lynch on defense last night.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 11:46 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah MS is a great coach i think he is amazing, with his zone blocking. But the injuries are wat is taking the team down. Also yeah i think the Broncos need a GM, MS can't do it both some of his coaching decisions are questionable. Its obvious he likes to gamble on players, but not many of them turn out good, only the Rbs do, untill they leave Denver. Well besides Portis, becuase i just love that guy as rb.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This isn't new, Shanny the Rat Devil has long been a great coach but a poor GM. His fleecing of idiot/bottom feeder NFC teams in trades has been tremendous in helping make up for the latter.

Last edited by Geo : 10-30-2007 at 08:55 PM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 08:26 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

http://fireshanahan.com/

Ask this guy what he thinks...
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 09:55 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Injuries was the biggest problem along the line.

LB draft a real MLB
DB A+ there
WR Injuries but the backups are making the most of it
RB- any rb works pretty much

The only spots where i see you need talent is the Linemen both sides. Rb sure, but MS can make do with pretty much and RB. And LBs, so that may be a reason for so many yrds allowed. But you do have a good pass rush, you just need some fat guys up front.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:47 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
I thought Injuries was the biggest problem along the line.

LB draft a real MLB
DB A+ there
WR Injuries but the backups are making the most of it
RB- any rb works pretty much

The only spots where i see you need talent is the Linemen both sides. Rb sure, but MS can make do with pretty much and RB. And LBs, so that may be a reason for so many yrds allowed. But you do have a good pass rush, you just need some fat guys up front.
LB We just basically need to get rid of Gold. DJ would be a great WLB, and I'm sure Webster is a better MLB than DJ.

DB, we get a C. CBs are A+, Ss are Fs.

Our 06 class was amazing though. We got Cutler, Marshall, Scheff and Dumervil. That is a class of 4 guys who have already made a solid impact on the NFL, and I think it's within the definite realm of possibility that all 4 of them become pro bowlers at some point in their careers.

But njx summed it up nicely, play calling has been awful(though improved the last few games, especially in the redzone), and the defense has reeked. Our offense SHOULD be much better, and I expect it to with the return of Walker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 06:51 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Yeha, i hear MS won't simplifiy the play calling for Cutler, he just wants him to learn, on the fly.

D do you think a new D coordinator is needed
Old 11-01-2007, 06:19 PM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

ripdw27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

just something that popped into my head but -

im pretty sure shanny will change his ways either later in the year or next season. obviosly what he is doing is not working, how are we really supposed to get any pressure on the quarterback with our 4 d lineman, our weakest point on the d. a mlb is much needed so we kick dj back outside. safety is also highly needed but lb should be the top priority. in a few years our d line will be solid, we got 3 rookies and a one year pro. i think weve got great potential there.

now on offense, i think we need some lineman, i would prefer get someone with experience via trade or fa. nalen lepsis and hamilton are all over 30, plus our right side isnt the greates either. at tight end i would rather see scheffler start and have graham come in on goaline to block, we run a lot of multiple tes anyway. WR we are set, we have our dominant playmaker in Walker whenever he returns, a young marshall on the other side and Brandon slot machine stokley. throw in cutler and henry in the backfield and our O has some scary good potential. whether we achieve that potential will be determined by our o line play/playcalling.

all in all i think we dont have a lot of holes, but the ones we do are pretty huge. (S,LB,OL) i would like to get a rg or rt in free agents, and then draft some future starters at C and LT. id like to see our draft go something like this:

1.lb
2.fs
3.c
4.lt
ripdw27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 06:57 PM    (permalink
urinemonkey
Rookie

urinemonkey hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Shanahan's gotten stale. It's time to throw some fresh meat in there. Maybe there's a hot young coordinator wanting to make the jump to the head coaching ranks. No college coaches please, they fail miserably in the pros generally speaking.

Last edited by urinemonkey : 11-01-2007 at 07:01 PM.
urinemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urinemonkey View Post
Shanahan's gotten stale.
That is pretty much my take on the matter I'm not dissing MS just think the players have heard the same messege to long time for a change.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
it seems clear to me that our problems stem entirely from shanahan right now. he doesn't want us blitzing, so we don't. he can't call a play at the goalline, so we run it up the middle every single time.
I agree. Seems to me like he's trying not to lose, rather than going for the win. He used to call a pretty good game, particularly on the offensive side of the ball. Now he seems reluctant to open things up - which is particularly frustrating when the passing game is the obvious (only?) strength of this team.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:03 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you actually have to try to attempt to run the ball or maybe even (gasp) attempt short passes to your backs for that to be the case. I don't buy it.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.

THis is just very silly i would absolutely love it, as a charger fan, for shanahan not to be coaching ... perhaps hes not the leading the greatest team right now.. but not by any means should he be replaced..

sig by bosanac01
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:53 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else surprised the offense went to the crapper when Kubiak left? Thats the biggest problem IMO, the Broncos can't score!
Of course, the biggest position need is DT, but the offense needs to get on track and put up more points.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote