Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-27-2006, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Players don't need to love a coach in order to win, people don't realize that. Respect is another thing, and I think Coughlin has the respect of the majority of the players in that locker room. Of course there are some bad relationships here and there, but that happens no matter who the head man is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 12:47 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just replace the players instead of the coach! There seems to be quite a few complaints from the players from what I have heard. He either has to gain his players respect quick, which is highly unlikely, or he won't last much longer. However, the players shouldn't be babies and complain about the coaching all the time. They know the game, and if they really want to win, they'd try to get along with the coaches and such more, and work harder. Unfortunately for Coughlin, egos exist.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 12:51 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im just not a fan of coaches who are not great Xs and Os guys. Coughlin is the kind of coach that gets you over the hump, but he doesn't win the big game because of his lack of adjustments.

I personally would like Ken Whistenhunt, Cam Cameron, Wade Phillips, Dick Lebeau or (my dream that will never happen) John Fox as replacements.

For Eli, I think he needs Cameron or Whistenhunt. I personally am a defensive guy, I wouldn't mind Wade Phillips.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:14 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Im just not a fan of coaches who are not great Xs and Os guys. Coughlin is the kind of coach that gets you over the hump, but he doesn't win the big game because of his lack of adjustments.

I personally would like Ken Whistenhunt, Cam Cameron, Wade Phillips, Dick Lebeau or (my dream that will never happen) John Fox as replacements.

For Eli, I think he needs Cameron or Whistenhunt. I personally am a defensive guy, I wouldn't mind Wade Phillips.
Eh..I've never been a big fan of Phillips. I remember when he was the coach in Buffalo, he'd often be standing on the sidelines, without a headset, looking clueless.

Personally, I feel that Cam Cameron is going to be the hottest commodity on the market this offseason.

Also, in regards to Coughlin, it's not like inconsistency hasn't been the theme for the Giants for the past decade or anything. They had their chance with a player's coach in Fassel. They were still horribly inconsistent, never making the playoffs in consecutive years.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner
Quote:

Eh..I've never been a big fan of Phillips. I remember when he was the coach in Buffalo, he'd often be standing on the sidelines, without a headset, looking clueless.

Personally, I feel that Cam Cameron is going to be the hottest commodity on the market this offseason.

Also, in regards to Coughlin, it's not like inconsistency hasn't been the theme for the Giants for the past decade or anything. They had their chance with a player's coach in Fassel. They were still horribly inconsistent, never making the playoffs in consecutive years.
Agreed on Cameron. Also remember when I said this, Gates won't be nearly as good when Cameron leaves San Diego. Cam created him and his play will regress without him. I wouldn't touch any of those other guys except LeBeau and Fox isn't leaving Carolina anytime soon.

The one thing about Coughlin is that the players are going to try to win to spite him. Fassel was a **** coach. The players quit on him because they knew he was a lame duck coach and a five letter p word in general. Agreed on players don't have to like the coach just respect him. And I do think most of the players respect him except for a select few who have the brain of a five year old in a man's body.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he will be replaced. The play calling at some points is just not good at all. He's not motivating certain players well enough (Burress), and when he doesn't get full effort, he doesn't make the player give full effort. The leaders of the team have come out and said he's not doing things right. That means three things a) He doesn't have control of his players. b) His players don't trust him. They can't go to him, so they go to the media. c) He's not doing things right. If the three best players on your offense critisize your coaching, you're doing something wrong, because these players know what they're talking about. They know when they get outcoached. My only question is who will be the coach next year.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
I think he will be replaced. The play calling at some points is just not good at all. He's not motivating certain players well enough (Burress), and when he doesn't get full effort, he doesn't make the player give full effort. The leaders of the team have come out and said he's not doing things right. That means three things a) He doesn't have control of his players. b) His players don't trust him. They can't go to him, so they go to the media. c) He's not doing things right. If the three best players on your offense critisize your coaching, you're doing something wrong, because these players know what they're talking about. They know when they get outcoached. My only question is who will be the coach next year.
The only player on the team who knows what they are talking about is Tiki. I don't hold any weight to what any other offensive player says. And Tiki claims he says these things to help motivate the team. I don't buy the whole Tiki/Tom fued. Tiki has had his best years because of Tom and because of Eli. As far as the other players knowing what they're talking about, I'm not sure about that. Most players aren't exactly intelligent.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Also John Clayton reported that Coughlin is more likely to get an extension in the next few weeks than get fired. Like I said earlier, ownership loves him.

We need more Coughlin like players. Our next GM needs to stay away from the University of Miami and those types. I almost guarantee we will draft a player from Notre Dame somewhere in the draft next year.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
Quote:
The only player on the team who knows what they are talking about is Tiki. I don't hold any weight to what any other offensive player says. And Tiki claims he says these things to help motivate the team. I don't buy the whole Tiki/Tom fued. Tiki has had his best years because of Tom and because of Eli. As far as the other players knowing what they're talking about, I'm not sure about that. Most players aren't exactly intelligent.
The players know football. They know whan it's not the right call.

BoneKrusher
Old 11-27-2006, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thats just not true. Most of the best football players of all time are horrible coaches. They don't know football as good as the coaches, they are just great athletes. WRs and TEs don't know how to call plays.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thats just not true. Most of the best football players of all time are horrible coaches. They don't know football as good as the coaches, they are just great athletes. WRs and TEs don't know how to call plays.
So when Burress or Shockey sas that the coaching is bad, you think they're just too stupid to be taken seriously?

BoneKrusher
Old 11-27-2006, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
So when Burress or Shockey sas that the coaching is bad, you think they're just too stupid to be taken seriously?
Absolutely. They don't know whats best for this team. I love Shockey. He is one of the best TEs in the league. But I have learned that he loves to find things to complain about. First he complained about not getting the ball and I agreed to an extent. Now he is getting the ball more and still complaining. These guys just run their mouths after a lost. They hold no credibility.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:28 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Na, I can't defend Coughlin on the outcoached thing. He is getting outcoached alot. Every team has dumb players. But the Giants are the only guys who call out TC on getting outcoached every chance thtey get. Thats not coincidence.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Na, I can't defend Coughlin on the outcoached thing. He is getting outcoached alot. Every team has dumb players. But the Giants are the only guys who call out TC on getting outcoached every chance thtey get. Thats not coincidence.
Actually a lot of players have been running their mouths this year. I remember ESPN went through all the clips last week. Although I can't seem to remember who the players were. A lot of our players are just babies. Mean old Coughlin is too tough on these poor premadonnas so when they loose they complain like children.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:40 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They shouldnt' fire him so what they lost, they aren't a bad team, all this means is that they are not the superbowl contenders all the Giants fans were pimping them to be a couple of weeks ago.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon
They shouldnt' fire him so what they lost, they aren't a bad team, all this means is that they are not the superbowl contenders all the Giants fans were pimping them to be a couple of weeks ago.
They were serious Super Bowl contenders a few weeks ago when they were healthy. Not only Giants fans but many people thought they would beat Chicago and claim their spot as the best team in the NFC.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:50 PM    (permalink
LookItsAlDavis
Veteran

LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They need to get an offense that Eli Manning is more comfortable with........he looks like he is confused.
LookItsAlDavis is offline   Reply With Quote