Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-05-2007, 04:20 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Looks like Collins will be out "several" weeks. It's a good time to have an injury like this, I suppose, with the Vikings and Panthers coming up. I just hope he's back in time for the Lions and Cowboys games.
Yeah I saw that. If he's not back by Thanksgiving we're in trouble. In the mean time let's see if Rouse can prove me wrong, but my hopes aren't too high on that.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Actually Adams is having a very good year. He's starting now and playing well. It doesn't show up in the statline but he's stout against the run and penetrates the pocket rather well for a nose tackle. I knew that all it would take was a scheme change.

The problem is Dusty Dvoracek and Darwin Walker have been down all year with injuries. But you weren't actually looking for an answer, you were just trying to be witty and failed.
Meh, I was proving a point. Just because you don't hear a person's name called every game, doesn't mean they aren't having an impact. Or in Jolly's case, a big impact.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Yeah I saw that. If he's not back by Thanksgiving we're in trouble. In the mean time let's see if Rouse can prove me wrong, but my hopes aren't too high on that.
By the looks of it, we'd be better off playing a 4-4 the next two games.

Hitman D

Old 11-05-2007, 04:26 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
By the looks of it, we'd be better off playing a 4-4 the next two games.
Except we don't have an extra LB to be the 4. If Collins was playing putting Bigby in the box the whole game wouldn't be a bad idea, but we can't leave Rouse to play center field by himself.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Yeah it would be a good time to experiment with some different exotic stuff on defense in a real game, to get ready to use them against the better teams, or give them tons of different things to prepare for. (Bill Belichick does it all the time)
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 09:08 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Just wondering. The Dallas/GB game is on NFL network. I know this was a problem last year but will they be showing that game on state tv?

I live in Iowa but get La Crosse stations, any of you guys think i'll get the game, or will I have to get to a BWW.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 09:13 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock07 View Post
Just wondering. The Dallas/GB game is on NFL network. I know this was a problem last year but will they be showing that game on state tv?

I live in Iowa but get La Crosse stations, any of you guys think i'll get the game, or will I have to get to a BWW.
That's kind of odd that you get La Crosse stations...

Anyway, no you won't get it. Only houses in Milwaukee and Greenbay broadcasting regions will get it locally. That's BS that it's on NFLN, it's pretty much the NFC version of Pats/Colts, but not many have the option of watching.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:18 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

I go to college in the northeast corner of Iowa and am about 45 min from La Crosse. We also get Rochester, MN stations. At any rate, I'm gonna have to go to La Crosse to watch it at a bar.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 09:23 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock07 View Post
I go to college in the northeast corner of Iowa and am about 45 min from La Crosse. We also get Rochester, MN stations. At any rate, I'm gonna have to go to La Crosse to watch it at a bar.
Sopcast, I don't even own a TV, so I just watch everything on my computer.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Quote:
That's kind of odd that you get La Crosse stations...

Anyway, no you won't get it. Only houses in Milwaukee and Greenbay broadcasting regions will get it locally. That's BS that it's on NFLN, it's pretty much the NFC version of Pats/Colts, but not many have the option of watching.
God that's ********. First the Ohio St.-Wisconsin game, now this. The two biggest god damn games of the year for each team, and I don't get to watch either one of them. **** that.

Hitman D

Old 11-05-2007, 10:00 PM    (permalink
litlharsh
Veteran

litlharsh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.litlharsh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Sweet, we get to play the two worst QBs in the league. :D

Time for our secondary to pad their stats!
Quarterback...I don't recognize it. Is that the guy that gives the ball to AD every play?
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
Keyshawn because i just hate T.O. he is a cocky son of a biscuit
But an athletic marvel for a second generation confectionary product
litlharsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 10:13 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB in our division except for us is actually the retreads and has-beens of the league. Kitna could be worse, he could be Grossman or Griese, or God-forbid, Tavaris Jackson. I just pretty much love how this season has gone, considering all the smack talked by our division rivals. Not that anyone predicted Lions to be 6-2 and the Packers 7-1 at this point, but it is just too much fun week-in and week-out seeing the amount of crow being eaten by Da Bears. I can't say the Vikings are any surprise given their draft of Cook and Jackson and the stiffs they have at WR, but AD might just make up for that. Vikings look like they'll just collect GB cast-offs and live in TitleTown's shadow for a goodly long while.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:35 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

We front loaded Lee's contract. I'm not just saying that either, 2 million will count against the 2007 cap and he'll get 4.9 million next year.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:40 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Nick Collins Out Couple Weeks, Up To A Month
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true
Rookie Aaron Rouse will start

Free Agent Market (By Age)
Troy Vincent - 16yrs - 37yrs Old
Robert Griffith - 14yrs - 37yrs Old
Tony Parrish - 10yrs - 32yrs Old
Lance Schulters - 10yrs - 33yrs Old
Donovin Darius - 10yrs - 33yrs Old
Lamont Thompson - 6yrs - 30yrs Old
Shaun Williams - 10yrs - 30yrs Old
Derrick Gibson - 7yrs - 29yrs Old
Terrence Kiel - 5yrs - 27yrs Old
Mike Rumph - 5yrs - 27 yrs Old

Note: Donald Lee Sign 4yrs - 12 Million Deall

Last edited by The Legend : 11-06-2007 at 12:56 AM.
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 03:39 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Damn...how could I forget about Johnny Jolly??

*Shakes head in shame*
Do you watch the Packers play? Jolly has been playing well and improved leaps and bounds this off season. I am very pleased with his play considering hes a second year 6th round pick.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 09:44 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any word on Williams?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Any word on Williams?
By everything we're hearing I think we can assume Williams and Pickett are Probable.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:05 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thats good, cole is healthy and is jolly so the DT spot is still fine... but wait harrell is still hurt, woe is us!

Old 11-07-2007, 02:46 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Except we don't have an extra LB to be the 4. If Collins was playing putting Bigby in the box the whole game wouldn't be a bad idea, but we can't leave Rouse to play center field by himself.
Bigy can play FS so I wouldnt mind doing the 4-4 thing. Have Rouse as the extra LB.

Harris Kampman Jolly Pickett Jenkins Woodson
Rouse Poppinga Barnett Hawk
Bigby
Old 11-07-2007, 03:32 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

for the record the standard defense in virginia beach is a 4-4. Dont know if it was like that when Rouse was there but it probably was.

Old 11-07-2007, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Do you watch the Packers play? Jolly has been playing well and improved leaps and bounds this off season. I am very pleased with his play considering hes a second year 6th round pick.
Ya and he knocks down madd balls at the line of scrimmage Im very impressed with how hes been playin this year.
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 04:42 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Bigy can play FS so I wouldnt mind doing the 4-4 thing. Have Rouse as the extra LB.

Harris Kampman Jolly Pickett Jenkins Woodson
Rouse Poppinga Barnett Hawk
Bigby
Yeah, we won't be in a 4-4. Nothing going to change much. We'll probably see Bigby in the box a little more but that's it.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Bigby, Hawk, and Barnett should all have around 10 or more tackles this game.

Bosanac01
Old 11-07-2007, 10:41 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, we won't be in a 4-4. Nothing going to change much. We'll probably see Bigby in the box a little more but that's it.
I think they would put Rouse in the box... Hes very stout against the run seeing as he has amazing size speed and played some LB in college. I also read something somewhere that said he was having difficulty picking up NFL coverages. Plus Bigby has been done alright in coverage.
But i could be dead wrong.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:03 AM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I think they would put Rouse in the box... Hes very stout against the run seeing as he has amazing size speed and played some LB in college. I also read something somewhere that said he was having difficulty picking up NFL coverages. Plus Bigby has been done alright in coverage.
But i could be dead wrong.
Bigby's definately been an improvement over Manuel but he still get's too many penalties for my liking. It seems to me that Bigby is usually in a good position to make a play but he isn't that great at making plays on the ball when running with a WR. He tends to strictly play the man and draw a penalty for PI. He's gotta turn, look for the ball, get a hand on the WR's hip and then make a play on the ball. Ofcourse thats much easier said than done but i'd like to see him get better at that as the year goes on.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote