Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-29-2006, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the two played eachother, I think the Ravens would win. But by virtue of the NFC's suck-factor the Bears will go farther.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 01:15 PM    (permalink
TIP
Veteran

TIP hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang
I think its funny how alot of people were like "Oh the steelers are going to beat the ravens" Than once we completely demolish them people are like "Oh well they suck so thats unimpressive"
WHo the hell said that? I'm a fan, but you had to know Baltimore was gonna gonna beat us.

Props to Darnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Why couldn't Helen Keller drive?

She was a woman.
^^^^^^
OMFG LMAO
TIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 07:48 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIP
Quote:
I think its funny how alot of people were like "Oh the steelers are going to beat the ravens" Than once we completely demolish them people are like "Oh well they suck so thats unimpressive"
WHo the hell said that? I'm a fan, but you had to know Baltimore was gonna gonna beat us.
o there was plenty... not just on this board, but in real life too

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 08:18 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLERSANTA
I been saying the bears are overrated all year...I'm sticking by that....I voted for ravens
Speaking of overrated, how bout that Tony Romo?
why do you think he's overrated? i'm not saying your wrong, but the guy seems pretty solid to me. 5 TDs in 1 game?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 08:47 PM    (permalink
TIP
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
Quote:
Quote:
I been saying the bears are overrated all year...I'm sticking by that....I voted for ravens
why do you think he's overrated? i'm not saying your wrong, but the guy seems pretty solid to me. 5 TDs in 1 game?
They were playing the Suckaneers

Props to Darnik

Quote:

She was a woman.
^^^^^^
OMFG LMAO
Old 11-29-2006, 08:48 PM    (permalink
TIP
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpigskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIP
Quote:
o there was plenty... not just on this board, but in real life too
Gotta be realistic, jesus, we had no shot

Props to Darnik

Quote:

She was a woman.
^^^^^^
OMFG LMAO
Old 11-29-2006, 09:17 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
Quote:
Quote:
Just trying to piss Cowboys fans off.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 10:32 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarey20
Call me a homer but of course I had to go with the Ravens..if we continue to play like we did against Pitt, it will be hard for anyone to beat us.
Oh you mean that inept Pittsburgh team this week? Don't mean to harp on ya but that win is not very impressive (well 27-0 is impressive but it's the Steelers), considering Pittsburgh is blowing monkey balls this season (they lost to the friggin Raiders).
Not that the Bears beating the crap out of San Fran and Buffalo is any better, but you did lose to Carolina at home as well, a team that just lost to Washington.

I know this isn't saying much with Rex but I question Air McNair's durability and Boller behind him. At least we've got a solid vet if Rex goes down. Plus we have 3 very capable RB's in TJ, Cedric, and AP. Who's behind Lewis on the depth chart?

And Jamal Lewis has rushed big against teams who give up over 100 yard per game on the ground. The best rush defense he's rushed against in the past 3 weeks or so has been Pittsburgh, and they're ranked about 9th or 10th in the league at 100yd/pg...The other two are giving up over 115 a game in Cincy and the Titans.
Be kind...
Now you know what it's like to be a Bear fan. :P

Nah dude, good win against the Steelers, but McChandelier worries me if I'm a Raven's fan and Boller behind him.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 10:35 PM    (permalink

This would make for a great Super Bowl. Both great defenses, both offenses that run hot/cold. I really couldn't put a finger on who would win this game. If they both continued to play up to their current level and run through the playoffs, that really would be an intriguing Super Bowl to watch. It might end 6-3 though.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:04 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Call me a homer but of course I had to go with the Ravens..if we continue to play like we did against Pitt, it will be hard for anyone to beat us.
Oh you mean that inept Pittsburgh team this week? Don't mean to harp on ya but that win is not very impressive (well 27-0 is impressive but it's the Steelers), considering Pittsburgh is blowing monkey balls this season (they lost to the friggin Raiders).

Not that the Bears beating the crap out of San Fran and Buffalo is any better, but you did lose to Carolina at home as well, a team that just lost to Washington.
Don't pull the "lost to this team who lost to this team" or Raven fans could say, you lost to Miami who lost to Pittsburgh who lost to Oakland, while Baltimore shut out Pittsburgh or you lost to Miami who lost to Houston.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 11:25 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk
Quote:
Quote:

Don't pull the "lost to this team who lost to this team" or Raven fans could say, you lost to Miami who lost to Pittsburgh who lost to Oakland, while Baltimore shut out Pittsburgh or you lost to Miami who lost to Houston.
Agreed. The transitive property has no place in football.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 09:57 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk
Quote:
Quote:

But it's fun to do.

Then I could say, well the Bears beat the Giants, who beat the Cowboys who are supposedly the best team in the NFC right now. :P

I find it funny that first it was the Giants (not the Bears) who were the best team in the NFC going into the Sunday Night game in the Meadowlands. Then we beat NY at their place, and the media says, well if the Giants are the best team and they got beat by Chicago, then Dallas is the best team now. And if NY beats Dallas, the Giants will probably be the team to beat in the NFC again.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right now.. I have Baltimore as my pick to represent the AFC in the Superbowl. They don't want to and will not be stopped.

The only things holding them back is a average line (Outside of ogden) and Jamal Williams.. If he turns things up... they'd be near unstoppable.
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 08:53 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777
Quote:
Here are the numbers.

Bears have a better total offense.

Bears have a better scoring offense.

Bears have a better rushing offense.

Bears have a better passing offense.

Bears have a better total defense.

Bears have a better scoring defense.

Bears have a better passing defense.

Bears create more turnovers.

Ravens have a better rushing defense.

Ravens turn the ball over less.

Obviously some of this is due to strength of schedule, so take it for what it's worth, but those are the numbers. People like the hate on the Bears, but we're in the top half of the league in every single category.
The Ravens also have 14 more sacks. Most of the defensive statistics only have the Bears with a slight edge over the Ravens. If the Ravens played in the NFC, they would be the #1 defense is all those categories. But the main factor is that the Ravens offense doesn't turn the ball over like the Bears do. Until that changes the Bears are going to be rightfully criticized for it.
Wow...I need to get my hands on that crystal ball you've got. I'm impressed. I said that S.O.S plays a part in it, but not that much. Bears have beaten just as many teams with winning records as the Ravens have.

When the Bengals beat the Ravens and the Bears beat the Vikes this week everyone will start saying the opposite thing. Fans in this league are so fickle from a week to week basis. We lose by 4 points to the Patriots and all of the sudden we're in a free-fall. Get real.
Just remember I said this. All the Superbowl bandwaggoners (see above post) are gonna jump off if Cincy holds on to win.

Old 11-30-2006, 08:58 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777
Quote:
Here are the numbers.

Bears have a better total offense.

Bears have a better scoring offense.

Bears have a better rushing offense.

Bears have a better passing offense.

Bears have a better total defense.

Bears have a better scoring defense.

Bears have a better passing defense.

Bears create more turnovers.

Ravens have a better rushing defense.

Ravens turn the ball over less.

Obviously some of this is due to strength of schedule, so take it for what it's worth, but those are the numbers. People like the hate on the Bears, but we're in the top half of the league in every single category.
The Ravens also have 14 more sacks. Most of the defensive statistics only have the Bears with a slight edge over the Ravens. If the Ravens played in the NFC, they would be the #1 defense is all those categories. But the main factor is that the Ravens offense doesn't turn the ball over like the Bears do. Until that changes the Bears are going to be rightfully criticized for it.
Wow...I need to get my hands on that crystal ball you've got. I'm impressed. I said that S.O.S plays a part in it, but not that much. Bears have beaten just as many teams with winning records as the Ravens have.

When the Bengals beat the Ravens and the Bears beat the Vikes this week everyone will start saying the opposite thing. Fans in this league are so fickle from a week to week basis. We lose by 4 points to the Patriots and all of the sudden we're in a free-fall. Get real.
Just remember I said this. All the Superbowl bandwaggoners (see above post) are gonna jump off if Cincy holds on to win.
No kidding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 09:28 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bears won't go anywhere in the playoffs if Grossman can't get his act together

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope
Bears won't go anywhere in the playoffs if Grossman can't get his act together
Good dectective work Sherlock! Did Watson help you out on that one?

:P

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congratulations 51!

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 10:14 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe
Congratulations 51!
T.J whose your Momma is right (well sort of anyway).

The Bengals are at least as good as the Ravens. The biggest difference between the two teams is that the Bengals have to play the Pats and the Colts and the Ravens don't.

Old 11-30-2006, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

interesting I didnt know they have to play the Pats and Colts, but I wonder if this will be a week by week thread, I assume it will be.