Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Carolina Panthers Team Forum

Carolina Panthers Team Forum Discuss the Panthers

Old 11-26-2006, 06:39 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont really know how to fix the run problem though. I mean, we have all this "depth" at DT. The LBs played like **** the beginning of the season but they look a little better now. We have enough problems covering TEs/3rd WRs (Cooley this week...who next week? Do the Eagles even have people worthy of being called 1st/2nd WRs? Are they all going to own us then?) so bringing in a run stuffing LB will help one weakness but magnify another.

I just cant believe after what Colston did to us at the end of the NO game that the Cooley TD even had the POSSIBILITY of happening. It's just pathetic. This is the NFL, that looked like my high school and they won 5 games over the 4 years I was there
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 06:44 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJoe2k5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman
Also, I'll say it right now. I'd rather lose every game the rest of the season than sneak into the playoffs like last year and win 1-2 games on the road to get blown out in the NFCG. If we lose out maybe they FINALLY realize some changes need to be made.
Couldn't agree with you more.

Instead of an under-study for Jake Delhomme, we need to look for his replacement.
One of Smith's benefits is he plays in a similar pro style offense. I think if we get someone good in there we could really make him manage the game and make plays without being a rookie just thrown in there.

I want Mooch
Old 11-26-2006, 06:52 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also it doesnt look like my wish has very good odds. As pathetic as the Panthers are, the rest of the NFC may be worse. How are we still 6th in the conference???

http://www.nfl.com/standings/conference

WOW WOW WOW HILARIOUS stats. We have the highest strength of victory win % in the NFC besides Tampa Bay and the Skins but a middle of the road/weak strength of schedule. Know what that means? WE LOSE TO BAD TEAMS. And what does that mean? THE COACHING SUCKS. How hard is it to keep people motivated? I mean, should we just hire Dr. Phil or something and pay him instead of the Special Teams staff since they dont do anything anyway?

Also, in total TDs per team we are only ahead of:

3-8 Charlie Fry-led Cleveland
2-9 Andrew Walter/Aaron Brooks-led Oakland
3-8 Bruce Gradkowski-led Tampa Bay

I dont think the offense would really be anymore anemic with a rookie QB than it already is
Old 11-26-2006, 07:01 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman
Also it doesnt look like my wish has very good odds. As pathetic as the Panthers are, the rest of the NFC may be worse. How are we still 6th in the conference???

http://www.nfl.com/standings/conference

WOW WOW WOW HILARIOUS stats. We have the highest strength of victory win % in the NFC besides Tampa Bay and the Skins but a middle of the road/weak strength of schedule. Know what that means? WE LOSE TO BAD TEAMS. And what does that mean? THE COACHING SUCKS. How hard is it to keep people motivated? I mean, should we just hire Dr. Phil or something and pay him instead of the Special Teams staff since they dont do anything anyway?

Also, in total TDs per team we are only ahead of:

3-8 Charlie Fry-led Cleveland
2-9 Andrew Walter/Aaron Brooks-led Oakland
3-8 Bruce Gradkowski-led Tampa Bay

I dont think the offense would really be anymore anemic with a rookie QB than it already is
exactly, we have to much talent to never have scored 30 points this season. Have we even scored 20 without a defensive score?
Old 11-27-2006, 07:11 AM    (permalink
JustJoe2k5
Pro Bowler

JustJoe2k5 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JustJoe2k5 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Falcons wouldn't trade him to a division rival, but Matt Schaub looks really nice right now.

I think our complete offensive gameplan is completely out of whack from the team we should be.

DeAngelo Williams and DeShaun Foster are shifty speed runningbacks, don't run them into the middle of the other team's defensive line. Send them to the outside where they can make plays with their speed. If you want to power it down the middle, USE ERIC SHELTON. The guy plowed through the Redskins for a first-down yesterday. How did we reward him? Sat him on the bench for the rest of the game. Either use the kid or cut him loose, that is alot of money gathering dust on the bench.

Why do we need to constantly take a shot down the field on every possession? We have one of the best possession receivers in the NFL in Keyshawn Johnson and one of the biggest playmakers in the NFL in Steve Smith. Send Keyshawn Johnson to the first-down marker and just have him sit there. Send Steve Smith ten or fifteen yards down the field and just have him sit there. If Smith isn't open, Delhomme can just dump it to Keyshawn and have a first-down. If Smith is open, he has the ability to turn a short pass into a 70-yard touchdown. We need to take the pressure off of Delhomme and put it on the people who can handle it, Keyshawn Johnson and Steve Smith.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:57 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
DeAngelo Williams and DeShaun Foster are shifty speed runningbacks, don't run them into the middle of the other team's defensive line. Send them to the outside where they can make plays with their speed. If you want to power it down the middle, USE ERIC SHELTON. The guy plowed through the Redskins for a first-down yesterday. How did we reward him? Sat him on the bench for the rest of the game. Either use the kid or cut him loose, that is alot of money gathering dust on the bench.
Shelton looked good out there, he should have gotten an in game chance for short yardage.

Quote:
Danny (Rapid City)SD: Do you think that Carolina will draft a QB this off season, due to the poor play of Jake Delhomme or do they stick it out a couple more years.

Eric Edholm: (4:25 PM ET ) I do. They obviously won't get a shot at Brady Quinn, but Drew Stanton has some Delhomme-esque characteristics that will interest them. More likely, I think they'll wait a little bit and maybe look at a guy like Troy Smith or trent Edwards, maybe a John Beck from BYU. It's not a great QB class at all in '07.
I don't want Stanton at all, he makes the same mistakes Delhomme does and he is in a spread system.

Trent Edward, Kolb and Troy Sizzle (Smith lol) are my favs, Smith being the top.

Troy doesn't force much, and he handles pressure pretty well. I also like how he holds the ball, he isn't going to get it stripped as much as Delhomme did.

I think if we can get him in here with a west coast offensive coordinator we could be fine with a rookie. We aren't like other teams where the rookie is at a disadvantage personel wise. Smith has a good arm and can throw on the move

We are pretty much perfect for a WC offense or one like the Patriots. We have two great receiving backs, Drew Carter, Steve Smith and Key. Hell, if he is a good coordinator he could probably bring out the best in Gaines.

Oh, and how about this quote from Henning?
Quote:

Our Job is not to go out and score a lot of points. Our job is establish field position.

And that is exactly what they do, they don't play to win, they play not to lose.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:58 PM    (permalink

hey im not any panthers fan but i was wondering what happened to deangelo williams. is he injured. is he good ? whats his future look like ??
Old 11-29-2006, 09:31 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

I like the timing of Henning's quote since it came right after a game where the Redskins started with the ball on their 40yd line or better every drive
Old 12-01-2006, 09:32 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenPlayer52
hey im not any panthers fan but i was wondering what happened to deangelo williams. is he injured. is he good ? whats his future look like ??
He's showing us what he can do in the future. He's not a probowler or anything like that at this point in his career, but with the way he's been playing when he has been used he could be a very, very dangerous runner in the future much in the mold of priest holmes.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 11:07 PM    (permalink
tomspanthers

I really don't see us using a first or even second rounder on QB next year. Delhomme can play under pressure, the super bowl game proved that. It's possible that he has an injury that is affecting him that he's trying to play through, it's also possible he's just having an off year. Either way, there's no reason to panic on him yet.

I know Morgan keeps saying he'll be back next year, but he isn't someone we can count on anymore. If he's back, great. We need to draft as though he won't be. It's difficult to predict where we'll be picking right now, but if we could land a solid MLB like Patrick Willis from Mississippi it would be a big help. If Dan Connor from Penn State declares we could get him a little later for depth as well.

We also need to address SS, TE, RT, and maybe even another OLB.
DL and CB are solid, and RB, WR, QB are good enough we don't need to spend early picks on them.

Just my opinions.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Falcons wouldn't trade him to a division rival, but Matt Schaub looks really nice right now.

He's an RFA, so if the Panthers payed the right price, there is nothing Atlanta could do about it.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 12:35 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't want schaub. He's a west coast QB, no experience in our system. He'd be a rookie again that was marginally used to the speed of the NFL... no thanks.

I'd rather we sign Ramsey as pure competition and then draft a linebacker and safety in the second round, focusing on slot receiver in the third.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 10:40 AM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Default Re: New Quarterback

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomspanthers
I really don't see us using a first or even second rounder on QB next year. Delhomme can play under pressure, the super bowl game proved that. It's possible that he has an injury that is affecting him that he's trying to play through, it's also possible he's just having an off year. Either way, there's no reason to panic on him yet.

I know Morgan keeps saying he'll be back next year, but he isn't someone we can count on anymore. If he's back, great. We need to draft as though he won't be. It's difficult to predict where we'll be picking right now, but if we could land a solid MLB like Patrick Willis from Mississippi it would be a big help. If Dan Connor from Penn State declares we could get him a little later for depth as well.

We also need to address SS, TE, RT, and maybe even another OLB.
DL and CB are solid, and RB, WR, QB are good enough we don't need to spend early picks on them.

Just my opinions.
Delhomme constantly costs us a few games a year, and those games are the difference between HFA and playing 3 straight road games. He is erratic and inconsistent, he can't carry a team like he thinks. The game could be close, and the defense would be doing well, but he has to be a hero and he goes and makes a mistake.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

I'll be in Carolina for the Giants-Panthers game next week.

Any do's and and don'ts for me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 10:15 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10
I'll be in Carolina for the Giants-Panthers game next week.

Any do's and and don'ts for me?
Never been there but it's the south dude, you got nothin to worry about as long as you don't talk too much crap. The south is real laid back and chill, practically like a whole nother world than the northeast.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any realistic opinions on tonight's game?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 03:42 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit

umm, we will make Garcia look really good.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn
Quote:

I wonder.... Everyone seems to be high on Carolina except their own fans...
Old 12-04-2006, 04:27 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn
Quote:

I wonder.... Everyone seems to be high on Carolina except their own fans...
I don't know what team they think we are then... The team has idiot coaches and the players aren't allowed to play with passion.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:20 PM    (permalink
JustJoe2k5
Pro Bowler

JustJoe2k5 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JustJoe2k5 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It's hard to get excited about a team that shuts down it's offense once they hit double-digit points.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:21 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

Alright predictions for tonight:

- LJ Smith will rip us a new one
- Jeff Garcia will look like he should be starting
- We either completely ignore the Eagles problem with the running game or try to exploit it TOO much and run like 80% of the time. The other 20% are 40 yard passes on 1st down
- Westbrook or Stallworth will get a cheap TD on us because our DBs dont know how to tackle

I'm also giving the team a very slight chance to come out and make a statement on MNF that they're for real. Let me emphasize very slight though
Old 12-04-2006, 08:54 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

Im so sick of the offensive playcalling when we have a lead. It's just the most pathetic thing I've ever seen. 3rd and 8 and Brad Hoover is open for a 3 yard pass? Go for it! We're up by 7 points! 5 3 and outs in a row wont wear out our defense or anything
Old 12-04-2006, 09:15 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was Ken Lucas benched or is he hurt?

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 09:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Lucky for you Andy Reid is an even dumber coach. Instead of trying to run out the clock before the half, he calls consecutive pass plays that go incomplete that allow you guys to go down and score a TD.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:20 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

Our offense looks great when the other team is in a prevent and we actually open up the playbook

Lucas has been hurt up to this week and I think he's probably still like 80%. Marshall has been great this year (and even that Stallworth catch wasnt his fault as much as a great play by Stallworth) so there's no rush to get him back in there