Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-11-2007, 07:45 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
I don't think they have those in Canada.

I just don't get the point of going to college if you want to be a teacher, unless you don't have the marks to get into university (which would be surprising if you want to be a teacher). You're going to have to get a university degree anyway, so why waste time getting a college degree you won't use?
There might be a semantic confusion here. College here is those which only offer bachelor degrees, and universities offer Masters and Doctorates. Casually, though, both are called college, and university is used when specification is needed.

If there's not a confusion, I'm not sure if I know what you mean. You have to get a bachelor's degree first (usually) before you get a Masters, and then a Doctorates. Is it different in Canada? I wouldn't think so, but I don't know for sure.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
There might be a semantic confusion here. College here is those which only offer bachelor degrees, and universities offer Masters and Doctorates. Casually, though, both are called college, and university is used when specification is needed.

If there's not a confusion, I'm not sure if I know what you mean. You have to get a bachelor's degree first (usually) before you get a Masters, and then a Doctorates. Is it different in Canada? I wouldn't think so, but I don't know for sure.
In Canada:

Colleges are 2 year programs, most of the time. A person who would go to a college would walk away with a certificate rather than a degree. Where as a universtiy is a 4 years school and you walk away with a Bachelor's degree, and can also do your Master or Doctorates there as well.

Thats the bigger difference. I guess the closest comparison would be to compare a college from Canada to a Community College in the States. And then a University in Canada to that of a College or University in the States.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

juice up.. maybe a better college comes up, lol...
Old 11-11-2007, 08:33 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
In Canada:

Colleges are 2 year programs, most of the time. A person who would go to a college would walk away with a certificate rather than a degree. Where as a universtiy is a 4 years school and you walk away with a Bachelor's degree, and can also do your Master or Doctorates there as well.

Thats the bigger difference. I guess the closest comparison would be to compare a college from Canada to a Community College in the States. And then a University in Canada to that of a College or University in the States.
ive been looking at U of Guelph.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
I have some friends that go there. I went for a visit a couple weekends ago. Fun time.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 08:44 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have some friends that go there. I went for a visit a couple weekends ago. Fun time.
Moses you have 11,111 posts on 11/11. Coincidence?

Old 11-11-2007, 08:46 PM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Fisch, go to UConn. We can be roomates and when I bring girls over to the dorm, you can masturbate in the corner, and vice versa.

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
New York Knicks (unfortunately)
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
NYGibril28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I've been planning it for years. Finally I can retire from this website.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:52 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I've been planning it for years. Finally I can retire from this website.
nope, 11,112. youve ruined it Moses now you can't retire :)

Old 11-11-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Seriously? They had one hell of a season for football this year. Too bad they lost in the Ontario Finals yesterday. No one expected them to beat Laurier (Moses), but I was ecstatic when they won. Especially the way they roared after the 1st quarter. CRAZY! I got a lot of friends and former teammates that play at Guelph and Western, but there was always soemthing about Guelph that I had a soft spot for. Could be that their former HC Tom Arnott, began coaching at my HS in my senior year, and I really like him as a coach.

Guelph is a good school tho. Are you really considering it?
Old 11-11-2007, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Université Laval fischbowl. Best university. Best football team in Canada.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wo_oT88 View Post
Université Laval fischbowl. Best university. Best football team in Canada.
MY FAVORITE QUEBECER!!!!

You follow Bishops at all? I got a lot of friends who play football at Bishops this year. I was receruited hard to go there. I may still end up there, who knows.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You should. Good university and Jamall Lee is just a beast :D.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 11-11-2007, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
You should. Good university and Jamall Lee is just a beast :D.
I think he is the RB isnt he? I know Steve Turner, Junior Turner (although that isnt his real name), Jermaine Lewis-Parris, Brad Elliot, Kiron Clarke, James Yuirchuck, and Slim aka Yunell Clayton. They are all from Brampton
Old 11-11-2007, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

If you are considering to play your football in Quebec you should try Bishop and Concordia. Mcgill sucks for the football program.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 11-11-2007, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
If you are considering to play your football in Quebec you should try Bishop and Concordia. Mcgill sucks for the football program.
Ya they have had alot of problems, I remember with the hazing incidents, where it got so bad they shut the team down for the year.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will probably be going to the IVY business program at Western next year. Or I will be going into engineering at U of T, or science at McGill or western. Western and McGill are the best party schools in Canada, especially western
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Ya they have had alot of problems, I remember with the hazing incidents, where it got so bad they shut the team down for the year.
I'll probably transfer in the Bishop area. Sherbrooke university so if you come down there give a sign :D

#MoncriefArmy
Old 11-11-2007, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
I will probably be going to the IVY business program at Western next year. Or I will be going into engineering at U of T, or science at McGill or western. Western and McGill are the best party schools in Canada, especially western
I've done a interview to be in Mcgill. ******* difficult to enter there.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 11-11-2007, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'll probably transfer in the Bishop area. Sherbrooke university so if you come down there give a sign :D
Haha, you know it. Im probably going to go down for a visit just after the new year. But I honeslty have no idea where Im going next year. I have a on of options. Ill keep you posted.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I've done a interview to be in Mcgill. ******* difficult to enter there.
It takes some pretty high marks to get in there, but the program that is the hardest to get into is IVY at western, you need a 90% average
Old 11-11-2007, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
It takes some pretty high marks to get in there, but the program that is the hardest to get into is IVY at western, you need a 90% average
Im pretty sure the toughest it Shulic at York. Ive heard that you need 95% as a miniumum to be considered for a spot. I would take Western over Mcgill. No knock on Mcgill, its just I havent heard of the things that go on at Western go on at Mcgill as well. Plus, Ive been to Western, and I had a good time.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Im pretty sure the toughest it Shulic at York. Ive heard that you need 95% as a miniumum to be considered for a spot. I would take Western over Mcgill. No knock on Mcgill, its just I havent heard of the things that go on at Western go on at Mcgill as well. Plus, Ive been to Western, and I had a good time.
Queen's Commerce, Shulich, and Ivey are all top business programs in terms of admission requirements. All have similar entrance requirements although Queen's tends to focus on more thank just marks.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Queen's Commerce, Shulich, and Ivey are all top business programs in terms of admission requirements. All have similar entrance requirements although Queen's tends to focus on more thank just marks.
Queens is a school I would love to go to, if I had anywhere near the marks to get into. The campus is soooo nice, and the people there are crazy. My sister goes there and has nothing but good things to say about it. 2 years ago, at homecoming, the student flipped over two cars and set them on fire. Created quite a stir at the University, but hell, these are the good times, let them roll. Queens is a great place to go.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Western is definatly the biggest party school in Canada, and they also have the hottest girls