Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-12-2007, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Guess what?! After the shutout vs. the Vikings we are now 3rd in points per game allowed at 15.8 per game. Officially a Top 5 Defense!

------edit----

I take that back. We are now 2nd!! The Colts just lost and gave up 23 points, they have 15.8 through 8 games, doing the math, obviously that average is going up now.

2nd in the most important defensive category. Woooo

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 02:21 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
Officially a Top 5 Defense!
nope we are a top 10 defense but thats very good also

#1 Steelers Defense - 229 Yards
#5 Ravens Defense - 277 Yards
#10 Packers Defense - 306 Yards

Rushing Defense
#7 Packers Defense - 92 Yards

Passing Defense
#20 Packers Defense - 214 Yards

Penalties
#5 Packers Defense - 62 Penalties / 520 Yards - AVG 58 Penalties Yards Per Game

Last edited by The Legend : 11-12-2007 at 02:30 AM.
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 03:29 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yards don't matter. Points matter. We're the best defensive team in the NFC, and only behind the Stealers in the NFL.

Packers = #2 defense!

That was good enough that I watched it twice. I love rewatching the game with it on digital so I can slow the play down and check out the blocking. I'm not sure how Desmond Bishop is going to end up, but TT killed the 6th round. Crosby has been very good, Korey Hall looked as good this game as Henderson did in 2003, making the tough catch when the ball comes to him and getting in there and knocking out a LB or chipping the DT/DE. O-Line had it going on and the play-calling to me showed that MM is just flat-out a better coach than Childress. They kept dropping one of the Williams into zone coverage! 330 in coverage? Why have him in? Thier passing game is laughable, but it shows that our corners are tough against good WRs, and they shut out bad WRs. Just a great overall victory.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:08 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some fans just like the players too much..

http://www.nfl.com/videos?categoryId=find Check out the clip in the highlights on Lee doing a lambeau Leap at about 2:05 on the highlights... Another did it to ruvell martin with his hand during his leap as well around 3:35.... Icky.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Guys, great win yesterday. Hats off to you guys.
I gotta take my hat off to Mike Mccarthy and the OC. I loved, absolutely loved, the approach they took to the run game. They almost never ran inside, and rightfully so. With Pat and Kevin up the middle, no one is going to run on them. I loved how they kept running the tosses over and over again. Grant runs very hard but is quick at the same time. I liked what I saw there. You guys are a great team, and I would say the best in the NFC.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 03:37 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AJ Hawk is going to be on Jim Rome for anyone intersted.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Ha...communion. I love Hawk.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 05:42 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Greg Jennings On Another Level, Avg 23 Yards A Catch Senice Bye Week , 20 On The Year

Last edited by The Legend : 11-13-2007 at 05:45 PM.
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 07:29 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How big is Koren Robinson right now, the Packers can now go to four and five receiver sets with him, and just think he was a first round draft pick and proved that he could play in the nfl and now he is our fourth receiver, thats gotta be scary for opposing teams.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
How big is Koren Robinson right now, the Packers can now go to four and five receiver sets with him, and just think he was a first round draft pick and proved that he could play in the nfl and now he is our fourth receiver, thats gotta be scary for opposing teams.
I think he's going to be really solid for us. He's really playing himself into football shape. I think we'll see the best Koren Robinson at the end of the month.
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jim View Post
I think he's going to be really solid for us. He's really playing himself into football shape. I think we'll see the best Koren Robinson at the end of the month.
He seems to be progressing nicely. The guy is a hell of an athlete that's for sure. I hope the Packers continue to run a lot of 4 and 5 wide receiver sets because the talent is definitely there to do it.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 10:23 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
He seems to be progressing nicely. The guy is a hell of an athlete that's for sure. I hope the Packers continue to run a lot of 4 and 5 wide receiver sets because the talent is definitely there to do it.
Not many teams have the secondary depth to match up with that which makes it so effective. On top of the WRs we have Donald Lee aswell. I like the 3 wide sets with Driver, Jennings, and Jones split out with Lee on the line and Grant in the backfield. There is a lot of freedom as to what we can run from that formation.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=gnb

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:30 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Two random predictions:

Rouse plays well enough to earn himself playing time (somewhere on the defense) this year and next, even when Collins is healthy.

Brandon Jackson is cut next off season.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:32 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with the Rouse Prediction but im not entirely sure if TT would get rid of Jackson after 1 year
Old 11-15-2007, 03:14 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Sorry, but I'm still not liking Rouse. His strong point was supposed to be run support, but he can't tackle. He won't be able to beat out Bigby and has no chance at SLB over Poppinga.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

Quote:
Sorry, but I'm still not liking Rouse. His strong point was supposed to be run support, but he can't tackle. He won't be able to beat out Bigby and has no chance at SLB over Poppinga.
He can tackle. But he needs to learn, and probably did last Sunday, you can't always go for the big kill shot.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:08 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wish i was here for the no name defense thread

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

Hey guys i'd like to know, is Blackmon done for the year? Does he still have a future on this team. Something tells me we shouldnt give up on him even if he hs been injured a lot.
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favre4ever View Post
Hey guys i'd like to know, is Blackmon done for the year? Does he still have a future on this team. Something tells me we shouldnt give up on him even if he hs been injured a lot.
Blackmon is supposedly getting close to being able to practice again. I don't think Will's future on this team is bright if he can't stop getting hurt for long periods of time.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Blackmon is supposedly getting close to being able to practice again. I don't think Will's future on this team is bright if he can't stop getting hurt for long periods of time.
He had a great camp and before his injury he was about to take over Bush's spot on the depth chart. I remember him playing a good game in Minesota. Thanks for the info.
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:48 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
he not getting close, he done for the year. If we make it to the SB then he will be back.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:28 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

I meant to mention this earlier; Favre and Grant were named the Fedex air and ground players of the week. Favre has the most air awards this season with 4.
Old 11-18-2007, 03:53 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I meant to mention this earlier; Favre and Grant were named the Fedex air and ground players of the week. Favre has the most air awards this season with 4.
4 for #4!!!!!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't wait to see Favre put of 50 points on the Lions on Thursday.

This game would have been a hell of a lot more exciting if Detroit hadn't embarrassed themselves these past two weekends.