Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 11-11-2007, 07:20 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grossman played neither good nor bad. You really can't judge someone off of 14 throws.

If Griese is healthy he's our best option to win. If he's not, I'm fine with Grossman untill we are statistically out of the hunt. It's being VERY optomistic to assume that Orton is the answer.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Race for the Heisman
Veteran

Race for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Considering we have two third round picks and we could trade down in the first or second for another, what about Derek Anderson?
Race for the Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the issue with trading for Derek Anderson, or any QB for that matter is that he will get KILLED behind our OL. Derek Anderson wouldn't stand a chance without Thomas, Steinbech and the rest of their guys.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 08:18 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Exactly. Anderson is the same guy that got cut from Baltimore and couldn't beat out Charlie Frye in training camp. People need to stop pretending that he's anything more than a product of all the talent around him.

Old 11-11-2007, 08:29 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

51, what have you got against Orton? What have you seen past his rookie season that has made you such an Orton hater?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 08:38 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
51, what have you got against Orton? What have you seen past his rookie season that has made you such an Orton hater?
Well besides the fact that he's a drunkard that can't complete a pass past 5 yards...nothing. Orton has absolutely no control over his passes, which is why about 50% of them float over the recievers heads into nowhere land. As stupid as Grossman is (and trust me I'm not a fan of him as an option either) he at least has strong upside and is a viable starting QB when he gets time in the pocket. Orton to me is a decent backup that was basically a system QB at Purdue and has only endeared himself because there's a strong enough of a fanbase in Chicago that constantly wants to bench the QB for change's sake.

Like I said, if we're out of the playoff hunt for good then start away, but of the three Orton gives us the least chance to win, and I think it's very telling that since he "won" those 10 games as a starter he's been no higher than 3rd on the depth chart.

Old 11-11-2007, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Race for the Heisman
Veteran

Race for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I disagree to an extent. He's markably improved from what he displayed and pre-season and what he has done shows what he is capable of given appropriate surrounding talent, as you mentioned. I don't see any reason the Bears couldn't invest in an offense to the same extent the Browns have (Berrian/Draftee : Braylon Edwards :: Greg Olsen : Kellen Winslow II, and so forth), which could allow DA to have a similar level of production. The only reason I think you might call any such trade a waste (if Anderson could translate his play) would be if the organization was only going to provide enough offense for a custodian-type quarterback to give the team just enough offense to win. Given the new rule evolutions it seems to make more sense to win through offense first, but that's a seperate debate.

Edit: This is referencing Derek Anderson, not Orton as just mentioned.
Race for the Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 08:47 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Well besides the fact that he's a drunkard that can't complete a pass past 5 yards...nothing. Orton has absolutely no control over his passes, which is why about 50% of them float over the recievers heads into nowhere land. As stupid as Grossman is (and trust me I'm not a fan of him as an option either) he at least has strong upside and is a viable starting QB when he gets time in the pocket. Orton to me is a decent backup that was basically a system QB at Purdue and has only endeared himself because there's a strong enough of a fanbase in Chicago that constantly wants to bench the QB for change's sake.

Like I said, if we're out of the playoff hunt for good then start away, but of the three Orton gives us the least chance to win, and I think it's very telling that since he "won" those 10 games as a starter he's been no higher than 3rd on the depth chart.

I still dont get where you are getting this. Overlooking his rookie season, he hasnt had much PT besides preseason. If thats what you are referencing, I would have to disagree because he didnt look half bad. He also for a while had been challenging Griese's spot at #2. He didnt play badly his rookie season either. He did what he was asked to do, and besides that Cincy game, he managed the game very well. I think he is worth a 2nd look to see if he has improved since then (which all reports indicate that he has). Maybe he is a good QB, maybe he isnt, but I would like to find out before we go and draft a new one.

Quote:
Old 11-11-2007, 08:50 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

There's really nothing to substantiate that Orton was challenging Griese. He never bumped him in any preseason games.

Don't you think it's telling that nobody outside of Bears fans and a few clueless people in the media ever bring his name up? He's a 3rd string QB, there's a reason for that.

Old 11-11-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

Quote:
There's really nothing to substantiate that Orton was challenging Griese. He never bumped him in any preseason games.

Don't you think it's telling that nobody outside of Bears fans and a few clueless people in the media ever bring his name up? He's a 3rd string QB, there's a reason for that.
That doesnt mean a thing, look at DA people didnt bring him up besides to talk about how he lost the spot, and was competing w/ BQ. Look at him now ;)

Quote:
Old 11-11-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
k0ng
Rookie

k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.

Was it just me or did Danieal Manning look like a serviceable safety? I think it was more of the Raiders having such a horrible offense though. They made our whole D look good.

Rex looked good to. His arm is so much stronger than Griese's. No way Griese looks to his left and just chucks the ball down field to Berrian like that. His pocket awareness and mobility also seemed a lot better. He was moving around like he did before his injury problems. This was all against a bad and injury depleted Raiders team though. Although, I hope he performs well the rest of the year.

Benson...dunno. The o-line looked pretty bad except for a few plays. Benson did pick up a couple of crucial first downs. I think we should keep him, but he would be better suited as a 1a type of back. The Raiders are really bad against the run and he was only able to muster 80 yards on 30 carries. We need to draft a back that compliments Benson and hopefully a revamped o-line. Wolfe got on the field and almost fumbled the ball twice on the same play. Don't think he is the answer.

Urlacher also worries me. I sure hope they figure out what is going on and fix it. Did you guys see that clip of him and Culpepper before the game?
k0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 09:46 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ng View Post
Was it just me or did Danieal Manning look like a serviceable safety? I think it was more of the Raiders having such a horrible offense though. They made our whole D look good.

Rex looked good to. His arm is so much stronger than Griese's. No way Griese looks to his left and just chucks the ball down field to Berrian like that. His pocket awareness and mobility also seemed a lot better. He was moving around like he did before his injury problems. This was all against a bad and injury depleted Raiders team though. Although, I hope he performs well the rest of the year.
D. Manning looked like he was actually playing the game... I mean, he actually hit that WR mid in the 4th with McBride and popped the ball out... Yes i got up and said, wtf, the kid can hit sort of!

Rex's arm is light years better than griese's. He looked managable from 15 passes, yes he got sacked twice, once was a coverage sack, the other was an overload sack where tait couldn't pick up the blitz. but, on that 59 yarder, four seconds, four seconds, found the open reciever, and made the throw. Credit Berrian for actually looking like a reciever too and showing some elusiveness.

Credit the raiders though for having a secondary that will dominate for years to come. now if they could only get warren sapp to dominate.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 02:13 AM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grossman's throw to Berrian still wasn't an improvement in technique or mechanics, he still threw off his back foot, and basically stared him down. Berrian got the better of the corner, and we got lucky. Every game from here on out is the last.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 06:20 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post
Grossman's throw to Berrian still wasn't an improvement in technique or mechanics, he still threw off his back foot, and basically stared him down. Berrian got the better of the corner, and we got lucky. Every game from here on out is the last.

Very good point, I thought that Rex threw off his back foot on that, but I wasnt 100%.

Quote:
Old 11-12-2007, 09:08 AM    (permalink
k0ng
Rookie

k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post
I'm pretty sure he looked to the other side of the field first, then threw it to Berrian. I didn't notice him throwing off his back foot though. Was still a nice throw.
k0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 09:15 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Yeah he definately didn't stare him down.

Old 11-12-2007, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he didn't stare down Berrian, but it was quite obvious he was the intended receiver the whole time. Rexy was going deep if Berrian was open or not.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://kissmesuzy.blogspot.com/2007/11/throwgasm.html

Old 11-12-2007, 04:52 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I was looking on youtube for a replay of the Grossman throw and I found a fan video made by Sweetness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMXBv2_ZN_c

It's touching sweetness. Really.

Old 11-12-2007, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing about Rex Grossman is that's he's not good. The worst thing that could happen to this team is for them to restore their faith in them.

sig by VLS
Quote:
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
I was looking on youtube for a replay of the Grossman throw and I found a fan video made by Sweetness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMXBv2_ZN_c

It's touching sweetness. Really.
He made another video as well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3PrOu-YBv0

or is this one sweetness?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlIqEL5m9_s

Old 11-14-2007, 03:08 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's baaaaccccckkkkkk!!! :D

Haha, this could get really, really interesting. I'm actually scared to see him play on Sunday, isn't that sad? Rex, I love ya buddy but you better step it up on Sunday.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

you know why you are scared to see him play? Because you're in love with him but you know he sucks.

Old 11-14-2007, 05:35 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
you know why you are scared to see him play? Because you're in love with him but you know he sucks.
Yup....:D

Oh and Smokey, Northwestern sucks!

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Yup....:D

Oh and Smokey, Northwestern sucks!
You won't be saying that when Northwestern pulls off a huge upset and slaughters the Illini.