Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-13-2007, 03:46 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default lmao: "Dallas beats NY, Skip Bayless's head explodes

http://www.theboysblog.com/

Scroll down for the article.

Is there anyone in the entire United States of America that takes Skip Bayless seriously? Is he not the definition of a talking head? And why does he still have a job?

He literally makes prediction after prediction that is not only immediately proven incorrect, but doesn't even make sense at the time its made! I don't watch him much, but every now and then I'll catch a few minutes of 1st and 10....and sure enough, there's Skip making the normal horses ass out of himself. At what point is enough enough?
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Skip Bayless is everything that is wrong with Sports Journalism. I don't even want to call him a journalist, more like some kind of sports plague.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 04:30 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Skip Bayless is everything that is wrong with Sports Journalism. I don't even want to call him a journalist, more like some kind of sports plague.
I would say journalism in general. Poor use of facts to generate idiotic (controversial) opinions to suit the positions he wishes to advocate.

Ever read the New York Times? Basically Advocacy Journalism.

Not that the Earth is getting warmer because it routinely undergoes these changes but Humans are destroying the environment. Not that Government routiney fails in delivering its programs and is filled with corruption and incompetance but that the Private Sector is greedy. Not that the Troop surge has improved things in Iraq but that the War is lost so bring the troops home .... and so frth and so on.

Basically it is --- take your opinion as gospel and find facts to support it, ignore facts that disprove your point, attack the other's opinions and facts as being false, and then demonize the other advocate with ad hominem attacks.

He is playing the game which only the truly stupid buy into.

Last edited by cowboysforever : 11-13-2007 at 04:33 PM.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 05:22 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever View Post
I would say journalism in general. Poor use of facts to generate idiotic (controversial) opinions to suit the positions he wishes to advocate.

Ever read the New York Times? Basically Advocacy Journalism.

Not that the Earth is getting warmer because it routinely undergoes these changes but Humans are destroying the environment. Not that Government routiney fails in delivering its programs and is filled with corruption and incompetance but that the Private Sector is greedy. Not that the Troop surge has improved things in Iraq but that the War is lost so bring the troops home .... and so frth and so on.

Basically it is --- take your opinion as gospel and find facts to support it, ignore facts that disprove your point, attack the other's opinions and facts as being false, and then demonize the other advocate with ad hominem attacks.

He is playing the game which only the truly stupid buy into.
Wow, I didn't know you were capable of a post like that. Bravo and 100% QFT.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 05:34 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I cant stand Skip, I stopped watching 1st and 10 a long time ago because of him, he has had everything negative in the world to say about Romo since forever, and he will still find a way to cop out when Romo plays well, then when he has one bad game pop up screaming "i told you so", its very old now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And the more and more people who talk about him leads to more and more people listening to him...

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 06:23 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
Wow, I didn't know you were capable of a post like that. Bravo and 100% QFT.
Thanks ... I think.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I also enjoyed the part about Rick Gosselin planning trips to Detroit and Green Bay in search of new teams to promote against Dallas. I'm so sick of his writing season after season about what a perfect franchise Philadelphia and how great their drafts are, etc. I don't expect local writers to be total homers, but with this guy, I'm always thinking "What the $#%! are you doing writing for a Dallas paper?"
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote