Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC South Division Forum

NFC South Division Forum Discuss the NFC South

Old 11-18-2007, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Question: How does that crow taste?

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is why I never partake in this kind of buffoonery.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 07:25 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
Question: How does that crow taste?
Tasty. ;)

(10 chars)

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 08:22 PM    (permalink
BucSappy
Veteran

BucSappy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What about that sig bet?
BucSappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im asking BeansDooma to make the sig
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Watchman
Veteran

Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.

That was a freaking beat down. Good to see G. Adams make some plays. Wish I would have started Graham on my FF team. I left a lot of points on the bench this week.

My Grandfather
Watchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:14 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
This is why I never partake in this kind of buffoonery.
Because you're not delusional and you have common sense?

I was 99% sure the Bucs would win, but it's still not worth the risk because I actually like my sig, thank you.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:40 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I like my sig too, but honestly the Bucs aren't that good...I haven't seen the game yet, but I heard we had a TD called back on a hold early on that would have set the tempo differently. I heard we just had a lot of things go wrong. I'm not impressed with the Bucs, but they did beat us, so whenever the sig comes around I'll sport it for however long, since we didn't set any parameters...
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 11:14 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
I like my sig too, but honestly the Bucs aren't that good...I haven't seen the game yet, but I heard we had a TD called back on a hold early on that would have set the tempo differently. I heard we just had a lot of things go wrong. I'm not impressed with the Bucs, but they did beat us, so whenever the sig comes around I'll sport it for however long, since we didn't set any parameters...
Its until the next matchup, so week 15
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
wear the opposing team's sig (designer's choice) until the next matchup...
Quote:
The Falcons were completely outplayed. You can blame it on a bad call or what could have been (maybe) a change in tempo, but the fact is the Buc's dominated. You have been pretty stubborn so I doubt you'll believe me this time; you haven't in any of my other posts. But I'm sure, yet again, the Buc's will prove they are easily better than the Falcons in Week 15.

Old 11-19-2007, 01:17 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I watched the whole game, until the middle of the 3rd quarter. We were pretty much manhandled. I liked our OL blocking though, more than usual. It was just Leftwich's fault he got sacked so much. He held on for so long, and then you add his 2 hour release, and thats pretty much what you get. A bunch of FFs. Our running game had a hard time getting set up. Rudd was everywhere. I think our WRs did a decent job, but Leftwich couldnt get them the ball. Robinson was SO open one play, its not even funny. The next closest guy was like 6 yards away, and Leftwich overthrew.

Even our defense did a bad job. Graham and the OL were having their way. But damn JA. When healthy, I think he is a top5 DE. He was held like every play. But we gave up some big plays, but I guess thats whats expected when you are in an aggressive scheme and aggressive CBs (damn Hall. What happened?! Youve always shut down Galloway).

But I think the Bucs might be a sleeper team. Their defense is very underrated because of lack of big names. Number 91 did a good job today. Rudd that beast. Solid safety combo. And Garcia at QB is very effective.

Hook me up with that sig. How long am I supposed to wear it?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 11-19-2007, 02:46 AM    (permalink
BucSappy
Veteran

Quote:
You probably still actually think that Atlanta is a better team than Tampa don't you?
Old 11-19-2007, 02:54 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucSappy View Post
You probably still actually think that Atlanta is a better team than Tampa don't you?
Everyone is allowed to have their own opinion :D

Old 11-19-2007, 03:02 AM    (permalink
BucSappy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
Everyone is allowed to have their own opinion :D
Apparently 3-7>6-4 according to iloxyhomer
Old 11-19-2007, 03:04 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Did you get Assassins Creed? I really want to play it.

Old 11-19-2007, 10:47 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Are you kidding me? I don't know what TD you're talking about, I saw the whole game. If anyone got unlucky it was us. That Roddy White fumble where Kelyl lateraled to June was ********. Cato was clearly down before the ball came out. Then there was a Dunn fumble where he caught the ball but they reversed it because they said he didn't get both feet down. Then there was Pittman's fumble which easily could've been an incomplete pass, and a couple of drops on key downs. The score could've been 60-7 if those plays went our way, so don't even try those excuses. Your team was dominated, manhandled and destroyed, there's no way around it. The only thing that was unfair for the Falcons was Abraham vs. Penn. It looked like a wrestling match but the officials only called holding once on Penn.

One thing I was looking out for in this game was Blalock vs. Sears and who would play better. Before the season I thought we should've taken Blalock instead of Sears. Sears played well, while Blalock was victimized by Haye on one play where he overcommitted to the inside. I'm happy with our pick now.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by etk : 11-19-2007 at 10:51 AM.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Watchman
Veteran

Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
You formed a pretty strong opinion of the Bucs for a guy who didn't even watch the game yet. You aren't impressed with a team that just beat your team 31-7?

The KO return for a TD that was called back for a hold happened when the score was 17-0 or 24-0. The game was over at that point given the way the Falcons were playing. They did have a lot of things go wrong though. WRs, typically, couldn't catch, they couldn't run, couldn't stop the run, couldn't hold onto the ball, couldn't protect the QB, etc.

NFL.com's quick take on the game summarizes everything nicely:

It was over when ...
Jeff Garcia threw a 44-yard touchdown bomb to the ageless Joey Galloway to give Tampa Bay a 7-0 lead. The rest of the Bucs' points were merely cosmetic, given the scuffling Falcons offense.

My Grandfather
Old 11-19-2007, 01:24 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm not impressed with them at all...I started watching the game...the Falcons played flat that i've seen so far. Deangelo got torched cause his eyes were so far in the backfield, he deserved that, I just wanna know why Crocker was in the middle of the field instead of coming over the top...oh well. The Barber TD...give me a break...luckiest / unluckiest bounce I've ever seen. The Cato play was your coach's fault...he challenged the wrong thing...can't blame that on anything other than that.

What I want to see is when Joey gets in the game 16/20...I mean why not make the change earlier when we saw the rust...I dunno. I'm not impressed with the Bucs, they couldn't do anything in the playoffs anyway, so yeah, they'll win the division (LIKE I SAID BEFORE THE SEASON STARTED) but they are less than impressive in their play.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 03:04 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

DeAngelo Hall tried to jump the slant. He plays aggressive like that. Our whole defense plays aggressive (almost too much.) Thats a huge reason why we our defense has so many turnovers.

Old 11-19-2007, 03:21 PM    (permalink
BucSappy
Veteran

Quote:
...they are less than impressive in their play.
Question: How many points did your team score during the first 58:30 minutes of the game?

iloxygenil's Answer: ...

Old 11-19-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Watchman
Veteran

Quote:
I'm not impressed with them at all...I started watching the game...the Falcons played flat that i've seen so far. Deangelo got torched cause his eyes were so far in the backfield, he deserved that, I just wanna know why Crocker was in the middle of the field instead of coming over the top...oh well. The Barber TD...give me a break...luckiest / unluckiest bounce I've ever seen. The Cato play was your coach's fault...he challenged the wrong thing...can't blame that on anything other than that.

What I want to see is when Joey gets in the game 16/20...I mean why not make the change earlier when we saw the rust...I dunno. I'm not impressed with the Bucs, they couldn't do anything in the playoffs anyway, so yeah, they'll win the division (LIKE I SAID BEFORE THE SEASON STARTED) but they are less than impressive in their play.
Man if you aren't impressed with the Bucs I'd hate to hear what you think about the Falcons. Oh, I forgot, it is all unlucky bounces and playing flat.

You'll see a very soft defense once Joey gets in the game.

My Grandfather
Old 11-19-2007, 04:15 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:

I'm not gonna reiterate the same points that my fellow fans have stated. All I'm gonna ask is why are you "not impressed with the Bucs". I already know what answer to expect anyway..."you'll see, they're just not good" just like you guaranteed I'd "see" the incredible phenomenon that is Sharod White & Laurent Robinson.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-19-2007, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
I'm not gonna reiterate the same points that my fellow fans have stated. All I'm gonna ask is why are you "not impressed with the Bucs". I already know what answer to expect anyway..."you'll see, they're just not good" just like you guaranteed I'd "see" the incredible phenomenon that is Sharod White & Laurent Robinson.
I can tell you why etk.

Because he is a FALCON HOMER! Just like another Falcon fan who shall be quoted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post

You guys are lucky we didnt unleash Joey Harrington until late in the game whenit was out of reach. You guys would have been blown the **** out.

Last edited by Caddy : 11-19-2007 at 05:24 PM.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:17 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Wow seriously? Did you not detect the sarcasm there, or what?

Old 11-19-2007, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Wow seriously? Did you not detect the sarcasm there, or what?
Considering you also said this, who knows what to expect.

Quote:
Makes me feel sad I actually thought we could have won.