Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-16-2007, 01:14 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lions for Lambs is good if you like a movie with a lot of dialogue that makes you think. Not much action, but I enjoyed it.

Edit: 1,000 replies. Nice.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 01:15 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Lions for Lambs is good if you like a movie with a lot of dialogue that makes you think. Not much action, but I enjoyed it.
i like Robert Redford probley my favorite actor of all time so i plan on watching it when i have time

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 01:16 AM    (permalink
osi+ap=allshallperish
Rookie

osi+ap=allshallperish hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Is it actually any good? I heard Redford's finally gone senile and Tom Cruise is his typical mentally handicapped self.
osi+ap=allshallperish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 02:20 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked it, but it will be pretty much what you expect it to be, no twists or anything, and as i said earlier it's not as preachy as I thought it would be
Old 11-16-2007, 02:26 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
i like Robert Redford probley my favorite actor of all time so i plan on watching it when i have time
Spy Game is one of my favorite movies ever. Redford is awesome in that movie have you ever seen it?

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The past two days I've seen Beowulf and No Country for Old Men. Beowulf looks absolutely stunning in 3-D and has some excellent action scenes but not much else. And it really twists around the source material. I'd recommend it though simply for seeing it in 3-D.

No Country for Old Men on the other hand, is a fantastic movie. It does have a bit of an open ending(which follows the book), but I loved the ending and overall the movie is probably my favorite of the year.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 09:57 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
No Country for Old Men on the other hand, is a fantastic movie. It does have a bit of an open ending(which follows the book), but I loved the ending and overall the movie is probably my favorite of the year.
No Country was excellent, and I highly recommend everyone go see it. But my favorite movie of the year would still either be, Ratatouille or The Assasination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 10:00 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

watched Transformers and SiCKO- transformers had amazing special effects and sicko really opened my eyes

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 10:25 PM    (permalink
osi+ap=allshallperish
Rookie

osi+ap=allshallperish hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscbadgerfootball View Post
watched Transformers and SiCKO- transformers had amazing special effects and sicko really opened my eyes
I love it when Michael Moore movies open people's eyes. Cause you know that at that same moment as people's minds open their brain's and objectivity close. Michael Moore has to be one of the most blatantly biased and deceitful makers of propoganda since riefenstahl. Even Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth was more objective and used less scare tactics...may be not, but still, moore's absurd, his movies make Loose Change and The Great Global Warming Swindle seem like actually documentaries.
osi+ap=allshallperish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 07:38 AM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw Beowulf the other day as well, cant say I really liked it much. Was worth it though just for all the 13 year old chavs being like 'wtf' and leaving half way through.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:19 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HChu View Post
No Country was excellent, and I highly recommend everyone go see it. But my favorite movie of the year would still either be, Ratatouille or The Assasination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.
im going to see No Country today.

I still can't wait till A of JJ b CRF comes out on video.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:55 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone notice that all the characters in Beowulf all have their actors likeness except for Beowulf. Who is played by Ray Winstone...a.k.a. Mr. French. (The Departed) He got jipped...understandablly he doesnt have "the look" of an epic hero but, atleast all the other characters have some visual likeness to their actor that play them.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by osi+ap=allshallperish View Post
I love it when Michael Moore movies open people's eyes. Cause you know that at that same moment as people's minds open their brain's and objectivity close. Michael Moore has to be one of the most blatantly biased and deceitful makers of propoganda since riefenstahl. Even Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth was more objective and used less scare tactics...may be not, but still, moore's absurd, his movies make Loose Change and The Great Global Warming Swindle seem like actually documentaries.
I don't really have a problem with Moore, especially his movie Sicko. What in that movie isn't true? Sure, he dramatizes some stuff but that is expected out of a filmmaker. He's trying to raise awareness for something and without making it dramatic nobody will take notice.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkLZ0uIEoSE

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0478087/

Looks like it could be a good movie. I know the real story about this and it's definitely interesting. They obviously took some liberties with the story (I can tell from the trailer) but none the less this looks like a solid movie. I for one and pumped to see it.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:21 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkLZ0uIEoSE

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0478087/

Looks like it could be a good movie. I know the real story about this and it's definitely interesting. They obviously took some liberties with the story (I can tell from the trailer) but none the less this looks like a solid movie. I for one and pumped to see it.
A smart "Rounders"?

Old 11-19-2007, 08:26 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

saw 3:10 to Yuma last night i liked the movie a lot Russell Crowe and Christian Bale where awesome, the only problem i had with the movie is that Luke Wilson was in it

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 08:28 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
saw 3:10 to Yuma last night i liked the movie a lot Russell Crowe and Christian Bale where awesome, the only problem i had with the movie is that Luke Wilson was in it
Luke Wilson, talk about a faltering career.

Old 11-19-2007, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just finished "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind", and I loved it. The screenplay itself was so unconventional and creative and the overall look of it was just so well done. Some may find Michel Gondry's stuff a little over the top, but I enjoy it. I'm probably going to get "The Science of Sleep" tomorrow, just to check more of his stuff out. Also looking forward for "Be Kind Rewind", whenever the hell it comes out.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Just finished "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind", and I loved it. The screenplay itself was so unconventional and creative and the overall look of it was just so well done. Some may find Michel Gondry's stuff a little over the top, but I enjoy it. I'm probably going to get "The Science of Sleep" tomorrow, just to check more of his stuff out. Also looking forward for "Be Kind Rewind", whenever the hell it comes out.
Eternal Sunshine was a good one. More tommorow.

Old 11-19-2007, 09:11 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are some good movies, for WWII. I am going to be at home for break and want to uh get movies from the internet legally.

Got a list
Old 11-19-2007, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've always enjoyed the Band of Brothers series. More than I did Saving Private Ryan.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 09:16 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
What are some good movies, for WWII. I am going to be at home for break and want to uh get movies from the internet legally.

Got a list
eh its not WWII but its war black hawk down i really liked it

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Got a list
You could watch The Thin Red Line, one of the most boring movies I've ever watched.

Saving Private Ryan is a classic and one the more highly regarded WWII movies.

Band of Brothers is sort of like a movie and it's very good from what I hear but I haven't been able to watch it yet.

Schindler's List has been reviewed as one of the greatest films of all-time.

Enemy At The Gates is a personal favourite.

That's a few off the top of my head. I'm not really into war-genre movies but that's a good start if you haven't explored the genre very much.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:19 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have Ryan, Band of Brothers,

Enemy at the Gates is that the movie about the Russian Sniper.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Have Ryan, Band of Brothers,

Enemy at the Gates is that the movie about the Russian Sniper.
Yes, and it's definitely worth a watch if you haven't seen it. Jude Law (protag) and Ed Harris (antag) are the two main characters.