Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC South Division Forum

NFC South Division Forum Discuss the NFC South

Old 11-19-2007, 10:15 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 2nd statement (about winning) was about how I acted before the game. I thought we had a fair chance.

I was clearly wrong.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 11:46 PM    (permalink
dbtb135
Rookie

dbtb135 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
but I heard we had a TD called back on a hold early on that would have set the tempo differently.
Quote:
The Cato play was your coach's fault...he challenged the wrong thing...can't blame that on anything other than that.
So let me get this straight......the right call gets made and you play 'what if'. The wrong call gets made and it's on us? That seems pretty hypocritical of you.
dbtb135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:53 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

How so? If the coach had challenged the right thing you would have gotten the ball...cause he was down, but your coach screwed up...
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 12:13 AM    (permalink
BucSappy
Veteran

BucSappy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Question: Are the Pats a good team?

Iloxyhomer's Answer: They're okay. Nothing like the Falcons. Roddy White, Laurent Robinson, Jerious Norwood...SUPER BOWL BABY!!!!!!!!!!!
BucSappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 12:17 AM    (permalink
dbtb135
Rookie

dbtb135 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
How so? If the coach had challenged the right thing you would have gotten the ball...cause he was down, but your coach screwed up...
Because the ref could have made the right call in the first place, yet you blame the blown opportunity on Gruden and only Gruden? Maybe? Something like that?
dbtb135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 12:27 AM    (permalink
BucSappy
Veteran

BucSappy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
First of all, Atlanta leads the NFC in turnover differential (hrmm...wonder who gets those turnovers?) Atlanta's defense allowed 11 points average in the last 2 games, against offenses that aren't missing their only REAL running back.
Atlanta Turnovers: 4
Buc Turnovers: 2

Your response?

Quote:
Secondly, your pass defense is no better than those we've faced to this point in the season and you're not going to stop the high percentage passes we've been throwing all season.
Byron Leftwich: 15/28, 106 (3.8 average...yay), 2 interceptions

Quote:
Thirdly, Joey Harrington is our starting QB as of right now
Good call, again.

Quote:
Fourth, Your pass rush is lackluster at best...you have no Pro Bowl DEs coming after QBs...we have John Abraham...we have Rod Coleman. Our offensive line the has been coming together, and Blalock is locking in, now that Weiner is healthy you can count 1 of your DEs as not being on the field.
4 sacks. Who is that Weiner guy again?

Quote:
Fifth...the Falcons are at home, a place that even though they haven't been great overall have done pretty well in.
31-0 with 1:30 left in the game. Good call.

Quote:
Sixth...Warrick Dunn is going to break the 10k yard mark against the team that drafted him. We're sticking with the run and being successful the last 2 weeks.
Warrick Dunn: 15 carries, 32 yards, 2.1 average, longest run was 6 yards.

9974 career rushing yards. Again, this iloxyhomer guy really knows his defenses.

Quote:
Seventh...Our corners can boast that even with a lackluster corps last season that your BIG threat receiver had what 1 catch against us last SEASON? Yeah...Joey may as well fake an injury. Outside of that Houston stepped up and is seeing the game slow down for him so your passing attack won't be getting any big plays. Garcia makes good reads and we won't be getting a lot of turnovers from INTs, but you won't either.
Joey Galloway: 2 catches for 63 yards, including the first score of the game. No big plays?

Quote:
This is going to be a fun game to watch, especially with people like you out there who think your team has no holes, when it's full of them
What was that? Something about accusing of people of thinking their team is the most awesomeness? 31-7. Be quiet. We own this division. Eat it. Love it. Digest it and make sure you feel it go down your tum tum tummy.

Last edited by BucSappy : 11-21-2007 at 01:15 AM.
BucSappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 01:52 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate to bring this up again, no wait, I love bringing this up again.

And Someone make the stupid signature for the Falcon Fans to wear.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 05:27 PM    (permalink
JAlexander

They changed the ruling on the Hovan INT. It's been changed to a Gaines Adams sack and FF, recovered by Hovan. So Adams had 2 sacks and a FF.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAlexander View Post
They changed the ruling on the Hovan INT. It's been changed to a Gaines Adams sack and FF, recovered by Hovan. So Adams had 2 sacks and a FF.
I'm glad for Gaines. He is slowly but surely establishing himself in the NFL.

Old 11-22-2007, 11:44 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Joey Harrington at that moment WAS the starting QB...so...strike one for you...
Weiner got injured...strike 2 for you
Leftwich had 1 INT (and wasn't the QB that had been throwing the high percentage passes)...strike 3

Happy Thanksgiving.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:00 PM    (permalink
BNad
Rookie

BNad hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'd say we definitely got our asses handed to us. However, I don't see why people are knocking Roddy White and Laurent Robinson in this thread?
BNad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 02:27 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Cause they don't know anything...Roddy did have a rough day with that fumble though...sad...
Old 11-22-2007, 02:52 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Cause they don't know anything...Roddy did have a rough day with that fumble though...sad...
Did you not just see the flaws that BucSappy just pointed out. You've been burned multiple times in this thread yet you just keep jawing away. You have no credibility in NFC discussion and you're nothing but a bloody hypocrite when you accuse others of having a lack of knowledge. Roddy and Laurent sucked against a good defense, just like your whole team did. Stop arguing a losing battle and accept defeat. That would be a good way to start fresh and get people to stop calling you iloxyhomer.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 10:15 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

I haven't been burned though, that's the thing...the items that have been brought up I've already shown to be false. Yes, the Falcons lost the game, but that's the only ACTUAL burn...and guess what...doesn't really matter at this point. I've prolly forgotten more information than you've ever known as far as what's actually going on out there, and simply because people like to read into what is said instead of reading what was said...they think they burn...but to me, it's just them making a fool of themselves.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:19 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I haven't been burned though, that's the thing...the items that have been brought up I've already shown to be false. Yes, the Falcons lost the game, but that's the only ACTUAL burn...and guess what...doesn't really matter at this point. I've prolly forgotten more information than you've ever known as far as what's actually going on out there, and simply because people like to read into what is said instead of reading what was said...they think they burn...but to me, it's just them making a fool of themselves.
You've done a lot of that in this thread already. Just keep up the good work, we're all waiting on your next outrageous statement.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-22-2007, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Like how the Buccaneers pass defense isn't better than anything you've faced this year and that the Buc's pass rush is lackluster? Because you said both of those things and they both pretty much won the Buc's the game.

You have been burned constantly in this thread and it's past the point of being funny.

Old 11-23-2007, 09:05 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

I haven't though...yeah...I was wrong about the outcome of the game...but oh well
Old 11-23-2007, 09:28 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I haven't though...yeah...I was wrong about the outcome of the game...but oh well
So you didn't say the Bucs pass rush was lackluster? You didn't say that Roddy & Laurent would have monster days while Galloway would be shut down? You didn't say Dunn would have a huge day? You didn't say our corners are pathetic?

You're living in a dream world buddy. Wake up and smell the truth, it's sitting right in front of you in this exact thread.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-23-2007, 04:25 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Your pass rush is pathetic to be honest...our offensive line is cut and pasted together and you managed to LIGHT it up? Give me a break...no you didn't. Your corners are pretty sad, Roddy and Laurent are good...Roddy is real good...that's all I was talking about. Joey did get one big play, so I was wrong about that, but it's not like he lit the world on fire, one big play. I said Dunn would get to 10k...didn't say he would have a huge day...see...that's the problem...people don't read what is ACTUALLY said...they read into what is said.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:02 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Your pass rush is pathetic to be honest...our offensive line is cut and pasted together and you managed to LIGHT it up? Give me a break...no you didn't. Your corners are pretty sad, Roddy and Laurent are good...Roddy is real good...that's all I was talking about. Joey did get one big play, so I was wrong about that, but it's not like he lit the world on fire, one big play. I said Dunn would get to 10k...didn't say he would have a huge day...see...that's the problem...people don't read what is ACTUALLY said...they read into what is said.
Stats don't lie
Did our pass rush light it up? Most definitely. 5 sacks. 3 FF.
Did Roddy & Laurent look good? No. 71 yards combined. Lost fumble by White.
Did Galloway burn your "all-world stud corner"? Yes, badly. He would've done it again and again but we build up such a huge lead that we just ran the ball conservatively.
Did Dunn get the 10K you said he would? No, he was terrible. 32 yards on 2.1 YPC.

You can keep diverting from what you said, or you could just own it up to your mistakes and blatant wrongs. Not even the best lawyer in North America can justify what you said as being correct, so stop trying to make excuses and stop avoiding the issue. By doing that, you just make yourself look even more silly, either that or you're blind/mentally incapable. Roddy & Laurent are real good but our corners are sad? Do you have any idea how ridiculous that sounds after what happened on Sunday and even the history of the two sides. Ronde is an All-Pro cornerback with a reputation that precedes himself. Phillip Buchanon is one of the fastest players in the league and has improved his tackling and technique in our system to become a solid corner. Brian Kelly was a dominant corner before he found the injury bug. Roddy White was nothing short of terrible in his first two seasons in the league. Laurent Robinson is a Day 2 rookie that has proven nothing. Somehow those 2 scrubs are better than our acclaimed corners and pass defense, even after they were shut down by said defense.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by etk : 11-23-2007 at 07:06 PM.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:08 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, it looks like the Saints will go possibly 8-8 this year, or we won't. God knows no one can determine what the Saints will do. Being a fan of this team sucks.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 10:41 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Stats don't lie
Did our pass rush light it up? Most definitely. 5 sacks. 3 FF. (Against one of the if not the worst Offensive Line anywhere, that's not what you guys were saying it would be)
Did Roddy & Laurent look good? No. 71 yards combined. Lost fumble by White. (They looked fine, when they were open they weren't getting the ball when Lefty was in the game)
Did Galloway burn your "all-world stud corner"? Yes, badly. He would've done it again and again but we build up such a huge lead that we just ran the ball conservatively. (He couldn't do it again, and again, he bit on a move that wasn't sold he just guessed and that's why he got burned, Wayne tried it this week and he's 10x the receiver Galloway is, and it ended up in an interception, if they could have done it again and again they would have run the score way up, as much as they could have to prove a point)
Did Dunn get the 10K you said he would? No, he was terrible. 32 yards on 2.1 YPC. I already said i was wrong about the 10k, obviously I was wrong, didn't say he was a great runner, go look ANYWHERE I post and I wanted to get rid of Dunn 2 years ago...
Old 11-24-2007, 12:50 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Stats don't lie
Did our pass rush light it up? Most definitely. 5 sacks. 3 FF. (Against one of the if not the worst Offensive Line anywhere, that's not what you guys were saying it would be)
Did Roddy & Laurent look good? No. 71 yards combined. Lost fumble by White. (They looked fine, when they were open they weren't getting the ball when Lefty was in the game)
Did Galloway burn your "all-world stud corner"? Yes, badly. He would've done it again and again but we build up such a huge lead that we just ran the ball conservatively. (He couldn't do it again, and again, he bit on a move that wasn't sold he just guessed and that's why he got burned, Wayne tried it this week and he's 10x the receiver Galloway is, and it ended up in an interception, if they could have done it again and again they would have run the score way up, as much as they could have to prove a point)
Did Dunn get the 10K you said he would? No, he was terrible. 32 yards on 2.1 YPC. I already said i was wrong about the 10k, obviously I was wrong, didn't say he was a great runner, go look ANYWHERE I post and I wanted to get rid of Dunn 2 years ago...
Reggie Wayne wouldn't have half the impact Galloway does in our offense, I'll say that. They're different receivers that benefit differently from their offenses, but it's hard to argue that Wayne is more skilled than Galloway. Galloway is about .4 sec faster than Wayne and has more savvy running routes. Wayne is good at comebacks and posts, that's it. He has Manning throwing him the ball.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-24-2007, 01:09 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Wayne .4seconds slower than Galloway? Really? I know you're trying to make a point...but did you mean .04? Galloway runs what 4.4ish? maybe a mid 4.3? So you think Reggie runs a 4.7-4.8? Come on...

Reggie is a better WR than Galloway. The point is that you couldn't have pulled that route again...he didn't even sell the slant...I don't think it was a Sluggo I think it was just Hall picking the wrong route. Seemed like a straight go to me...
Old 11-24-2007, 01:33 PM    (permalink
BNad
Rookie

BNad hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Haha, that is a pretty funny sig. I wouldn't, however, overlook the caliber of our offensive line and the amount of time Leftwich took in the pocket. I wouldn't call it a bad pass rush, but I think they looked better than they might be at this point in time.

Galloway had the one big play where Hall bit hard, but other than that I didn't see much from him. And... yeah... .4 seconds clearly isn't right.
BNad is offline   Reply With Quote