Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-04-2006, 09:07 AM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock07
(Winner: LSU (please ND pull off an upset! I bet on you for some dumb reason)

That sucks for you, cause they might call this game at halftime. LSU rools over a crappy, overrated, slow ND team.

LSU 45
ND 3
LSU is not gonna keep them out of the endzone.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:02 AM    (permalink
LSU Man
Rookie

LSU Man hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

People said we would lose to Miami too but we see how that went
Old 12-04-2006, 11:48 AM    (permalink
AceInTheHole94
Veteran

AceInTheHole94 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU Man
You're the favorite...
AceInTheHole94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 01:18 PM    (permalink
TIP
Veteran

TIP hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU Man
No ones saying you are gonna lose.. :?

Props to Darnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Why couldn't Helen Keller drive?

She was a woman.
^^^^^^
OMFG LMAO
TIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 06:59 PM    (permalink
JPLUFF
Veteran

JPLUFF hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

are the homers the only ones voting for Notre Dame?

LSU will win by at least 2 touchdowns.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:39 PM    (permalink
T.Smith
Rookie

T.Smith hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Anyone who thinks ND has a chance is a homer, plain and simple. ND has only beat 1 ranked team in the past 2 years, that being #25 GT, it witch imo they should have lost.
If it was any other team they would not be in the BCS. They have no chance at beating a top tier team. I plan on gambling some money big time on this game to some ND homer.
T.Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 07:40 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Smith
Anyone who thinks ND has a chance is a homer, plain and simple. ND has only beat 1 ranked team in the past 2 years, that being #25 GT, it witch imo they should have lost.
If it was any other team they would not be in the BCS. They have no chance at beating a top tier team. I plan on gambling some money big time on this game to some ND homer.
They beat (at the time) #3 Michigan and #20 Penn State the last 2 years.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:46 PM    (permalink
IrishBrowns
Rookie

IrishBrowns hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

well...obviously a ND fan...

I'm worried

our defense is just too bad.

but if our offensive line steps up we have a chance.....but that doesnt seem likely

but since Quinn was getting in their grills against USC, hopefully the OL will come out and play with their potential and Quinn will shine, especially the idea of Quinn in a dome

but whats probably gonna happen is Quinn is gonna get hurried like 15 times, sacked 3 times, and again Quinn will be bashed for not winning against good teams, although if his line does "alright" we have a chance, but the fact is they will probably blow chunks.
IrishBrowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 02:04 AM    (permalink
BleedEaglesGreen218

Man, I really wanted to see my Tigers play in the Rose Bowl this year: I think LSU-Michigan would've been a great game and I would've loved to play USC and get revenge for that co-national championship, but I'll settle for beating the piss out of Brady Quinn and Notre Dame.

I know I'm extremely biased but LSU would have to work pretty hard to lose this game, I'm not saying a another 4 or 5 turnover performance wouldn't do the trick, but the way they've been playing as of late, coupled with their offensive firepower vs. a porous ND defense means they should be in good shape for this game. Expect to see a lot of Keiland Williams, he's been coming on strong as of late (thank god, as much as I love Hester, this kid's special and he's gonna break out!). JaMarcus better have a strong game as well against that weak secondary, Bowe, Davis and Doucet are all extremely talented and will not be stopped in this match-up, too much size and speed.

Defensively LSU's in great shape, their D-line has been strong all year and I wouldn't expect anything less here against a ND O-line which has given up 30+ sacks. Especially combined with a healthy linebacker-core (Highsmith and Beckwith have been hurt), I think LSU has one of the best Front 7's in the nation. The only potential problem area I see could be the LSU secondary keeping up with Quinn and his receivers, but if they get enough pressure on Quinn I don't believe this will be an issue. Plus Jackson and Zenon have been solid this year and with Landry playing centerfield I think they'll be alright.

This team was loaded with talent and really should've been playing for a national championship this year, but because of some bad breaks with turnovers, inconsistent play and coaching they blew their title hopes earlier this year. So hopefully they just finish strong, it'd be nice to see a big win over Notre Dame. Then I'll just pray that some how, some way, big JR decides to come back next year so he can win us that championship and make a run at the Heisman

GEAUX TIGERS baby!!!
Old 12-10-2006, 02:24 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedEaglesGreen218
Man, I really wanted to see my Tigers play in the Rose Bowl this year: I think LSU-Michigan would've been a great game and I would've loved to play USC and get revenge for that co-national championship, but I'll settle for beating the piss out of Brady Quinn and Notre Dame.

This team was loaded with talent and really should've been playing for a national championship this year, but because of some bad breaks with turnovers, inconsistent play and coaching they blew their title hopes earlier this year. So hopefully they just finish strong, it'd be nice to see a big win over Notre Dame. Then I'll just pray that some how, some way, big JR decides to come back next year so he can win us that championship and make a run at the Heisman

GEAUX TIGERS baby!!!
how would you get revenge by losing?
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 02:25 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

whoever said 45-3 LSU is ridiculous.

If Brady Quinn can get 3 touchdowns against michigan, then they can most definitely get at least 3 against LSU.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean

If Brady Quinn can get 3 touchdowns against michigan, then they can most definitely get at least 3 against LSU.
lol which team do you root for? :roll:

Anyways, I think LSU brings a game with a physical level that ND hasn't seen yet this year. I think Quinn and Co. will keep it close at the half, but in the 2nd ND's defense just won't get off the field and LSU will pile it on at the end. LSU has their best rushing performance of the year

LSU 28 - 17 ND

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 12:22 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LSU will get alot of pressure on Quinn, which obviously is the key to stopping him. Laron Landry should at least lower the big play factor and lower the probability of ND getting points, because it will be tough to drive it on the defense. I personally think LSU is just as good as Florida.

Quote:
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 12:24 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean

ROckJock, who also said michigan would lose to LSU by 3 scores.
Old 12-10-2006, 12:37 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LSU by a ton!

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 03:53 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's going to be 33-21 LSU.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 04:01 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

I would have picked USC to beat LSU by 2 Tds and that is no bias

gamertag: uscfan06

RWFender1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 04:06 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LSU Tigers FTW!!!!

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 04:12 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWFender1
Meh, it'd be close, but seeing what UCLA did to them, imagine how bad LSU would own their offensive line.

Quote:
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 04:53 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

what happened with UCLA is something that will never happen again to USC. I know someone whose dad coaches here at SC and they already said they are very aware after watching the game tape what went wrong and know how to fix it from happening again

gamertag: uscfan06

RWFender1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 06:31 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

LSU is going to rape them
Old 12-10-2006, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default af2we4f

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWFender1
There is not a team in the country that wouldn't have its hands full with LSU. The only team I would favor by more than a score against LSU would be OSU. LSU lacks the offensive polish and consistency that OSU has.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 12:14 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bump for discussion.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 12:21 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

alright i didnt see this thread, but i picked LSU and im 2/2 on BCS games so far so i would like to go 5/5

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I said in the other thread I think a main match up will be Notre Dame's O line vs. LSU up front defense and I don't like that much up much at all for ND. Everyone says LSU has so much speed on offense but I don't trust their QB at all. And I also trust Weis to thoroughly out coach Miles given the time he has had to prepare. Despite all that I still think LSU wins because the talent just isn't there on defense for ND but I think it will be closer than most think and it will be more of a game than Ohio St/ND was last year.
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote