Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC South Division Forum

NFC South Division Forum Discuss the NFC South

Old 11-24-2007, 01:34 PM    (permalink
JAlexander

It was a sluggo with a pump fake. Hall had no business even worrying about the slant because the LB was right there to defend it.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:40 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAlexander View Post
It was a sluggo with a pump fake. Hall had no business even worrying about the slant because the LB was right there to defend it.
That's what they called it...but watch the replay...the route is just a go. There may have been a pump fake, but the route was just a go...Galloway didn't appear to studder at all...
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
Wayne .4seconds slower than Galloway? Really? I know you're trying to make a point...but did you mean .04? Galloway runs what 4.4ish? maybe a mid 4.3? So you think Reggie runs a 4.7-4.8? Come on...

Reggie is a better WR than Galloway. The point is that you couldn't have pulled that route again...he didn't even sell the slant...I don't think it was a Sluggo I think it was just Hall picking the wrong route. Seemed like a straight go to me...
Great analysis right there, just what I've come to expect from king iloxyhomer.
Reggie is a better receiver, he just is, you'll see, everyone knows. You really convinced me there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNad View Post
Galloway had the one big play where Hall bit hard, but other than that I didn't see much from him. And... yeah... .4 seconds clearly isn't right.
.4 seconds....

Galloway=4.2 (actually generous considering he has ran a 4.1 and commentators always mention his "4.1 speed").
Wayne=4.5-4.6

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 02:46 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's what they called it...but watch the replay...the route is just a go. There may have been a pump fake, but the route was just a go...Galloway didn't appear to studder at all...
He studdered and pointed his head towards a slant, then went. Hall looked like a high-school kid biting on the fake.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-24-2007, 02:52 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Reggie is a better receiver, he just is, you'll see, everyone knows. You really convinced me there.

.4 seconds....

Galloway=4.2 (actually generous considering he has ran a 4.1 and commentators always mention his "4.1 speed").
Wayne=4.5-4.6

Maybe back in the day, but there is no way he is still running a 4.2. That would make him faster then just about everyone in the NFL, including the likes of Devin Hester.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:20 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

.4 seconds....

Wayne=4.5-4.6
Anyway to get combine stats on that 4.1? Cause that'd be a record...faster than Sanders, faster than anyone actually...I'd be willing to bet he ran in the 4.35 range, yeah, he's very fast, but he's not a 4.1 guy...especially not now. Deangelo's closing speed shows you Galloway wasn't running 4.1...that would have meant Deangelo runs a 3.9 because after being beaten he was able to close the gap (not close to closing it completely but he did close it some) This isn't Madden, this is the real world, people don't really run 4.1s...and not at all in pads. I found a site that says Galloway ran an unofficial 4.18...but nothing official.

As far as Wayne being a better receiver, he runs better routes, they both make tough catches, and yes, Wayne has Manning getting him the ball, but he also has to share with Gonzo and Harrison...which helps him not see doubles much, but I haven't seen people doubling Galloway much either. I haven't seen a lot of his work, but I know he was entirely shut down last season against us, and this season he did make 1 big play. Reggie Wayne makes some exceptional grabs out there and even if they are coming from a good QB his throws aren't always on the mark and the hits that Wayne takes and still pulls balls down is quite impressive. Oh, and if a WR runs 4.5+ that means he's not going to be a 1st round selection like Wayne was...

I can't find anything that states the official 40 of Joey...4.27 however is the fastest official time I've seen...so...lets say he runs that, which he doesn't, that puts Reggie all the way up to 4.67...also not true.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:31 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Anyway to get combine stats on that 4.1? Cause that'd be a record...faster than Sanders, faster than anyone actually...I'd be willing to bet he ran in the 4.35 range, yeah, he's very fast, but he's not a 4.1 guy...especially not now. Deangelo's closing speed shows you Galloway wasn't running 4.1...that would have meant Deangelo runs a 3.9 because after being beaten he was able to close the gap (not close to closing it completely but he did close it some) This isn't Madden, this is the real world, people don't really run 4.1s...and not at all in pads. I found a site that says Galloway ran an unofficial 4.18...but nothing official.

As far as Wayne being a better receiver, he runs better routes, they both make tough catches, and yes, Wayne has Manning getting him the ball, but he also has to share with Gonzo and Harrison...which helps him not see doubles much, but I haven't seen people doubling Galloway much either. I haven't seen a lot of his work, but I know he was entirely shut down last season against us, and this season he did make 1 big play. Reggie Wayne makes some exceptional grabs out there and even if they are coming from a good QB his throws aren't always on the mark and the hits that Wayne takes and still pulls balls down is quite impressive. Oh, and if a WR runs 4.5+ that means he's not going to be a 1st round selection like Wayne was...

I can't find anything that states the official 40 of Joey...4.27 however is the fastest official time I've seen...so...lets say he runs that, which he doesn't, that puts Reggie all the way up to 4.67...also not true.

http://hurricanesports.cstv.com/spor..._reggie00.html

There's a 4.4 for Reggie.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:49 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Maybe back in the day, but there is no way he is still running a 4.2. That would make him faster then just about everyone in the NFL, including the likes of Devin Hester.
He is definitely among the fastest players in the league.
Quote:

DeAngelo caught up to him a little because the ball was underthrown. Receivers almost always slow down to catch deep balls, and defenders almost always close the distance in the meantime. If the ball was overthrown Hall never would've come close to Galloway.

Reggie Wayne is great at what he does. He runs about 5-7 comebacks a game and they all go for first downs. He's the best in the league at those routes. He also runs a few posts. That's about what his game is limited to. Galloway is a complete receiver that runs slants, outs, slant and gos, posts, etc. He also catches TD passes from all of those routes. I think if you put both receivers in a standard neutral offense, Galloway will be more valuable and effective by a decent margin. You could consider a matter of choice, but overall Galloway is the better receiver IMO. Wayne has a bigger impact every year because of his offense and his role in that offense. We run a WCO where we like to spread the ball around, and Joey constantly faces doubles and safety help because we don't have any other dangerous weapons.

Let's say Joey runs a 4.22, which is between his unofficial and official times. I estimate Wayne runs about a 4.5, so that's still about .3 seconds faster. 0.3 or 0.4 really isn't a huge difference, he's still a lot faster and that's a virtual fact.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-24-2007, 05:58 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

So you would put Galloway ahead of Yamon Figurs, Devin Hester, and Willie Parker speed wise?
Old 11-24-2007, 06:05 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
So you would put Galloway ahead of Yamon Figurs, Devin Hester, and Willie Parker speed wise?
I'd love to see them all race, yes. Joey has world-class speed. He's been burning guys deep consistently in our offense against any kind of defense. You can't sleep on him, he's averaging about 50 yds per TD catch. I don't see any of those guys burning people deep as much as Galloway does. Even if his track speed isn't the best anymore, his game speed is still at or near the top along with Parker & Hester & others.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-25-2007, 05:46 AM    (permalink
dbtb135
Rookie

dbtb135 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Did Roddy & Laurent look good? No. 71 yards combined. Lost fumble by White. (They looked fine, when they were open they weren't getting the ball when Lefty was in the game)
Did Galloway burn your "all-world stud corner"? Yes, badly. He would've done it again and again but we build up such a huge lead that we just ran the ball conservatively. (He couldn't do it again, and again, he bit on a move that wasn't sold he just guessed and that's why he got burned, Wayne tried it this week and he's 10x the receiver Galloway is, and it ended up in an interception, if they could have done it again and again they would have run the score way up, as much as they could have to prove a point)
I LOVE things like this. Galloway has 2 catches, 63 yards and a TD and you act like all he had was on big play and try to save face that he didn't do it again and again. Unimpressive. But Laurent and Roddy have 2 catches for 43 yards and 4 catches for 28 yards AND a turnover. And they're "good" and "did fine". Heh, thats not hypocritical at all.

And you threw the ball twice as much. And even Lefty had a higher completion % than Garcia.
dbtb135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 11:37 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Quote:
he's still a lot faster and that's a virtual fact.
virtual fact...pretty much exactly right...virtual...
Old 11-25-2007, 11:43 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Important game next week. Saints vs. Bucs.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 11:46 PM    (permalink
BucSappy
Veteran

BucSappy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Important game next week. Saints vs. Bucs.
Huge game. Can Tampa get a big win on the road?

I like Tampa's matchups in the running game against the Saints. Bucs defense is playing amazing, should shut down the Saints O for the most part. The Saints OL is nothing special and I think the Bucs win the battle in the trenches:

Bucs 27
Saints 17

But like Gruden said it is really tough to beat a divisional team twice in one season.
BucSappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 05:27 AM    (permalink
dbtb135
Rookie

dbtb135 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If we can beat them, we've got a very winnable road to undefeated in the division. They should be tough though, the offense could produce any given week if they're doing all the right things. Hopefully, we can hold them or they have, yet another, off week.
dbtb135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 06:17 AM    (permalink
BucSappy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbtb135 View Post
If we can beat them, we've got a very winnable road to undefeated in the division. They should be tough though, the offense could produce any given week if they're doing all the right things. Hopefully, we can hold them or they have, yet another, off week.
We need big games from Earnest Graham and Joey Galloway, that's for sure.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:42 AM    (permalink
JAlexander

Bucs just have to go 3-2 (as long as the 2 losses aren't both divisional) and they clinch the division. And that's if the Saints go 5-0, which they probably won't.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:50 AM    (permalink
BucSappy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAlexander View Post
Bucs just have to go 3-2 (as long as the 2 losses aren't both divisional) and they clinch the division. And that's if the Saints go 5-0, which they probably won't.
If the Bucs beat the Saints, then the Bucs clinch the divisional tie break with at worst a 4-2 South record. One more win after (if) the Bucs beat the Saints and the division is officially clinched. LOL, a 9-7 team can win the South its so gross. :)
Old 11-26-2007, 10:44 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
virtual fact...pretty much exactly right...virtual...
Are you going to argue with me that Reggie Wayne is faster than Joey Galloway, or are you just going to mumble. Either way it's pretty funny to watch.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-26-2007, 12:41 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

No, Wayne isn't faster than Galloway, no one would argue that, however he ran a 4.4 which makes you entirely foolish. Which is even more fun to watch, you try to call me out, when you can't see what you stated makes you VIRTUALLY(for the most part; almost wholly; just about) incompetant.

VIRTUAL FACT = oxymoron (a figure of speech by which a locution produces an incongruous, seemingly self-contradictory effect, as in “cruel kindness” or “to make haste slowly.”)
Old 11-26-2007, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If our offensive line can actually block... we'll win. If not, it'll be a disaster.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 06:56 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
No, Wayne isn't faster than Galloway, no one would argue that, however he ran a 4.4 which makes you entirely foolish. Which is even more fun to watch, you try to call me out, when you can't see what you stated makes you VIRTUALLY(for the most part; almost wholly; just about) incompetant.

VIRTUAL FACT = oxymoron (a figure of speech by which a locution produces an incongruous, seemingly self-contradictory effect, as in “cruel kindness” or “to make haste slowly.”)
Wayne's fastest 40 in college was 4.45. Galloway's fastest 40 in college was rumored to be below 4.2. What's your point?

sig by BoneKrusher