Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-21-2007, 07:12 PM    (permalink
cordscords
Rookie

cordscords hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Arrested Development

So I never really watched the show when it was on FOX, but recently just spent a whole bunch of free time catching up with episodes on MSN and torrents.

Gotta say it's brilliant. It takes a long time to get into because the show is so incredibly layered. Also the storylines feel really soapish, but the writers do an excellent job making the resolution somewhat realistic and hilarious (Mr. F).

It has a great cast and the show is narrated by Ron Howard. If you havent seen it you should check it out.
cordscords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 08:03 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great show. My favorite part had to be the chicken dances.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NAydBmWft-U

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 08:19 PM    (permalink
cordscords
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
Great show. My favorite part had to be the chicken dances.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NAydBmWft-U
GOB is too much. In season 3 George Sr, Lucille, and Lindsay are all doing their own version of the chicken dance at Michael when GOB walks in and tells everybody to hold on because he has the perfect thing for the situation. He comes back wearing a chicken mask and starts to do the dance only to see that everybody has stopped. Then he lets out a classic "C'MON!".
Old 11-21-2007, 08:27 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordscords View Post
GOB is too much. In season 3 George Sr, Lucille, and Lindsay are all doing their own version of the chicken dance at Michael when GOB walks in and tells everybody to hold on because he has the perfect thing for the situation. He comes back wearing a chicken mask and starts to do the dance only to see that everybody has stopped. Then he lets out a classic "C'MON!".
That was a hilarious scene. They had a video on youtube of every chicken dance done in the show, but it got taken down.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 08:46 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

This show left WAY too early. It was cut down in its prime. Only if more people watched it...
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:28 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You see Lindsay, I was a professional twice before........

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 01:28 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess I was part of the problem in terms of why it was canceled because I never watched it when it was on the air either but I have all three seasons on DVD now. Phenomenal show!

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 03:04 PM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was one of the few that actually watched it when it came on tv. There is no reason that AD shoulda got cancelled. I tried to get people to get into the show but nobody would give it a chance. When I got the seasons on DVD and forced my friends to watch them, they loved it. I don't see how somebody can watch this show and not like it.

By the way Art, Tobias was a therapist and an analyst...the first analrapist. His business cards almost got him arrested. haha
Old 11-22-2007, 07:03 PM    (permalink
cordscords
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarSean View Post
I was one of the few that actually watched it when it came on tv. There is no reason that AD shoulda got cancelled. I tried to get people to get into the show but nobody would give it a chance. When I got the seasons on DVD and forced my friends to watch them, they loved it. I don't see how somebody can watch this show and not like it.

By the way Art, Tobias was a therapist and an analyst...the first analrapist. His business cards almost got him arrested. haha
"I blue myself."
Old 11-22-2007, 07:14 PM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oftentimes, the heart reacts without consulting the brain, thustly....

One of my favorite AD moments when Tobias was resigning from his position as Michaels assistant even tho he was never hired.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:29 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where Once There Was A Yacht, Not There Is Not!

Old 11-25-2007, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Easily the best comedic TV show ever to me. Not even close.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 12:33 AM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

I agree. Most of the comedies that I watch today that are any good rip off AD pretty blatantly. Like every episode there's a joke that was already in AD on 30 Rock, The Office or FOTC.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:56 AM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arrested Development was without a doubt my favorite show.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 08:54 AM    (permalink
Stufazz
Veteran

Stufazz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

banger in the mouth

Hitman D for the sweet sig
Stufazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 06:41 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am so obsessed with this show. I was deeply affected when I ran out of episodes to watch. I keep watching the shows over and over again. There are too many good lines.

I am thinking about getting this shirt: http://threadpit.com/store/product.p...cat=250&page=1

But anyhoo. There are apparently thoughts about an AD movie. I saw an interview with Jason Bateman and Michael Cera (about Juno) and they talked about AD and they said they might be up for a movie.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 06:53 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
I am so obsessed with this show. I was deeply affected when I ran out of episodes to watch. I keep watching the shows over and over again. There are too many good lines.

I am thinking about getting this shirt: http://threadpit.com/store/product.p...cat=250&page=1

But anyhoo. There are apparently thoughts about an AD movie. I saw an interview with Jason Bateman and Michael Cera (about Juno) and they talked about AD and they said they might be up for a movie.
Juno isn't a an AD movie. It just happens to star both Jason Bateman and Michael Cera. For more AD fun hit up Clark and Michael, the internet's best series.

http://www.clarkandmichael.com

Also, I bought that shirt and the Little Lebowski Urban Achiever shirt a few months ago. Rises laughs among the informed and questions among those who missed out.

Old 11-26-2007, 06:55 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Juno isn't a an AD movie. It just happens to star both Jason Bateman and Michael Cera. For more AD fun hit up Clark and Michael, the internet's best series.

http://www.clarkandmichael.com

Also, I bought that shirt and the Little Lebowski Urban Achiever shirt a few months ago. Rises laughs among the informed and questions among those who missed out.
Yeah I know. I worded that sentence pretty poorly. I meant to say they had an interview about Juno and then it got to the topic of an AD movie.

So do you get weird looks when you wear your Analrapist shirt?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 06:59 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Yeah I know. I worded that sentence pretty poorly. I meant to say they had an interview about Juno and then it got to the topic of an AD movie.

So do you get weird looks when you wear your Analrapist shirt?
Yeah, but from people who you can tell have no idea about the show. Definitely get it, it's one of my favorites