Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 11-25-2007, 06:46 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man....St.Clair is night and day.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 06:50 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I cannot believe we won that game.

Old 11-25-2007, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Benching Miller is what won us the game... that and Devin Hester.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh yeah, all Bear fans owe Sauerbrun a big thank you for giving us pretty much 3 TD's today.

Old 11-25-2007, 07:00 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok, I missed the game due to work. Summary? Pro's, cons?

I see that Devin had 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 07:14 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
Ok, I missed the game due to work. Summary? Pro's, cons?

I see that Devin had 2.
We played like poop.

Fred Miller is the worst lineman ever.

Grossman is only a good QB if he has 10 seconds to hop around in the pocket (nothing new).

Devin Hester is the only reason I'm not embaressed to be a fan of this team.

And Benson is probably done for the year, since having two good games in a row would have just been too much.

Old 11-25-2007, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate our team.

Thank you for beating us like this.

oh, and..
**** YOU SAUERBRUN

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 07:23 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
We played like poop.

Fred Miller is the worst lineman ever.

Grossman is only a good QB if he has 10 seconds to hop around in the pocket (nothing new).

Devin Hester is the only reason I'm not embaressed to be a fan of this team.

And Benson is probably done for the year, since having two good games in a row would have just been too much.
Thanks for being honest, I was afraid that I would get a "That was the most amazing game ever". I was going to ask what happened to Benson, I saw the stat tracker in the 1st 2 Qs, and saw he was averaging 5.9ypc. What happened that he didnt get the ball anymore?

Quote:
Old 11-25-2007, 07:37 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he had an ankle injury in the 2nd quarter and didn't return.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 08:13 PM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think you can pretty much nail it on the head that Fred Miller is garbage and we need a new Tackle to replace his worthless ass. We should be trying to do everything possible to upgrade the quarterback position and Adam Archuleta game by game continues to show us why we are in dire need of safeties.

On a bright note. Ogunleye has been showing his worth and Devin Hester continues to show why he's the leagues most electric player.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Through 11 games so far for Ogunleye, 40 tackles, 9 SACKS! I think he's having a decent season.

Old 11-25-2007, 10:42 PM    (permalink
DaBears9654
Rookie

DaBears9654 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namy View Post
**** YOU SAUERBRUN
I think we Bears fans have been saying that practically since he left.

NFC North right ends are shaking in their cleats.

Or @ least they had better be.
DaBears9654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 11:45 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namy View Post
I hate our team.

Thank you for beating us like this.

oh, and..
**** YOU SAUERBRUN
Sauerbrun is a d-bag but where was the coaching to say "Hey Hester is real good, let's not kick it to him" Denver handed that game to the Bears. Shanahan is dumb

Next week should be interesting for the bears with Eli Manning coming in.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 12:41 AM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock07 View Post
Sauerbrun is a d-bag but where was the coaching to say "Hey Hester is real good, let's not kick it to him" Denver handed that game to the Bears. Shanahan is dumb

Next week should be interesting for the bears with Eli Manning coming in.
I think it is a forgone conclusion that Hester will not see any kicks to him in the game next week. All they have to do is rattle Manning early. Unfortunately, I also expect to see Umenyiora and Strahan abuse Grossman throughout the game. If the offensive line is as bad as it was today, the Bears don't have a chance.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:45 AM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well congrats on the win. hester killed us the whole game up until the point when your offense finally showed up. embarrassing game all around for both sides though.

also why is adam archuleta still starting for you guys, i thought he got benched?
Old 11-26-2007, 12:57 AM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningham View Post
well congrats on the win. hester killed us the whole game up until the point when your offense finally showed up. embarrassing game all around for both sides though.

also why is adam archuleta still starting for you guys, i thought he got benched?
Archuleta has been bad most of the season. He miss a key takle today, I think Lovie and Angelo were looking for old magic when they traded for him.

I'm not a fan of the Bears, but i'm just wondering but with this being a GREAT draft for QB's, who do you guys want? Being from the burbs, I hear alot about McNabb, but I think that McNabb is overrated and can't stay on the field.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 06:23 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock07 View Post
Archuleta has been bad most of the season. He miss a key takle today, I think Lovie and Angelo were looking for old magic when they traded for him.

I'm not a fan of the Bears, but i'm just wondering but with this being a GREAT draft for QB's, who do you guys want? Being from the burbs, I hear alot about McNabb, but I think that McNabb is overrated and can't stay on the field.
I will take Big Eric "I throw 7tds to Woodsons 6tds" Ainge in the 2nd round ;)

Quote:
Old 11-26-2007, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Benson done for the year...

Old 11-26-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well Cedric's done for the year, and probably done with the Bears. Personally I think if Adian Peterson was as good as some people think he is he wouldn't have sat behind the likes of Anthony Thomas, Brock Forsey, Thomas Jones, Cedric Benson and warrant the drafting of Garrett Wolfe but we'll see. If he doesn't preform I think RB jumps to into a tie with safety for third on our needs lists.

Right now for me my ideal first 3 rounds would look like this

1. Jeff Otah- It looks like Otah's gonna be climbing up draft boards, and he'll be able to play both sides at tackle, and we could slide him inside at guard if Tait and St Clair can right the ship at the tackle spots. The Ideal situation would slide Tait to right, start Otah on the left side. Otah would help the running game, giving us the mauler we don't have right now.
2. Strike a deal similar to the San Deigo deal last year, I'd settle for a 2nd, third, and fifth.
Trade Alex Brown and the newly acquired third for another second.
2a. DJ Hall. We need a wide receiver other than Bernard Berrian. Moose shouldn't be on the team next year, and theres a good chance Davis will be gone as well. Leaving us with major unknowns in Bradley and Hester. Hall will bring stability to the position and it's a plus if Bradley and Hester can contribute more on offense.
2b. Erik Aigne. Has the potential to grow into our franchise quarterback, but won't have the pressure a first round pick would. Assuming either Grossman, Griese or Orton are still on the team, we can use a similar approach to Kanasas City and Brodie Croyle and ease Aigne in.
3a. Jamar Adams. Another warm body in the picture at safety.
3b. Peyton Hillis. An upgrade over McKie at the position, and a big enough athlete to be a factor in the run and pass game.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 04:13 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post
Well Cedric's done for the year, and probably done with the Bears. Personally I think if Adian Peterson was as good as some people think he is he wouldn't have sat behind the likes of Anthony Thomas, Brock Forsey, Thomas Jones, Cedric Benson and warrant the drafting of Garrett Wolfe but we'll see. If he doesn't preform I think RB jumps to into a tie with safety for third on our needs lists.

Right now for me my ideal first 3 rounds would look like this

1. Jeff Otah- It looks like Otah's gonna be climbing up draft boards, and he'll be able to play both sides at tackle, and we could slide him inside at guard if Tait and St Clair can right the ship at the tackle spots. The Ideal situation would slide Tait to right, start Otah on the left side. Otah would help the running game, giving us the mauler we don't have right now.
2. Strike a deal similar to the San Deigo deal last year, I'd settle for a 2nd, third, and fifth.
Trade Alex Brown and the newly acquired third for another second.
2a. DJ Hall. We need a wide receiver other than Bernard Berrian. Moose shouldn't be on the team next year, and theres a good chance Davis will be gone as well. Leaving us with major unknowns in Bradley and Hester. Hall will bring stability to the position and it's a plus if Bradley and Hester can contribute more on offense.
2b. Erik Aigne. Has the potential to grow into our franchise quarterback, but won't have the pressure a first round pick would. Assuming either Grossman, Griese or Orton are still on the team, we can use a similar approach to Kanasas City and Brodie Croyle and ease Aigne in.
3a. Jamar Adams. Another warm body in the picture at safety.
3b. Peyton Hillis. An upgrade over McKie at the position, and a big enough athlete to be a factor in the run and pass game.
A few thoughts.

- I'm not sure our second round pick will be low enough to garner the return you are expecting. The Bears would currently pick 17th if the draft were held today, unless you expect us to lose all of our remaining games and finish 5-11 I'm not sure we'll get there. That said, the SOS order will be reversed in the 2nd, so that will bump it up a bit.

- Hall would be unproven as well. I actually think Moose will be back. His salary has largely been paid (I think he's on the hook for about 2 million next year) so even if he's just a slow-yet-reliable option I think he's worth one more year. That said, I like the pick of Hall, as Bradley is looking more and more like a bust.

-Not really a fan of drafting a fullback in the 3rd round. It's a dying position frankly, though if we went that route Hills or Caulcrick from Michigan State would be good options.

-I think Benson will be back. We'd gain nothing monetary-wise by cutting him, and I think he'll get another year to try and establish his worth to the team.

Old 11-26-2007, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Regarding fullback being a dieing position, guys like Vickers and Leonard have given it a little life, (both were first day picks if I recall) and I think a guy like Hillis of Jacobs Hester is versatile enough to make a difference at the pro level.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Race for the Heisman
Veteran

Race for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

With the presence of a couple of more-athletic fullbacks like Peyton Hillis, Jacob Hester, Jehuu Caulcrick (perhaps), and Owen Schmitt, I definitely wouldn't spend a third on one (hope one falls and spend a fifth on him, perhaps), especially with all the needs we have. Offensive line, quarterback, wide receiver, offensive line, safety, offensive line, the list goes on. Combine that with perhaps lingering defensive tackle pangs (maybe a guy who falls and the value is just too good to pass up), possibly linebacker (Briggs' gap not being filled or planning for a debilitated Urlacher) and fullback, while I love the fullbacks in this class, must fall in the line with the rest of our priorities. I think the best one would be Hillis because of his hands, followed by Hester, then maybe Schmitt, but those guys are the ones who will come off the boards first.

Last edited by Race for the Heisman : 11-26-2007 at 05:00 PM.
Race for the Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 05:26 PM    (permalink
DaBears9654
Rookie

DaBears9654 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post
Regarding fullback being a dieing position, guys like Vickers and Leonard have given it a little life, (both were first day picks if I recall) and I think a guy like Hillis of Jacobs Hester is versatile enough to make a difference at the pro level.
Actually, I agree with Mike Mayock that Brian Leonard is better off as a tailback. In my case it's mainly b/c of his size. He's only 226 lbs. for crying out loud!

NFC North right ends are shaking in their cleats.

Or @ least they had better be.
DaBears9654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Hester isn't a fullback. He is a bruiser RB who can line up at FB once in a while, very similar to Leonard except less athletic.

If we want a FB, go for maybe Owen Schmitt in the 5th, which he might be available in. He is a good hard runner, has good hands, and is a very good blocker. Or, Peyton Hillis if he is there for us in the 4th. 3rd round is too high to spend on a FB, IMO, when you have as many needs as we do.

Oh yeah, Benson will be back. But I think it would be a super idea to sign Chris Brown in the offseason. It seemed like we might sign him last offseason but that didn't happen. Brown would be a good compliment to Benson and doesn't seem like he will be able to carry the load with his up-right running style. Either him or Julius Jones, which I don't if it would work or not... Plus, I think Adrian Peterson is best served to be the no. 3 back who gets some reps but is mainly a special teams ace.

Old 11-26-2007, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
A few thoughts.

- I'm not sure our second round pick will be low enough to garner the return you are expecting. The Bears would currently pick 17th if the draft were held today, unless you expect us to lose all of our remaining games and finish 5-11 I'm not sure we'll get there. That said, the SOS order will be reversed in the 2nd, so that will bump it up a bit.

- Hall would be unproven as well. I actually think Moose will be back. His salary has largely been paid (I think he's on the hook for about 2 million next year) so even if he's just a slow-yet-reliable option I think he's worth one more year. That said, I like the pick of Hall, as Bradley is looking more and more like a bust.

-Not really a fan of drafting a fullback in the 3rd round. It's a dying position frankly, though if we went that route Hills or Caulcrick from Michigan State would be good options.

-I think Benson will be back. We'd gain nothing monetary-wise by cutting him, and I think he'll get another year to try and establish his worth to the team.
can Caulcrick block though? I know he can run....