Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-04-2006, 04:03 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how come all you michigan fans have so much hate inside?

will michigan win? probably. can usc beat michigan? probably. Does michigan have a great D-Line? yes Is Mario Manningham a perennial superstar? yes. Is Lamar woodley one of the best? yes.

We admitted you're the second best team in the country and it is sad that you guys got screwed out of the national championship, but all you guys have to stop thinking you guys are that much better and the best team in the world. You guys got cleveland banned because you guys said he was throwin it in your face that "OSU beat Michigan." But you guys are doing the same thing with USC, except the fact that they havent played yet. It'll be a close game and Michigan will probably win.

Quote:
you don't have constructive criticism... Your claims are as on point as Scientology.
Quote:
but you are insane if you think UCLA has a better defense than Michigan.
Quote:
Lamarr Woodley will have JDB in a body bag by halftime.
Quote:
Booty will be eaten for lunch, I'm thinking like 2 or 3 sacks from LaMarr Woodley boosting his draft stock.
Quote:
He had plenty of time vs tOSU and their D-line is much better than yours.
Quote:
We had plenty of time all yeah against better DLs.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 04:12 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

USC is gonna suprise a lot of people

gamertag: uscfan06

RWFender1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 04:12 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWFender1
when they come out flat.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:31 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Good call Soybean.

(OSU spread the Michigan defense out with 4 WR sets and Woodley was in Smith's face all day...)

And OSU won the game, Where was Woodley when OSU gashed them for 2 long runs?

USC will come out with some fire, it's a home game for them and 85% of the fans are gonna be USC's and it's the Rose Bowl, they'll come out ready to play.

USC by 3 points of less.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it depends. If Michigan prepares for those 5 wides and can handle them this time around, then UM will win by two scores. If not, it will be tight, and I may even lean towards USC. I think UM will prepare, and win.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 04:53 PM    (permalink
TIP
Veteran

TIP hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean

will michigan win? probably. can usc beat michigan? probably. Does michigan have a great D-Line? yes Is Mario Manningham a perennial superstar? yes. Is Lamar woodley one of the best? yes.

We admitted you're the second best team in the country and it is sad that you guys got screwed out of the national championship, but all you guys have to stop thinking you guys are that much better and the best team in the world. You guys got cleveland banned because you guys said he was throwin it in your face that "OSU beat Michigan." But you guys are doing the same thing with USC, except the fact that they havent played yet. It'll be a close game and Michigan will probably win.

Quote:
you don't have constructive criticism... Your claims are as on point as Scientology.
Quote:
but you are insane if you think UCLA has a better defense than Michigan.
Quote:
Lamarr Woodley will have JDB in a body bag by halftime.
Quote:
Booty will be eaten for lunch, I'm thinking like 2 or 3 sacks from LaMarr Woodley boosting his draft stock.
Quote:
He had plenty of time vs tOSU and their D-line is much better than yours.
Quote:
We had plenty of time all yeah against better DLs.
I don't see how you can call it close, after michigan has so much anger form being shafted, and was chompin at the bit to play their archrivals, and on the flipside, USC is devastated, having lost their NC chance, to a team who is their archrival, and a team they are much better than.

Props to Darnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Why couldn't Helen Keller drive?

She was a woman.
^^^^^^
OMFG LMAO
TIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 05:09 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock07
Good call Soybean.

(OSU spread the Michigan defense out with 4 WR sets and Woodley was in Smith's face all day...)

And OSU won the game, Where was Woodley when OSU gashed them for 2 long runs?

USC will come out with some fire, it's a home game for them and 85% of the fans are gonna be USC's and it's the Rose Bowl, they'll come out ready to play.

USC by 3 points of less.

You are completely biased against michigan and not worht the time of day.

Wanna now why OSU had som much success? Troy Smith. Composed, familiar system, srambling, cna handle the rush, something Booty CANNOT DO. And Woodley was in all day on a better OL than USC. Please do not compare the two, because JDB is an awful QB.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:12 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
Quote:
when they come out flat.
I don't remember a Pete Carroll team come out flat when the he's had this much time to prepare and so much focus on a game.
slightlyaraiderfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 05:15 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillaraiderfan
Quote:
Quote:
when they come out flat.
I don't remember a Pete Carroll team come out flat when the he's had this much time to prepare and so much focus on a game.

Weren't they supposed to have that same focus last game?
Old 12-04-2006, 05:22 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
when they come out flat.

They were, but they didn't. They're going to say they weren't looking past the Bruins, but they did. Carroll and Co. were outcoached, and they weren't prepared. That won't happen again, so i'm not expecting them to come out flat and unprepared again.
slightlyaraiderfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 05:26 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

no, it was a trap game, many thought they would have a tough time with UCLA but would win.

And DM, I don't hate Michigan. But all you guys are using the crutch that they are going to beat a USC team because UM was screwed out of the NC game.

USC had to win and they were in, they have no one to blame but themselves but they are gonna come out in a "home" game and will win the game by a narrow margin.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 05:34 PM    (permalink
srv fan
Veteran

srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:

We admitted you're the second best team in the country and it is sad that you guys got screwed out of the national championship, but all you guys have to stop thinking you guys are that much better and the best team in the world. You guys got cleveland banned because you guys said he was throwin it in your face that "OSU beat Michigan." But you guys are doing the same thing with USC, except the fact that they havent played yet. It'll be a close game and Michigan will probably win
Soybean, great post. USC is a very, very good team, and I have a lot of respect for the program as a whole. The Trojans have been the cream of the crop for several years now, and they will likely continue that streak for a good while. It will be a good game all around. You are also right, we (Michigan fans) are being assholes right now, with the boasting and predictions and disrespect to a USC program that has been consistently better than us so far this decade. I apologize for my part in that, to everyone.

Not that its an excuse, but as someone who has been a Wolverine since birth, these past few weeks have been really tough, and probably is part of the reason some of us are being dicks. First we lose our icon, the guy who made us what we are- Bo was a legend at UM, on and off the campus. Then we play our hearts out and lose a nailbiter against an amazing team in their own stadium. Then we find out that somehow, despite our only loss being to the number 1 team in the country by three points on the road, we're being passed over for a Florida that lost to the number 11 team by double digits and needed a miracle blocked kick against a crappy opponent earlier in the year. Without playing a game, we went from number 2 to number 3. One hell of a bad month. Again, its not an excuse, but so much **** has happened, I know I almost feel defensive, and probably have taken that out on undeserving targets (aka USC fans). So I definately apologize.

This whole NC fiasco makes me sick. One way or another, someone was going to get screwed. Both Michigan and Florida have very legit arguments to go. The only impression I'm coming away with is that the BCS is profoundly messed up, and needs to be scrapped for some sort of playoff. It is not right for the sport to decide its champions through the opinions of a bunch of amateur pollsters and computer formulas devised by people who know nothing about football.

Anyways, I can't even make a prediction for this game, other than saying in general, I think Michigan has the overall talent and experience edge. Both squads have so much talent on both sides of the ball, they can execute multiple schemes- the only people who know what each team is going to run are Pete Carroll and Lloyd Carr. Remember how everyone thought The Big One was going to be a defensive slugfest? That should serve as a warning for trying to predict a game where two teams can run so many different looks. I can see USC spreading it out, and Michigan countering with a deep ball attack. I can see both teams trying to slug it out with their RB's and defenses. Honestly, none of us know what will happen. All I want is for us to win, Florida to lose, and the BCS to realize it is completely f_______ing over people EVERY YEAR- Auburn, Michigan, the Big 10 and SEC in general, etc.

- Vince Lombardi
srv fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 06:10 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

I agree..USC probably did look beyond UCLA and the team just got psyched out. This won't happen with several weeks to practice and prepare. Anyone who thinks this game wont be close is mistaken.

I have seen first hand how USC as a team relates to the energy of the crowd and I think they will be fired up because the majority of the fans will be for the Trojans and that will give USC momentum.

I think Michigan is a great time and I respect them a great deal. I think they will come to play and it will be a very good game but I am sticking with USC by 3.

gamertag: uscfan06

RWFender1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 07:18 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OSU was able to spread out this team becuase troy smith was able to handle the rush an OSU player even said that there Oline would block 4 guys and leave the 5th to troy and he was able to do that with his feet and his composure now are you really saying that JDB can do that same thing cuz it looks like he gets rattled easily
Old 12-04-2006, 07:57 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Atleast SC doesnt have to worry about Henne outside the pocket,we all know how SC defends scrambling QB's.(Young,Cowan,Stanback)
The way Pete Carroll prepares for championship games leaves me no doubt this game will be close.But if our new preservative 10- yards and under passing game doesnt work,ouch,SC will get a hurtin.

What USC needs to do to start out the game is a few quick hitchs or slants to Jarrett,because history shows early touches leads to a big game for both Booty and Jarrett.Also on offense Chauncey Washington should be the starter,with Gable as a change of pace or 3rd down guy.I just dont trust our talented but young freshman against Michigans talented D.

Thats just some insight on my part, im sure ill think of some more to post.Looking forward to the game though like to know more from SC fans what we should expect or what we should establish against Michigan in the Rose Bowl.

Fight On!
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 08:14 PM    (permalink

USC has one big edge in this matchup. It's Pete Carrol. The guy knows how to win and prepare his team. Last year they got beat, but Texas was a very good team. I could see USC beating Michigan just from the fact that they will probably out coach Michigan. Carr never has his teams ready for bowl games.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:27 PM    (permalink
richdg
Veteran

richdg hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Instead of running around, and putting down Michigan, why don't you talk about PSU? Oh yeah, no one cares! As bad as you think Carr is, how come Joe Pa can never beat him? Go look at the last 2 Rose Bowls. Both won by Texas. Michigan played Texas closer than USC. Michigan didn't have Leinhart, Bush, White or carroll, and Texas had Benson. Snotie, you are the most negitive person I know. All you do is complain and ***** about everything. have you ever made a positive post about anything on this forum? No. *****, *****, *****. Take your negitivity and go cry somewhere else. If you don't have anything nice to say, SHUT UP!
richdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 08:42 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Originally Posted by snortie
USC has one big edge in this matchup. It's Pete Carrol. The guy knows how to win and prepare his team. Last year they got beat, but Texas was a very good team. I could see USC beating Michigan just from the fact that they will probably out coach Michigan. Carr never has his teams ready for bowl games.
:roll: Once again, you are here to only start trouble. Please leave, you and your opinion are not wanted.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:42 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Originally Posted by richdg
Instead of running around, and putting down Michigan, why don't you talk about PSU? Oh yeah, no one cares! As bad as you think Carr is, how come Joe Pa can never beat him? Go look at the last 2 Rose Bowls. Both won by Texas. Michigan played Texas closer than USC. Michigan didn't have Leinhart, Bush, White or carroll, and Texas had Benson. Snotie, you are the most negitive person I know. All you do is complain and *********** about everything. have you ever made a positive post about anything on this forum? No. ***********, ***********, ***********. Take your negitivity and go cry somewhere else. If you don't have anything nice to say, SHUT UP!
Its the poster formely known as scorchin, who no one liked, leave him be, he thinks we don't know who he is.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:45 PM    (permalink
TIP
Veteran

TIP hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Instead of running around, and putting down Michigan, why don't you talk about PSU? Oh yeah, no one cares! As bad as you think Carr is, how come Joe Pa can never beat him? Go look at the last 2 Rose Bowls. Both won by Texas. Michigan played Texas closer than USC. Michigan didn't have Leinhart, Bush, White or carroll, and Texas had Benson. Snotie, you are the most negitive person I know. All you do is complain and *********** about everything. have you ever made a positive post about anything on this forum? No. ***********, ***********, ***********. Take your negitivity and go cry somewhere else. If you don't have anything nice to say, SHUT UP!

He beat him once in 98. and actually, you both lost in the last seconds of the game. And don't rag on PSU man, we have a ******** QB. START DEVLIN NEXT YEAR DAMMIT!

Props to Darnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Why couldn't Helen Keller drive?

She was a woman.
^^^^^^
OMFG LMAO
TIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 08:46 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Its the poster formely known as scorchin, who no one liked, leave him be, he thinks we don't know who he is.
Coming from a high school kid. Wow that hurts. You michigan fans are so arrogant it's no wonder nobody likes you. Maybe if you would come up with a legit argument for your team instead of excuses you might be able to be takin seriously.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:47 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Coming from a high school kid. Wow that hurts. You michigan fans are so arrogant it's no wonder nobody likes you. Maybe if you would come up with a legit argument for your team instead of excuses you might be able to be takin seriously.

a. Im in college
b. I come up with legit arguements with smart users.
c. You are not worth arguing with, you make John Madden look like a genious.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:50 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
:roll: Once again, you are here to only start trouble. Please leave, you and your opinion are not wanted.
Neither are you and your crying about your choke artist team. Just saying what is true. Pete Carrol is a much better coach and has his teams ready to play games.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:51 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Neither are you and your crying about your choke artist team. Just saying what is true. Pete Carrol is a much better coach and has his teams ready to play games.
Quote me where i said that Carroll is worse than carr...

I was merely stating your statement is arrogant. We seemed prpared in '97, also in 2003 vs. Florida, so yeah we are never prepared...
Old 12-04-2006, 08:54 PM    (permalink
MagnumGator
Veteran

MagnumGator hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
when they come out flat.

They were, but they didn't. They're going to say they weren't looking past the Bruins, but they did. Carroll and Co. were outcoached, and they weren't prepared. That won't happen again, so i'm not expecting them to come out flat and unprepared again.
RockJock is right; it was a classic trap game. Carroll's bowl record speaks for itself and so does Carr's, but the other way around. I would expect Michigan to come out flat way before USC. Often when teams spend all December crying about what bowl they should have been in, they get smoked.
MagnumGator is offline   Reply With Quote