Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 11-04-2007, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.
Default 2-6

Culpepper is too slow and McCown has no accuracy. Russell needs to start soon and hopefully next week.

Fargas started the game and should officially be the starter the rest of the season.

The Defense is not making any plays. Besides a rare INT by Schweigert, nothing is going on. At least Huff got a nice FF.

Barry Sims is beyond terrible. The thing is that there isn't anyone that could replace him right now in the short-term. Maybe a switch back to Guard.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 09:41 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Start Russell and Henderson?why not?actually I can understand why we wouldnt start Henderson at LT.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Crow
Pro Bowler

Crow hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Henderson is a bum. When your line coach publicly calls you out for being lazy and unmotivated, you're a bum.

Start Walter, but have him splitting 1st team reps with Russell until the big dummy looks like he's got at least a basic understanding of the offense.
Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 12:12 AM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The lack of running ability of Culpepper is less of a problem than McCown's penchant for turnovers. It really shoulda been 5 picks, the Texans dropped two. How is Simms having so much trouble, he's playing at home!! Put in Walter if Russell isnt ready, McCown is so innacurate that we have no chance of winning. Plus the D still gives up all the timely big plays, we probably should of gone after Grady Jackson to help shore up that run D which made Ron Dayne look like he was lining up against the big ten. Huggy Bear is really suited for our blocking scheme, and I think we should also be giving D Rhodes some carries or using him like the Pats use Kevin Faulk. LaMont may be done.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 10:17 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
Henderson is a bum. When your line coach publicly calls you out for being lazy and unmotivated, you're a bum.
Why keep playing Barry Sims hes a penalty machine.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dayne ran all over us and I'm pretty sure he stuck it too us last year as well. We definitely have trouble stopping the run especially against the bigger RB's.

As for LaMont, he very well could be done as a Raider. Back problems can just act up for no reason and their doesn't seem to be a 'cure', just ask Mark Kotsay. If Jordan is a FA after this year I don't see us resigning him.

And Sims, do we really have any choice? We have to pick someone up in the offseason whether it be a FA or draft pick because nobody on the current roster is prepared to be a LT.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

Do you guys think that Fargas will be back next year as a possible starter with a rookie and bush behind him?
Old 11-06-2007, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default hmmm

I didn't watch this weeks game, but it did not look pretty on the gamecast on the net. Maybe Walter is the option at QB, maybe not. All I know is that we can't rush JR into a starting role if he is not ready. His development is the most important thing at this time, not winning football games.

Our needs are pretty much the same as least year it seems - a dominant run stuffing DT and a good OT, and that is a bit frustrating.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:21 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

If Fargas continues to run like he has all season he could be starter next season I see no reason as of yet not to start him.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:41 AM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya I think Fargas and Bush will compliment each other well, with Fargas being the starter. I also say we draft a scat back speedy type runner like Justin Forsett, then we'll have all the bases covered at RB. It;s obvious that Fargas is the superior runner in this scheme, LaMont is just too slow and injured right now and these back problems arent going anywhere, they've really affected the way he runs, down at first contact while Fargas runs with reckless abandon.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 07:23 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we should have drafted AD. we would be 3-5 or 4-4 with him , fargas and lamont. plus we would have mccheckdown or cullpeper throwing as much.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
we should have drafted AD. we would be 3-5 or 4-4 with him , fargas and lamont. plus we would have mccheckdown or cullpeper throwing as much.
of course it's easy to say that now. however he wouldn't be rushing for over 200 yards and be the headline of the week if he was behind the raiders line.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:17 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HO HO HO!!! It's me...Santa!! I know that you Raiders fans have been good all year so I brought you a special present early.

It's a game against the Chicago Bears. They are ******* terrilble! HO HO HO!!! MEEEEEEEERY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

it could be one of the lowest scoring games in history.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:34 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Are we going to keep Janikoski after this year.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 12:04 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by portermvp84 View Post
Are we going to keep Janikoski after this year.
I don't see why not. After a terrible first 2-3 games he has been absolutely money on kickoffs and field goals.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote