Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-24-2007, 07:45 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
Get Mario Galaxy, it was the best rated game ever for a little while before falling behind Zelda again.

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrank...asp?rankings=y
Wow, Thats amazing! If its that good and its gets all these good rating im definetly going to get it first thing. The hard part is finding the Wii Console lol.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:19 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In DC, Wiis are completely sold out. I've been going to get games at the local GameStop, and it's an absolute zoo. People are desperate. I'm contemplating trying to buy a few Wiis only to turn around and sell them on eBay. The profit margin is more than 100%...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 11:21 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am about halfway through Mario Galaxy right now. Have 60 power stars. Apparently, there are 120 available in the game itself. What I'm reading is that you can beat the game with Mario and get all 120, you unlock Luigi. Once you beat all 120 boards with Luigi, you unlock the 241st level with a secret ending. Absolutely sick...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 11-28-2007, 11:24 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I also got Rayman's Raving Rabbids 2. It is a lot of fun and certainly playable. Looks like the creators definitely tapped into the group-play and party games aspect of things. You can go through the missions in a group, or you can play individual games as a group. The plunger-shooting boards are also fantastic. Excellent graphics overall. I'm digging it.

Old 11-28-2007, 11:26 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was thinking about getting that game...just cause, i have a bunch of friends that i always play party games w/ and such. I'd have to get it for the 360 though...probably a lot less fun on it but, I was thinking about.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 12:32 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

The whole point of Rayman's for the Wii is that it takes full advantage of the Wiimote. Party games on any other system is pretty much a useless endeavor in comparison. While the Wii will never quite match up in terms of gameplay, it is a less expensive and more fun system in general.

Old 11-28-2007, 07:55 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

I got Galaxy about a week ago...and man...what a great game...Nintendo probably created one of the best games of all time with this game...I mean, it's better than Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Bros. (on different levels) and it rivals Zelda: OOT and Majora's Mask...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrz
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I am about halfway through Mario Galaxy right now. Have 60 power stars. Apparently, there are 120 available in the game itself. What I'm reading is that you can beat the game with Mario and get all 120, you unlock Luigi. Once you beat all 120 boards with Luigi, you unlock the 241st level with a secret ending. Absolutely sick...

where did you hear/read this? unless its from a reliable source i wouldnt believe that.
Bengalsrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 09:56 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Cheats submitted on IGN and a profile in Wikipedia. You have to get all of them.

Old 11-29-2007, 10:21 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
I got Galaxy about a week ago...and man...what a great game...Nintendo probably created one of the best games of all time with this game...I mean, it's better than Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Bros. (on different levels) and it rivals Zelda: OOT and Majora's Mask...
IMO, Super Mario 64 is better - dare I say, far better - than Galaxy. Galaxy is an excellent game, but I consider 64 untouchable in greatness.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 10:26 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I think Galaxy's flexibility with different environments, views, etc. make it an excellent game. I think you guys are a bit caught up in nostalgia for Mario 64. Perhaps you should go and play it again before you make that final judgement.

Old 11-29-2007, 10:51 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Galaxy's flexibility with different environments, views, etc. make it an excellent game. I think you guys are a bit caught up in nostalgia for Mario 64. Perhaps you should go and play it again before you make that final judgement.
Maybe I am, and I often wonder if I am, but I do still think it's amazing, at least for it's time.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 11-29-2007, 10:54 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Once it's available on the Virtual Console, I absolutely recommend downloading it and playing it again. The only way to effectively compare these games is to play them basically side by side. Obviously, Galaxy has superior graphics. Other than that? I cannot say.

Old 11-29-2007, 10:57 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Once it's available on the Virtual Console, I absolutely recommend downloading it and playing it again. The only way to effectively compare these games is to play them basically side by side. Obviously, Galaxy has superior graphics. Other than that? I cannot say.
I think it's available for Wii Shop. I've bought Super Mario Bros. recently...not sure how I forgot that you can't save your game in it, lol. I might try to get it, but I still have "the real thing," so I dunno.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 11-29-2007, 11:06 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Virtual Console/Wii Shop is an addictive experience...

Old 11-29-2007, 02:16 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
They're the same thing then? k, I don't think I had heard it called Virtual Console, but whatever.

Super Mario Bros. is the only game I have...my Wii Internet only recently started working. It apparently wasn't compatible with my wireless router (Netgear), but just recently it worked. I think it may have been Galaxy, since when I got it it did a lengthy system update and suddenly the forecast channel and news channel screens were lit. That, and I think I remember reading that they were trying to develop a system update to make the Wii compatible with the routers.

Problem is, it's pretty in-and-out. Not sure why. It took me three tries to download Super Mario Bros., not to mention the several times when I couldn't get into the Wii Shop or to further screens within it without getting an error message.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 11-29-2007, 05:13 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

I downloaded Super Mario 64 when I first got my Wii...(about 6 months ago) so I know it's been available that long...

I beat 64 when it came out on the 64 and then I beat it again when it came out on the virtual console for the Wii...and so far Galaxy is far superior...now don't get me wrong, Super Mario 64 was WAYYY! ahead of its time, but the angles, movement and graphics, not to mention storyline and such...make it a much better version of 64...
Old 11-29-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Me and my buddies had a boxing tournament 2 nights ago, that **** was intense, the Wii is ******* awesome to play drunk

BTW I dominated my 1st time ever playing that too

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 05:38 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I played super paper mario a bunch this past weekend. So much fun. I wish I had a wii. :(

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 05:40 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
I played super paper mario a bunch this past weekend. So much fun. I wish I had a wii. :(
Yes it is. But I got stuck on a level awhile back and have never played it since.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 11-29-2007, 07:22 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hit the wall in Galaxy with about 60 stars. I sort of want to play it, but I know I'll enjoy it more if I only play it for fun and not because I feel obligated too. I probably won't play it again for a few months...
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 07:52 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

suggestions for a rental tomorrow?
it is a free rental that expires tomorrow so i think its worth seeing if there are any games on anyones list that they want to know my opinion on it.

I have already rented Galaxy btw and i liked it, probably buy it later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 08:08 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

what about Trauma Center: New Blood or

Zak and Wiki: quest for barbaros' treasure?\

or Man Hunt 2...
Old 11-29-2007, 08:59 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe Battalion Wars 2 or Fire Emblem?
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know. THe only games I have purchased are Super Mario World and Super Mario Brothers 3. But this isn't because I don't want to, I'm afraid I'll run out of room on my Wii before more games I REALLY want are released.

Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
Super Smash Brothers
Wrestlemania 2000
Goldeneye 64
Mercs (Sega Genesis)
Starfox (SNES)

I'm forgetting a bunch of Nintendo 64 games.

But add that to the games I've been considering getting....
Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Starfox 64
Mario Kart 64

I'm the one Wii owner in existance who does not like Zelda: Twilight Princess.

I want to try Soul Calibur Legends, EA Playground and Sonic & Mario Olympics. But my local Blockbuster is horrible.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote