Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 11-26-2007, 08:23 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
can Caulcrick block though? I know he can run....
If we want a fullback for blocking McKie is fine. Drafting someone to block in the 3rd round when we have an ungodly amount of needs would border on ********.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Last edited by Hurricane Ditka : 11-26-2007 at 08:38 PM.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You could argue that Jerry Angelo borders on those censor * means.

sig by VLS
Quote:
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 08:36 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post
You could argue that Jerry Angelo borders on those censor * means.
You could but you'd be wrong. Jerry Angelo took a franchise that was a pile of trash for 10 years before he got there and turned it into a Superbowl team.

Old 11-26-2007, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He also does alot of things that make you go what the *********?

sig by VLS
Quote:
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 12:55 AM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jerry Angelo gets way too much credit for our recent success & not enough blame for this year's disaster.

Don't get me wrong though - he is a very good GM and we could be a lot worse off.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:34 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

So Benson is done...

Not sure that is such a gorrible thing for you guys, especially against the Giants. I think Peterson and Wolfe match up better against the Giants run D anyway.

This is going to be a very interesting game to watch....2 roller coaster D's that will have to deal with a good pass rush.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 11:36 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Losman a FA this year? I wouldn't mind trying him for a 2 -3 year contract over Grossman.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 03:02 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I don't believe Losman is a FA.

Apparently Vasher will be back this week. That would be a huge boost considering the Giants would otherwise try to match the very tall Plaxico Burress against the very short Manning and McBride. Not to mention that it would allow us to play a little more man and keep Archuleta in the box where he belongs.

Old 11-27-2007, 03:39 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They'll find a way.
The only way briggs will leave is if someone offers him tons, and i mean tons of money. I don't see anyone offering him more than he asked for this year.

I agree. It looks like rebuilding sort of next year... Hopefully some of our rookies this year and last year will kick it up...

*cough, danieal manning, cough cough*

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so looking back at the 07 draft... We basically traded Ugoh, who is turning into a top left tackle in the league, for Dan Bazuin, Michael Okwo, Michael Payne (who are all on IR), and a 3rd round pick... yeah, at the time it seemed like a pretty good move to get 3 extra picks, but it looks pretty stupid now.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 07:23 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
so looking back at the 07 draft... We basically traded Ugoh, who is turning into a top left tackle in the league, for Dan Bazuin, Michael Okwo, Michael Payne (who are all on IR), and a 3rd round pick... yeah, at the time it seemed like a pretty good move to get 3 extra picks, but it looks pretty stupid now.
Way too early to judge. I'm not all that convinced that Ugoh is that great either, or just the product of an incredible system. Indy does a tremendous job of neutralizing blitzes by running draws and screens and keeping teams on their heels.

I remember at the time wanting Sidney Rice, who is looking very good right now.

Old 11-27-2007, 09:34 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Way too early to judge. I'm not all that convinced that Ugoh is that great either, or just the product of an incredible system. Indy does a tremendous job of neutralizing blitzes by running draws and screens and keeping teams on their heels.

I remember at the time wanting Sidney Rice, who is looking very good right now.
I remember wanting D-Jarrett because you know...he can catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 10:26 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
I remember wanting D-Jarrett because you know...he can catch
Jarrett's a bum. Carolina has no depth at receiver and he still can't make the gameday roster.

Old 11-27-2007, 10:38 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Jarrett's a bum. Carolina has no depth at receiver and he still can't make the gameday roster.
Well, let's just say I was WAY off with him.. I thought he was going to be good.

Thank god.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:57 AM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea... i really thought Jarrett would be able to be a productive player... but he really does have Mike Williams syndrome.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 06:20 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
yea... i really thought Jarrett would be able to be a productive player... but he really does have Mike Williams syndrome.
I have not seen him play, but look at their Qbs. Your really cant say that he wont be productive after 12games.

Quote:
Old 11-28-2007, 09:46 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
I have not seen him play, but look at their Qbs. Your really cant say that he wont be productive after 12games.
He won't be productive. Huh? Apparently you can say that.

Old 11-28-2007, 10:10 AM    (permalink
BucSappy
Veteran

BucSappy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
New Orleans traded their entire draft to get Ricky Williams in the draft to the Redskins. Do you remember any players the Redskins drafted? No and I don't believe any are still with the team.

Did the Redskins get the better end of the deal? Absolutely, but I'm not judging it on the hindsight in the players chosen.

You all made the smart trade and you got the better end of the deal. I was never a fan of the Bears draft except for Greg Olsen. I mean Garrett Wolfe in the 3rd? Why? I liked the pick of Josh Beekman but other than that...bleh.

No offense. I just thought you all could have done better.
BucSappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 05:38 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They must of felt that we needed the depth and looking at it now we could use the help at DL and in the secondary to bad they got hurt though.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On ChicagoBears.com the chalk talk guy said that Safety is our biggest need! I agree that it is a big need but I think that upgrading the O-line is our biggest. If Kenny Phillips is there in the first I don't know if I could take him over a potential starting Tackle.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 09:14 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
On ChicagoBears.com the chalk talk guy said that Safety is our biggest need! I agree that it is a big need but I think that upgrading the O-line is our biggest. If Kenny Phillips is there in the first I don't know if I could take him over a potential starting Tackle.
I could see it, there are quite a few OL prospects this year from what I read. Kenny Philips will be a good NFL saftey, so I would take a shot at him if an OL wasnt worth the pick in that spot of the draft

Quote:
Old 11-29-2007, 06:25 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I was just suprised he took a stand on anything. Mayer is such a hack sucking at the tit of power. His "articles" are closer to press releases than any legitimate journalism.

Old 11-29-2007, 06:41 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

Meyer always gets harassed at training camp for being a phony.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lets say we pick at no. 9 or 10...

1.) Kenny Phillips, S
With him and D. Manning, we have a fine young safety duo. Phillips would likely play strong.

2.) Chris Williams, OT
Falls this fair because this is a very a good tackle class. Is similar to Marcus McNeil, IMO. Is a great run blocker and will allow us to move Tait back over to RT.

3a) Joe Flacco, QB
Good developmental QB. As for the QB situation goes, either bring back Grossman on a cheap 1 year contract and cut/trade Griese, or just let Grossman go. Let Kyle Orton and Griese/Grossman compete for QB while Flacco develops.

3b) Heath Benedict, OL
Can play both G or T. Could compete for a starting job at G right away.

-Trade Alex Brown for a late third
3c) Peyton Hillis, FB/H-Back
At first I didn't like this idea by HD, but now love the idea. He would be a great weapon out of the backfield. Has great hands and knows how to get open, can run with the ball, and is a very good blocker as well.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

We're not going to pick 9 or 10. We have one of the hardest SOS in the league. Even if we finish 1-4 we'll be picking at least 11th or 12th.

Picks are fine. Still not a fan of the Hills pick.