Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-25-2007, 07:24 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.
Default Hello Playoffs?

First of all, no this is not overly premature. With the possibility of the Eagles and Cardinals losing, and both moving to 5-6, the Cowboys could virtually clinch the Wild Card. How?

-With the Cowboys at 10-1, the Cardinals, Eagles and Redskins would all have to win out to equal the Cowboys record, at 10-6.

-To reach that record, the Eagles and Redskins would have to win their games against the Cowboys, causing a split-season-series, the first tiebreaker.

-The Cowboys, however, already own a 4-0 record in the division, while the Eagles and Redskins are 1-3 within the NFC East. The best division record they could achieve would be 3-3, worse than the Cowboys' 4-2. Therefore, both teams would lose that second tiebreaker to the Cowboys, eliminating them from contention.

-The Cardinals, at 10-6, and without a head-to-head game against the Cowboys, would go instantly to the second tiebreaker, conference record. Right now, the Cardinals are 3-4 in the conference (if they lose to the 49ers, which may soon become an irrelevant point, they will be 3-5 in the NFC). The Cowboys are 7-0 in the NFC. Out of 12 conference games, the worst the Cowboys could do is 7-5, while the best the Cardinals could do (again, assuming a loss to San Fran, which looked more possible when I began this post than it does right now) is 7-5. The tie-breaker would then move to common games winning percentage (which is too tough for me to determine right now).

So, essentially, with a Cardinals loss (and assuming the Eagles lose to the Pats tonight), the Cowboys have nearly clinched a playoff spot.

Edit: If the Saints win out, they will also be 10-6 and the have a 9-3 conference record, better than the Cowboy's potential 7-5 conference record, precluding the Cowboys clinching a playoff spot.

Last edited by JJJ888 : 11-26-2007 at 12:06 AM.
JJJ888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 10:08 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

You're scared we won't make it in.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:30 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

everyone knows the cowboys won't make the playoffs.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:50 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BX View Post
You're scared we won't make it in.
Very scared. I had a nightmare about it last night and nearly wet my bed.

The point was that the Cowboys have essentially theoretically clinched a playoff spot, not that that needs to be clarified.

Last edited by JJJ888 : 11-25-2007 at 11:53 PM.
JJJ888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 12:59 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We win Thursday and the Giants lose on Sunday against the Bears...we win the division. Hooray!

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 04:48 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Trust me, it's hard for me to accept that this team is a shoe-in for the playoffs. It's been so long since the team has been this successful, and it's hard for me to recognize our record ...

10 wins. 1 loss. This team will finish somewhere between 12 - 4 and 15 - 1. Any other team and I would recognize a record like that as a sign of supremacy. With the Cowboys, our Cowboys, I'm not mentally ready to accept it.

So it's okay to admit your scared we'll somehow go 10 - 6. Just keep in mind we've already beat our 2006 total.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:44 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be surprised if we finish w/ more than 2 losses. I've been thinking 15-1 ever since the Pats game. Other than the Pack...I dont see anyone left on our schedule that could beat us.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-29-2007, 11:50 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You've now clinched a playoff spot. Good game, I look foreward to round 2.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:51 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I would be surprised if we finish w/ more than 2 losses. I've been thinking 15-1 ever since the Pats game. Other than the Pack...I dont see anyone left on our schedule that could beat us.
Week 17 looks like we will sit our starters if we win out up until then.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 01:05 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Week 17 looks like we will sit our starters if we win out up until then.
I have one name for you.......

Brad Johnson.
That's a win...book it. :)

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS