Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 12-04-2006, 01:47 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by portermvp84
Reggie Bush is the man, he scored three rushing touchdowns.
Nah. Yesterday was just a fluke.

How do you figure?

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was sarcasm. :) Next Sunday he'll be on the big stage... we'll see how he performs again a STOUT Cowboys' defense. Him running/catching passes and Deuce running hard is going to be essential to us getting a victory.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 03:27 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the key to us winning is keeping pressue off of Drew. If he has time to complete passes then we stand a good chance of winning. You've seen what happens when defenses really pressue the QB with us, like Pittsburgh and Baltimore, Drew seems to rush into making his decisions with the ball and we turn it over.

This ball game is going to be won in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed. If we can contain the pressure that Dallas will throw at us with Ware, Williams, etc. then I really do like our chances. However, I feel it's essential that we fluster Tony Romo as much as possible as well. Hopefully, since Payton knows his strengths and weaknesses we'll call up some good blitz's.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 12-04-2006, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Also, Deuce HAS to have a big game for us. I don't care if Reggie has a game like he did yesterday or not.. as long as we get the win, I'm happy.

Old 12-04-2006, 04:20 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game guys. Too bad bush had a monster day against us, but it looks like hes finally got the light on. If he can produce like that on a consistent basis your offense is gona be even nastier than it already is, which is scary. Anyways, congrats on the win. You guys earned it.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 05:07 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87
Good game guys. Too bad bush had a monster day against us, but it looks like hes finally got the light on. If he can produce like that on a consistent basis your offense is gona be even nastier than it already is, which is scary. Anyways, congrats on the win. You guys earned it.
Thank you. I'm happy for the win as well. I'm glad that Bush turned it on too yesterday and we really needed him to get going. Hopefully he can keep it up.

I like the ways you guys are playing. I like the direction Nolan has you guys going in.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-05-2006, 09:52 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It should be a good match up Sunday, It's the game of the week. I'm so exctited to watch it.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 01:51 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by portermvp84
It should be a good match up Sunday, It's the game of the week. I'm so exctited to watch it.
I'm really excited for this game. It has HUGE playoff implications.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-05-2006, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Indeed. We control our destiny. Basically, it's a potential matchup to see who's going to be the #2 seed in the NFC.

Old 12-05-2006, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Big game here for you guys. I am praying you guys can sneak out of there with a win. Only issue is that Brees may struggle with the deep ball...Dallas' secondary doesn't get beat deep very often.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 02:44 PM    (permalink
LSU Man
Rookie

LSU Man hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

THIS JUST IN : Hollis Thomas suspended for 4 games for violating the league's policy on anabolic steroids and supplements.

Damn this sucks. Lets hope Will Smith is ready.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

We didn't use the deep ball against the 49ers to win... this might just be the type of game that we try to grind out on the ground. I like Deuce's chances against the run defense of Dallas.

Yeah, just found out about Hollis Thomas. This is HUGE for us.. and hurts us greatly. And rumor is, Will Smith might be out for a MONTH. :? :(

Old 12-05-2006, 07:38 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

The Hollis Thomas news sucks. This is a huge blow to our Run D. I think the suspension is BS but what are you going to do. We need Will Smith back now.
If he's out for a month then this is going to hurt us big time too.

The only positive is that we'll get them back for the playoffs.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-05-2006, 07:55 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Look at it this way... Hollis was playing really well, but could our run D really be that much worse without him? We weren't all that great at stopping the run even with him.

I think the suspension is complete and total crap, but we'll get by without him. We need Will Smith back soon, though.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 02:28 PM    (permalink
LSU Man
Rookie

LSU Man hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Key to this game is our WR and our D-line. While i want both Colston and Horn back i will do with one of them.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

I think protecting Brees and a steady run game is essential to us winning. As well as our defensive stepping up big time.

I saw that you picked against the Saints', dia. For shame, sir.

Old 12-06-2006, 09:52 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
I think protecting Brees and a steady run game is essential to us winning. As well as our defensive stepping up big time.

I think losing Hollis Thomas just really hurts us.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-07-2006, 09:33 AM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule
Quote:

It really doesn't hurt that much. So what, teams are going to be able to run on us all of a sudden? We haven't been that great at stopping the run all season. Thomas is far and away our best run stopper, but that's not saying much.

I'd be much more worried about the health of Will Smith, Marques Colston, and Joe Horn.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 11:55 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Quote:
Quote:

It really doesn't hurt that much. So what, teams are going to be able to run on us all of a sudden? We haven't been that great at stopping the run all season. Thomas is far and away our best run stopper, but that's not saying much.

I'd be much more worried about the health of Will Smith, Marques Colston, and Joe Horn.
I AM worried about the health of those three. We need all them to be very successful, or more successful than we would be without them. In order for us to win, we need those three on the field against Dallas. Thomas really helps shore up the run game but in order to help put pressue on the QB we need Smith and in order to put points on the board and gain yards through the air we need either Horn or Colston, preferably both.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-07-2006, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:

FOR SHAME, SIR! :|

Old 12-08-2006, 06:45 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

FOR SHAME, SIR! :|
I know. I'm sorry.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-09-2006, 01:29 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

What's the status of Colston, Horn, and Smith for the game?

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-09-2006, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

No one really knows concerning Horn/Colston. Some reports says Colston will play others say he won't. I think Payton is trying to use the media to throw the Cowboys completely off. With anything, I think he'll be a gametime decision. I don't think Horn will play but being it's such a huge game he might try to tough it out. I think Will Smith is pretty much a lock to play.

Old 12-09-2006, 03:13 PM    (permalink
MikeD

Lets go, I would love to see a good old fasion a*% woopin on the cowboys! Plus I picked you guys and the dolphins as my sleeper superbowl teams. My opinion, you guys are a couple defensive players away from having a dynasty, straight up.