Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 12-01-2006, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Chris
Pro Bowler

Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Dub4President
One of the Arizona papers has reported that Jake would like to end his career back in the valley backing up Leinart.
We'll take ya first-rounder for him.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While I hated Plummer's guts when he was starter, I apprecaite his effort and winning percentage thus far, and I'd like to see him have an opportunity to start somewhere else. In retrospect, I have sympathy on him. Even though he screwed up, the dude played under so much pressure and criticism (and had a very good winning %). I think he can be a suitable starter someplace else... he just wasnt a SHannahan type of QB, that's all.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 10:39 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

<3.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Chris
Pro Bowler

Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's interesting, if the Broncos lost today and some 6-5 teams and 7-4 teams won. . . we could go from picking #27 to as high as #18. . . NUTS.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:22 AM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Excited and nervous for Cutlers debut,what should we (broncos fans) be expecting from Jay?
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 11:14 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess we all had our expectations too high thinking that Jay could come in as a rookie and immediately show that he was superior to Plummer. However, I was looking for some flashes of brilliance, but I didn't see much of that either. But, I'll be patient and withold judgment. So this game really sickens me. Not only is it our third loss in a row, it's also ouir third home loss. What gives? We were, again, terrible on all three aspects of the game...

Offense: Tatum Bell was our only bright spot before he got injured. His rushing was phenomenal in the first half. However, Mike Bell's and Rod Smith's fumbles really killed us. Rookie mistakes by Cutler such as that horrible INT (eerily similar to wat Jake would do), really killed us. When a good home team loses, it's usualy b/c of turnovers, and that was clearly the case.

Defense: Not too bad in the first half, but the defense still wasn't even that great in the first half. The Seahawks offense was horrible first half... more than our defense being good. Also, in the second half, our defense is just awful. You're right NJX, get rid of Coyer NOW. Also, we need to fix our DLine first round. It's beyond pathetic... great rushing D, but in critical moments on third downs in the fourth quarter, our DLine was nonexistant and it really killed us.

Special Teams: HORRIBLE. Like I mentioned a ways back. Losing Sauerbrun will hurt us. Ernster sucks. When he kicks off, the ball reaches the five yard line. Every other kicker that kicks at mile high at least kicks the ball five yards into the endzone. Also, our ST coverage needs to learn to tacke. It's absotuiltely painful to watch. Also, get rid of DWill as a returner. He's jsut awful. Every other game he commits a stupid fumble on ST.

Old 12-04-2006, 12:30 AM    (permalink
M
Rookie

M hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Cutler

I thought he was fine. Made good reads as to when to take ball and run out of bounds versus throw into good or double coverage. Obviously the interception was a mistake but unlike Plummer, Jake was in his seventh year, Cutler was in first game.

Good to see Marshall take on the contact after the catch. I think Marshall will be a solid WR after the offseason to add some more bulk. If he will go over the middle, he will have a career here in Denver. It will be interesting to see how the chemistry between all the backups works (Cutler, Marshall, and second round tight end). It is amazing how many of us had Marshall in our mocks - most in third round not 4th round.

He does have visibly more speed on the ball, and a nice release when he plants, squares shoulders and steps into throw. Good mechanics for the most part but needs to square up to be more accurate.

Thought it was respectfull of Shanahan to jump on the sword after the game at take blame for not putting calls in for Cutler. Not true but respect when Shanahan does that.

Not sure we will make playoffs but, like having a core of good players. I cointinue to wonder why Lynch is out on the field in coverage and our other safety is playing the run? Lynch is the one player I would most like to see us replace this year as he is a liability with his speed as WRs just run by him (see touchdown and without even bumping the guy he was 10 yards behind reciever 30 yards down the field) He needs to go and a 1st rounder on Safety would be my choice for now - think LSU in 1st round or a few good second rounders will be available.
M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 04:14 AM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I know Jake drove you guys crazy but as a Bengal fan, I feel you had a better chance at the playoffs with Jake rather than Jay. Rookies are going to have some real bad games and I almost see it like throwing in the towel by putting Jay out there. We'll see. I know the Bengals game with you worries me but I look at it as a must win to get us in the playoffs.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 08:15 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickscott
I know Jake drove you guys crazy but as a Bengal fan, I feel you had a better chance at the playoffs with Jake rather than Jay. Rookies are going to have some real bad games and I almost see it like throwing in the towel by putting Jay out there. We'll see. I know the Bengals game with you worries me but I look at it as a must win to get us in the playoffs.
throwing in the towel? what on earth has given you the impression that, at any point this season, jake played significantly better than jay just did? the point was, in a way, that jay couldn't be much worse, and that all things being equal, it was better to get cutler some snaps. keep in mind that jay had nothing to do with our first consecutive losses in who knows how long.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 08:33 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

bump
Old 12-05-2006, 08:34 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
bump
Post booster.

Who is Jay gonna tear up this week (who are you guys playing)?

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 12-05-2006, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Chris
Pro Bowler

If the Broncos were to draft today, these would be our selections. . .

Broncos Draft Selections

Round One: #23 Overall
Round Two: #55 Overall
Round Three: #71 Overall [Selection Via Redskins]
Round Three: #87 Overall
Round Five: #151 Overall
Round Six: #183 Overall
Round Seven: #215 Overall

Total Value Points: 1554
Old 12-05-2006, 04:40 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Don't you get the Redskins 4th too?

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 12-05-2006, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Chris
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Don't you get the Redskins 4th too?
In 2008.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Cutler played well... He'll be a good QB for the Broncos.

I do doubt they'll go far into the playoffs THIS year (he IS just a rookie), but Cutler will be just fine...

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 05:13 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

us going to the playoffs has nothing to do with jay cutler and everything to do with atrocious defensive play-calling and horrible offensive line and special teams play.

and that all assumes that the fumbles last week were an aberration.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

So Elway approves of Cutler. I think Cutler was just nervous. His passes were wobbly and short/overthrown. We saw that he can make those throws tho so I think once he adapts to the game a bit more he'll be great. My only concern is that now he's gonna go against the Chargers....

Btw, what does QFT mean?

Old 12-05-2006, 08:37 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

quoted for truth.

i think jay got the shaft, in getting thrown in with a terrible offensive line against two good defenses with excellent pass rushers. he won't look good this week either, imo, but at least we have arizona and san francisco on the schedule to help him get into a groove before next year.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Chris
Pro Bowler

Darren McFadden loves da Broncos.

Lose all games in 2008; grab him. Weeewtt.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:27 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

meh, we should just pull a reverse-redskins, since it seems like there's little to no chance we'll address o-line or defensive line in the first this year. just trade our first for someone's next year so that we'll have the ammo to move up and get him or slaton.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Quote:
meh, we should just pull a reverse-redskins, since it seems like there's little to no chance we'll address o-line or defensive line in the first this year. just trade our first for someone's next year so that we'll have the ammo to move up and get him or slaton.
As good as Slaton and McFadden are (I wouldn't mind getting them), I think Bell is really turning it around. His improvement has been great this season. His ability to stay injury free is a concern, but Mike Bell is showing that he is a decent backup (he has a minor fumbling problem, but it's more of a rookie problem imo than his own problem). I think our aging OL is a huge need and obviously getting a big time pass rushing DL would help.

One thing funny I noticed is that the Broncos love making teams one dimensional. They love stopping the run and forcing them to pass. Unfortunately, our pass rush isn't worth a damn in the second half and they proceed to kill us with the one dimension we force them to use.

Old 12-07-2006, 10:06 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

sure, and i like bell a lot when he's 100%. i just have so little trust right now that he will be all year.

and i think we're in agreement in bro9ncoland in general, that we have to get help on both lines or there are some ugly seasons ahead of us. it hink it's also intersting that losing lepsis made a HUGE difference in the play of our line. it seemed like, early in the year, guys (by which i mean foster) were getting beat occasionally (albeit at inopportune moments). now they seem to get beat every time we throw the ball.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Chris
Pro Bowler

With the injuries to the offensive line, the age. . . also the injuries to the defensive line and the age; if the Broncos don't address those in round one, they're dumb. Safety would classify as a huge need now too, injuries. . . and age.
Old 12-08-2006, 03:59 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

i think so, but with cox playing more often, i think they give him a chance before they draft anyone for mroe than depth.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Chris
Pro Bowler

Quote:
i think so, but with cox playing more often, i think they give him a chance before they draft anyone for mroe than depth.
Ferguson is old and injured and Lynch is just plain old.

Even though I think Zbikowski is overrated, if he was there in the second or with our first third, take him. He can be a returner too and have an impact on several different levels.