Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-03-2007, 08:08 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugegmenfan View Post
yes ken watanbe was the 'decoy' so to speak. Liam Neeson was truly Al Ghul, he confesses before he burns Wayne Manor down.
Really???

Ok, maybe I didn't understand it.

I thought he just used that name to surprise Wayne.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
No, Ken Watanabe ("The Last Samurai" and "Letters from Iwo Jima") played Ras Al Ghul.

Liam Neesen's character was his follower.
Wrongo dongo. Neesen was Ras Al Ghul, Ken was his "decoy."

Neesen says in the movie:

Wayne: "You're not Ras, he died" (or something like that)

Ras: "Yes, but is Ras Ah Guhl immortal?"

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 09:10 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

I wonder if Liam Neesen will be making another appearance in one of the next movies...you know Ras Al-Ghul never dies...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 09:17 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://inhome.rediff.com/movies/2007/dec/03bale.htm

Impressive.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

What are everybody's favourite documentaries? They don't even have to be feature films, could be on TV or something.

Here's a few of mine:

---

Hooked - Illegal Drugs and How They Got That Way
A special on the history drug outlining the major drugs in the USA, their history, and how they became illegal. Required viewing for anybody who wants to know where America's longest and most expensive war originated from.

Hoop Dreams
Follows two young black males in Chicago from the time they pick their high school to when they arrive at college. Great movie that is about so much more than basketball.

Pumping Iron
Say what you want about this movie (it does have it's fair share of hilarious lines) but it made bodybuilding what it is today. Even 30+ years ago, Arnold's charisma is present in full force.

SiCKO
Ya, I'll probably catch some crap for this pick but I think it's Moore's best movie and he has some good ones. Call him biased, but there's not much in this movie that isn't accurate. Good look at one of the more perplexing issues in American society today.

The Root of All Evil
A film by one of my favourite academics in the world today, Richard Dawkins. Won't say much about it because of forum rules but it basically outlines the many problems with religion.

Jesus Camp
This is definitely near the top of my list. Finally a movie shows the ridiculousness of certain religious groups that get a pass in our society because they happen to be the majority. If this movie doesn't make you think, not much will.

Supersize Me
What a great premise for a movie. I loved this movie from start to finish and it showcases what I believe will be the biggest killer of the Boomerang generation. Obesity is becoming an epidemic and the more people that realize it and insist on change the better.

---

There are many more I'm forgetting but those are a few off the top of my head. Recommend your favourites so we can all watch them. I tend to prefer newer ones or at least ones that pertain to issues that are still relevant.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 04:03 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
What are everybody's favourite documentaries? They don't even have to be feature films, could be on TV or something.

Here's a few of mine:

---

Hooked - Illegal Drugs and How They Got That Way
A special on the history drug outlining the major drugs in the USA, their history, and how they became illegal. Required viewing for anybody who wants to know where America's longest and most expensive war originated from.

Hoop Dreams
Follows two young black males in Chicago from the time they pick their high school to when they arrive at college. Great movie that is about so much more than basketball.

Pumping Iron
Say what you want about this movie (it does have it's fair share of hilarious lines) but it made bodybuilding what it is today. Even 30+ years ago, Arnold's charisma is present in full force.

SiCKO
Ya, I'll probably catch some crap for this pick but I think it's Moore's best movie and he has some good ones. Call him biased, but there's not much in this movie that isn't accurate. Good look at one of the more perplexing issues in American society today.

The Root of All Evil
A film by one of my favourite academics in the world today, Richard Dawkins. Won't say much about it because of forum rules but it basically outlines the many problems with religion.

Jesus Camp
This is definitely near the top of my list. Finally a movie shows the ridiculousness of certain religious groups that get a pass in our society because they happen to be the majority. If this movie doesn't make you think, not much will.

Supersize Me
What a great premise for a movie. I loved this movie from start to finish and it showcases what I believe will be the biggest killer of the Boomerang generation. Obesity is becoming an epidemic and the more people that realize it and insist on change the better.

---

There are many more I'm forgetting but those are a few off the top of my head. Recommend your favourites so we can all watch them. I tend to prefer newer ones or at least ones that pertain to issues that are still relevant.

The Root of All evil is very good, but it appeals to its target audience, no one else really. I mean im an atheist myself and i loved it because of how much it showed religion is so illogical and a scam, but truthfully it simply appeals to ppl who feel in that general way.

Supersize me was very entertaining- but it actually just made me hungry and i swear i went out after i saw it and ate fast food. it was funny and a brilliant concept but didnt have a lasting impact.

Im a big Michael Moore fan. I know i will get crap for this, im not bringing up politics, but i just love his films. Although some say he fabricates facts, which may be true in some areas, overall what he gets at is pretty accurate. I never saw Sicko actually, ill wait for it on demand but BFC and F9/11 were fabulous

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 04:06 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ok everyone- New topic...Favorite Foreign Films?

Mine are City of God, Pan's Labyrinth, Seven Samurai
City Of God, Lock, Stock

and for documentaries:

Wordplay and the Confederate States of America

And the wide release for Juno is December 14th, tomorrow only if you are in NY or LA.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Got the Superbad DVD. Great movie, very funny, but not as good as Knocked Up IMHO.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
The Root of All evil is very good, but it appeals to its target audience, no one else really. I mean im an atheist myself and i loved it because of how much it showed religion is so illogical and a scam, but truthfully it simply appeals to ppl who feel in that general way.

Supersize me was very entertaining- but it actually just made me hungry and i swear i went out after i saw it and ate fast food. it was funny and a brilliant concept but didnt have a lasting impact.

Im a big Michael Moore fan. I know i will get crap for this, im not bringing up politics, but i just love his films. Although some say he fabricates facts, which may be true in some areas, overall what he gets at is pretty accurate. I never saw Sicko actually, ill wait for it on demand but BFC and F9/11 were fabulous
I actually used to be religious but as I grew older and started exploring religion outside of what was told to me by parents, church, etc. I switched to atheism. I think The Root of All Evil would be interesting to anybody with an open mind, unfortunately people tend to be very bullheaded when it comes to matter of religion. I get your point though, obviously people will like documentaries more if they subscribe to the beliefs they are pushing on you.

I like Michael Moore a lot too and I think he gets a bad reputation that he doesn't deserve. People just dismiss him as some "crazy liberal" when he actually has some interesting ideas. I think more than anything he should be applauded for bringing issues into the mainstream media and having them discussed. After SiCKO was released there was about a month of coverage on major media about healthcare in America. Agree with Moore's ideas or not, anything that brings important issues to the forefront ahead of the normal idiocy that news covers has to be seen as positive. The best thing about Moore's movies is probably that they're just incredibly well done. I don't think I've ever seen a documentary that was put together as well as the ones Moore has created.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 06:32 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Favorite Documentaries.. Best one I've seen is probably "Dark Days" which is about Homeless people in New York that live underground in the abandoned part of the railways..The director made the movie to try and help out the homeless people.. It's pretty cool just seeing how they live.. How they make their little huts to live in, how they get their food, and hearing all of their little stories that they have to tell. Also has a great soundtrack done by DJ Shadow. Really good stuff.

Also have shout out "Roger & Me" done by Michael Moore.. even though it makes Flint look much worse than it really is.

Last edited by WMD : 12-04-2007 at 06:36 PM.
WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New Rambo trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4sagNn4BNU
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 11:27 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only the original R-rated trailer was good. I saw a commercial for it on TV yesterday, they were playing Drowning Pool. Ugh.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 11:29 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 10:14 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Only the original R-rated trailer was good. I saw a commercial for it on TV yesterday, they were playing Drowning Pool. Ugh.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rLR0...eature=related
Old 12-05-2007, 11:49 AM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
great moview

sig by jkpigskin

Old 12-05-2007, 02:25 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
I did not know that horse was a diabetic.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 03:46 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the new kat williams is out gonna get that tonight

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 10:49 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So after watching American Gangster, i must say i LOVED it. One of the best movie i have seen in a few years, i also watched american haunting, which was pretty good, nothing great, but wasn't bad.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 10:49 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Just got done watching "I know who killed me" with Lindsay Lohan....she's not bad on the eyes...but I wouldn't waste my time if you haven't seen it...it's nothing special...the story premise is good but the acting is horrible...

there is nudity though...just not lohan's...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 11:13 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
Just got done watching "I know who killed me" with Lindsay Lohan....she's not bad on the eyes...but I wouldn't waste my time if you haven't seen it...it's nothing special...the story premise is good but the acting is horrible...

there is nudity though...just not lohan's...
Yeah it was a complete bomb in the box office i think like 10 million or less possibly. I saw some shots of Lohan dancing around and the scene in which she is topless is actually not her, ur right. Her career is really toasted

sig by jkpigskin

Old 12-05-2007, 11:15 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 12-06-2007, 01:33 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

when does it come out
Old 12-06-2007, 01:34 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
when does it come out
when what comes out?

Old 12-06-2007, 02:07 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Hamburger Hill
Old 12-06-2007, 02:08 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Hamburger Hill
it's a really old movie, a classic War movie it's been out for years